Plot investors,

can we do a quick summary of good value layouts / plot prospects under 1000rs a sqft ?
I know the sentiment is not towards buying now in Chennai, but getting a good summary of layouts and cataloging them would help when market is positioned for buying opportunities.

Under 1000rs a sqft --- South Chennai Plots
Read more
141 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by redblue
    BLB and Artha are big, aren't they?, have seen many threads and advertisements. I read your post in the BLB Lakshmi Gatacham layout thread that BLB paid a big advance and then they did some work(laying roads and stuff) and sold. In these cases if you want to buy from that layout you have no choice but to buy through them, they are the exclusive brokers/agents/promoters. Does Yume also operate in the same way or are they just your neighborhood agent who operates on a bigger scale? Will they be the exclusive agents or one of the agents.

Exclusive who packs a big margin vaporizing the returns from 2-3 years in a good market
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aptfinder
    Rajaji nagar dtcp near Sriram Shankari , Guduvanchery at 1650 is pretty high, when you can get 1500 psftDTCP in Kandigai itself..
    That area is 600-850 max dtcp ..anything more is high.

Kayrambedu must be 750 or less else wait for it no rush to buy now
    CommentQuote
  • VGP has launched - NEW GOLD
    MY VGP – PROJECTS - New Gold Avenue
    any idea on this layout ? pricing location in WM ?
    CommentQuote
  • VGP Gold avenue was being quoted Rs 1000 per sq ft when they launched it in March 14. The problem with my vgp sites are in most cases they are just marketing it and are not the original developers of the layout.
    CommentQuote
  • True i checked its 8.5Km from GST and quoted at 999/sqft
    I said thank you and hung up - no motivations

On a different note - what is a good market price Gokulapuram im getting offers on a wide varied price range from 750 to 1050
    What should be a good price point for 40ft east facing property ?
    CommentQuote
  • ORR and SURYA nagar are ways apart and no real good road connectivity and also... plenty of land near by
    Royappa nagar is trading because of direct access and flat construction
    nothing else
    CommentQuote
  • Plot Buyers -
    Questions on a few layouts any one knows information please provide

1 -- ANNAI aravind Nagar - near BOSCH electricals opposite to Lancor project - less than 1Km from mainroad

2 - Ganapathy nagar - near gokulapuram DTCP approved
    CommentQuote
  • surya nagar / orr

Finally decided on surya nagar promoted by leo real estate. 2400 sq ft 825 per sq ft on a 40 ft road in that layout. PROS - CMDA approved layout on a 50 acre property and 3kms distance from ORR ROAD/ KUNDRATHUR ROAD intersection from madha engg college. CONS - 1 km road from nandambakkam periyar nagar bus stop to the layout is in bad shape.
    Any way thanks to SR as i checked on H T lines and there was no issues in my plot / street.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • sastha2 years ago
      No sir, am planning to build a house there. But you may check with the promoter leo housing. All the best
  • Originally Posted by sastha
    Finally decided on surya nagar promoted by leo real estate. 2400 sq ft 825 per sq ft on a 40 ft road in that layout. PROS - CMDA approved layout on a 50 acre property and 3kms distance from ORR ROAD/ KUNDRATHUR ROAD intersection from madha engg college. CONS - 1 km road from nandambakkam periyar nagar bus stop to the layout is in bad shape.
    Any way thanks to SR as i checked on H T lines and there was no issues in my plot / street.

Ho much you bargained sir?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • tricytitus62 years ago
      Hi harishg6,

I am Tricy, from vadapalani, looking to buy a 2400 sq ft plot, are you interested to sell your plot???? I am interested to buy in surya nagar
  • Originally Posted by sastha

what is a safe distance to live near HT Lines ?
    CommentQuote
  • The price in surya nagar is around 895 they probably are ready to get down to 850
    but you have to sit on it for a very long time as there is no visible development--

some of the nagars i have been prospecting for my own buying im posting in this thread but i see no response or interest or i should think lack of information
    CommentQuote
  • Orr/surya nagar

Dear harish, I think i mentioned the price of Rs 825/ per sq ft against their offer 895/ as advertised in their website leo housing.com
    CommentQuote
  • orr/surya nagar

Dear SR I am as such betting my 2 cents on the ORR opening for appreciation. Any way I have committed now and planning regn next week
    CommentQuote
  • Sastha
    My comment is no way diminishing your plan or intent to bet on this layout
    we all at some levels bet on some thing - dont we
    Your bet is as good as mine.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi friends,

As you are discussing about the < 1000 RE i would like to put some insight into it. I was looking for some plots in padappadi stretch towards wallajabad. I found a promoter in Nathanallur village 1KM from the main road. They were quoting price at 450 RS. DTCP.

Some promoters like Mano,King makers all promoter there.

Also going 5 KM from the Oragadam--Wallajabad main road you find a village called Uthukadu puthagaram bus stop. I see plots by Millenium,Apex and more there for less than 750 DTCP.

Anybody have a chance to know about these areas ? Please share your views. Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote