I am planning to buy a plot. I yet to make decision on whether to invest in

1) Manimangalam - Doctor's nest in Tambaram west- Around Rs.1200 per sq ft. DTCP approved . And it has loan option as well. Very huge gated set of plots. Around 600+ plots are there.

2) Plot in Kumili - Somas Garden. Kumili is the village in the road linking Kandigai village to Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road. The price is around Rs 700/sqft. Panchayat approved. No loan. There are around 200+ plots are there.

I am planning to go for 1800 sqft, with 12-14L from pocket and rest from loan if required.

Can you guys suggest me which one of them is best to invest? Does going for bank loan to buy a plot in Manimangalm worth? Does Kumili has any growth in future?
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Kumili is a good option for location, price will increase...but if land is not DTCP approved, then that price is high..u can get DTCP approved land in cynosure for 698 / sqft. Tambaram West is good buy..upcoming large Vandalur terminus will boost Tambaram quite a bit. And land is DTCP approved..land in Chromepet and Hasthinapuram is a little suspect, as there r reports of soil being contaminated..so if you are away from this two spots shud be safe.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sabiyur
    I am planning to buy a plot. I yet to make decision on whether to invest in

1) Manimangalam - Doctor's nest in Tambaram west- Around Rs.1200 per sq ft. DTCP approved . And it has loan option as well. Very huge gated set of plots. Around 600+ plots are there.

2) Plot in Kumili - Somas Garden. Kumili is the village in the road linking Kandigai village to Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road. The price is around Rs 700/sqft. Panchayat approved. No loan. There are around 200+ plots are there.

I am planning to go for 1800 sqft, with 12-14L from pocket and rest from loan if required.

Can you guys suggest me which one of them is best to invest? Does going for bank loan to buy a plot in Manimangalm worth? Does Kumili has any growth in future?

Option 1-
    CommentQuote
  • Doctor's nest in Manimangalam is highly overpriced. There is no real development there. I could not understand for such a huge price for Doctor's nest. Few months ago, I got a offer in Doctor's nest around 1000, but it was resale plots where it had either therukuttu or unshape. So, beware of this also. The connectivity is not that great. If you are looking for investment, look out anywhere between Manimangalam to Sriperambathur SH.

FYI, the vandalur bus terminus plan is in stake now. There could be a real chance that the proposed bus terminus moves elsewhere. Vandalur Terminus Land Gets Pricey - The New Indian Express . So, don't blindly go there just because of proposed vandalur bus terminus.
    CommentQuote
  • ORR nearby-Then y second opinion

Manimangalam price rise and demand is not only becoz of vandalur bus terminus...u people have forgotten ORR.This sure to make a impact in infra and development.Connectivity is also going to be better.

CMDA plans grid of roads along ORR - The New Indian Express
    CommentQuote
  • Hai Sabiyur,
    Did u buy the plot in kumili?
    i also try to buy plot in kumili. I have seen the somas garden.

I am also interested in the area. it is useful once the road between kalvoy and kandigai widen.
    CommentQuote
  • Option 1 for 1000 Rs/sq ft is decent option because of ORR nearby school etc.
    CommentQuote