Hi

I am owning a land with 1200sqft CMDA Approved layout plot(with 30 ft frontage and 30ft road) and also there is a patta land of 5 cents at the end of the plot (L Shaped). Approach for my patta land is through my CMDA plot only.

Can I construct apatments with whole L shaped land (including CMDA and patta land)? Do I need to get approval from CDMA or local body ? Approximately How much it cost to complete all approvals. Is there any consultant or planner reference who can complete the whole work?

Regards,
JVLand.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Give clear description of both the plots,
    Are you going to construct of your own or are you going for joint venture?

your questions are merged for both

when you go for an jv you dont need to worry about anything except the time duration and quality.,

You mention 1200 sqft and you also mention 5 Cents, 5 Cents is nearly more than one ground.

Next

Did you approach any builder, do you know all about jv.
    The timing for approval - i will say after you give a little bit of details.
    You have mentioned L type for a plot, does it suitable for joint venture.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Bala,

THanks for your reply. I have attached the shape of the land.

As a first thing, I am not going for JV on this land.(If you say JV is the best please give me more details on that also. )

I am planning to construct or promote on my own. Is it possible to get approval with that CMDA plot as path, Also I need to know the way to get approval and how long and cost it will take ?

Regards,
    JVLand
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, The preportion of the plot is good apart from little bit area.
    110 x 30 feet forms a retangle and make it good for construction the frontage 300 sqft can be used for parking on the ground floor and construct on the first and second floor. As it is the enterance.
    As one of the plot is CMDA and another is Patta/unapproved, you have to apply SEPERATE Applications for Building plan Approval. Since the unapprove plot will come under THE OSR REGULACTION ACT, and has to be paid OSR
    Method - 1 Get the unapproved plot regularised, by paying OSR (10% of the guideline value, it has to be paid to OSR, Revenue Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, Then Apply Building Approval combining the Both lands, A simple POA will help you to combine the plots. There are Different Applications issued in CMDA, Chennai, An additional form will be required for the unapproved plot, but your building plan can be combined as a whole.
    Method - 2 it is little bit risky, to avoid OSR Charge, Show the CMDA approved for building plan approval, and deviate the plan to extent to the unapproved Plot. You will face a lot of issue when selling the flats or going for a bank loan
    I will not suggest yov to build of your own if you do not have previous experiences. The expense will take you to hell making the construction charge double and put you to loss. There are more criminal ideas to be followed in constructions which a builder only knows.
    It is not such easy to get approval, If A builder applies he will get it in 6 months, if you apply it will take more than 1 year to get approval (the time duration is after giving bribe and recomendation). Without Bribe no one will get approval.
    If you are constructing for your personal use not problem. Just have a small plan approved that is enough.
    Relating the cost -
    The unapproved plot = 10% OSR
    Vacant Land Tax = some 75 paisa/sqft (please confirm)
    Application fees it will come nearly 8 to 10 applicatinns = 200
    Building Application fees = 65K/kitchen
    Citi Developement Fund = ???
    Plan Charge = 15000 (8 copies)
    CMDA Bribe = 25K/kitchen
    Local Bribe = 15K/kitchen
    For your information the plan will be rejected minimum 3 to 10 times after giving bribe also.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Bala,

Thanks for your time for the detailed information.

Regards
    JVLand
    CommentQuote
  • Need help to obtain Cmda approval for a patta land

The land of 2450 sq ft of patta land I purchased planning to construct our dream house...need to know the procedure to obtain Cmda approval. The lay out was made on 1978, is OSR charges applicable? Pls advise and guide
    CommentQuote
  • whether OSR paid to CMDA means that the land is CMDA approved?

Hi,

I am purchasing 925 Sq ft out of 1850 Sq.ft land in Porur.. Initially the layout was unapproved and the owner says that he has paid 10% of Guideline value as OSR.. My questions are:

1. What is the Validity for this OSR which was paid in 2005?

2. If OSR is paid, does it mean that the land is CMDA approved?

3. Post sub division of the plot, should I again pay the OSR?

Your expert views are highly appreciated

I look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks
    CommentQuote
  • I bought a house 500 sq ft indise a 1200 sq ft plot in may 2017 with home loan. the land only had patta. since there is built house in it, there is EB bill, New Property Tax, Water Tax with all payments cleared with cmda.

i applied for transfer of patta to my name, but the procedure since i didnt have Layout of land.

Is there any procedure to get the layout for a plot in CMDA with patta.

CommentQuote