Hi All,

Today's Hindu (Chennai Edition) carries an ad for New Haven Ribbon Walk by TATA True Value Homes.

There is a website with further details

Tata Value Homes Introducing New Haven Ribbon Walk

Is anybody interested in this project? And what people think about the project.
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • any idea about price
    CommentQuote
  • ABOUT TATA NEW HAVEN RIBBON WALK – MAMBAKKAM:

Tata New Haven Ribbon Walk is the new residential project launched by Tata Housing, located at Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road, Mambakkam in Chennai. Tata New Haven Ribbon Walk each and every Apartment is skillfully planned and designed to utilize maximum space and to provide cross ventilation and sunlight which is vital for healthy living. All our efforts in our life are aimed at making our family happy. Tata New Haven Ribbon Walk strive hard to provide them a peaceful, secure and luxurious lifestyle.

ABOUT TATA HOUSING:

Tata Housing Development Company Ltd,. Established 1984 is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Sons Limited. Tata Housing has pioneered the concept of property development and has stood out in the industry with its ethical business practices, rapidly acquiring a public image as a Quality Conscious and Reliable Developer. We believe in creating a home or an office based on an understanding of customer needs and preferences. Hence, property is developed only after market research to determine the consumer needs and the project is designed and implemented according to consumer preference.

Approximate Details for New Haven Ribbon Walk :

· 15.28 Acres Land
    · 5 Towers ( G+14, G+16, G+18, G+20, G+22)
    · Total No of Units - 1697
    · FRC (floor rise charges)– Rs 30/- sqft 4th floor onwards
    · PLC (Preferred Location charges) – Rs 50/- sqft for Garden & Lake Facing Apartments
    · Possession – April 2017
    · 35% Construction & 65% open Area concept (IGBC)

Price Details:

Type
    Size (Sqft)
    Total Cost*
    ( all inclusive)

1BHK
    603 - 612
    29.6 Lac - 30.1 Lac

2BHK
    999-1152
    46.9 Lac - 53.4 Lac

3BHK
    1422-1459
    69.8 Lac - 76.1 Lac

Amenities:

· Gymnasium
    · Swimming Pool
    · Children Play Area
    · Club House
    · Amphitheater
    · Power Back Up
    · Rain Water Harvesting
    · Security
    CommentQuote
  • Cost sheet attached.
    CommentQuote
  • Price seems quite high for that location. Let's see how the demand is. Cannot find the rate psf.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Haojin
    ABOUT TATA NEW HAVEN RIBBON WALK – MAMBAKKAM:

Approximate Details for New Haven Ribbon Walk :

· 15.28 Acres Land
    · 5 Towers ( G+14, G+16, G+18, G+20, G+22)
    · Total No of Units - 1697

Price Details:

Type
    Size (Sqft)
    Total Cost*
    ( all inclusive)

2BHK
    999-1152
    46.9 Lac - 53.4 Lac

The term "all inclusive is very deceptive. If you see the detailed cost sheet, it does not include:

Service Tax on Construction (This can be as much as 2-3 Lakhs for a 2 BHK)
      Value Added Tax
      Floor rise charges (these apply at Rs. 30 psqft from fourth floor onwards - considering most towers are 16-20 floors and above, 75-80% of buyers will have to pay floor rise charges amounting to 2-4 Lakhs for a 1000 sqft apartment)
      Registration and stamp duty - this can also run to around Rs. 2 Lakhs depending on land guideline values etc
      Water and Electricity connection charges
      Price escalation clause is there - the impact of this is unknown, it will easily be a couple of lakhs considering the inflation and the long gestation period (till April 2017)

So the final price could easily be 10 Lakhs over and above the "all inclusive price" stated above. I am disappointed since I expected the Tata Group to be more transparent.

So the final price could easily be 10 Lakhs over and above the "all inclusive price" stated above. I am disappointed since I expected the Tata Group to be more transparent.

CommentQuote
  • It is rightly said the price seem to be on the highest side. As for the developments in the vicinity, SBI Officers' Association has a mammoth project coming up there called "Unity Enclave" with stilt plus 15 floors, a 25 Acre gated community, first of its kind in history of any Bank. They also have plans to have a SBIOA School and Engg college constructed there. These would augur well for the visibility of the area
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Haojin
    Cost sheet attached.

Base price is about 4300 per sqft.

Add Rs 700 and invest in sholinganallur area which is much closer to city and walkable from many IT parks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebirds43k
    Base price is about 4300 per sqft.

Add Rs 700 and invest in sholinganallur area which is much closer to city and walkable from many IT parks

You are right, the location is between GST and OMR between. VK road both sides most of the places with forest area and limited land bank for future development. This area will develop only as a specific pocket of development and not spread over.

This layout has many 1 and 2 BR with few options for 3BR, having branded and targeted middle segment, price is too high, though there are takers even at this price.
    CommentQuote
  • You can go a km or two beyond Sholingnallur _ Semmenchery where you get same flats at 4000 - 4500 per sft.

That too in Chennai Corporation limits
    Very close to OMR

Why should TATA homes charge so much
    CommentQuote
  • For IT people, OMR, Tambaram MEPZ, Shriram IT Park Olympia and Mahindra World City are the Major hubs.

Keeping this in Mind, I feel we should Buy apartments with easy reach to all these places if not all atleast 4 out of 5 hubs are accessible from Sholingnallur Pallavaram etc

Time to decide
    CommentQuote
  • price seems to be very high, 2bhk all inclusive come above 60lac, in same ONroad near to omr,PRICE IS 3299/,ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE IS 35LAC
    CommentQuote
  • Get all the Information from http://goo.gl/Xgg1e3 also you can book it here. Check out the recent and updated news from Economic Times goo.gl/fKMvgF
    CommentQuote
  • Tata Value Homes offers one-day prices on projects in 4 cities

Tata Value Homes offers one-day prices on projects in 4 cities | Business Line

"According to an official statement, with a limited number of units available, the bookings will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis."

Hurry UP! what are you waiting for:bab (59):.....only few units left
    CommentQuote
  • Did anybody book an apartment in Tata Value Homes' New Haven in Mambakkam?
    It would be great if someone could post about the pros and cons of the project.
    CommentQuote
  • At the base price of Rs 5,000 psqft + 30%, the price is extremely high for the location.

The location is far away, middle of nowhere and 20 kms outside the border of Chennai Citi Limit.

No one would like to pay a base price more than Rs 3,500 + 20% (including Registration)
    CommentQuote