Plot investors,

can we do a quick summary of good value layouts / plot prospects under 1000rs a sqft ?
I know the sentiment is not towards buying now in Chennai, but getting a good summary of layouts and cataloging them would help when market is positioned for buying opportunities.

Under 1000rs a sqft --- South Chennai Plots
Read more
141 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • uthukadu area is not bad but the price you mentioned is bad
    it has to be sub 500 or even 400 there get in, forget for 10 years
    I looked at this layout last year price was 350 to 450
    Vijaya Garden
    decent layout
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Memebers,
    Pls advise what price is going on Enathur Village, Adjacent to L& T, Near Meenatchi Medical college, Kanchipuram Tk, I bought the land 6 years back at the price of 222 Rs.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you S Raj. I am seeing few plots from Nathanallur bus stop which is exactly 1km from the 3 lane Oragadam--walajabad road. Have u visited to Nathanallur Village where i see crowd,peoples,ration shops,Water Tanks,EB.corporation schools,Panchayat office.

I can see people construting good houses there with decent environment. It just remembers me some areas of medavakkam,kovilambakkam 10 years ago..! I am looking to get a DTCP plots over there do you have any idea there especially Nathanallur ? Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Karthicks - oragadam belt is a corridor where i have not done much research,
    Currently focusing mostly on Guduvanchery Urapakkam SP Koil MM nagar corridor only
    there are ton of options, frankly im overwhelmed with options, so dont know where to chase.
    Too many value plays that there is no rush at all.
    Gokulapuram sellers are hawking every week calling me in the US to buy their plots.
    Annai Aravind nagar seems to be a good choice but i need to vet it closely as it has some clarifications i need to make
    If the price point in nathanallur is 750 to 1000 then i would say you are better of buying near GST in the areas mentioned above at 800 to 1200 range as the differential is not there.
    IMHO oragadam walajabad around 500 or less else you are better of trying the main corridors
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your suggestion Raj.
    CommentQuote
  • Another Layout to check

BLB promoted - Shakthi Nagar SNo 93/ CMDA approved varadharajapuram village

Is there any pricing information on this layout .
    BLB promoted in 2009 - 2011 i believe
    CommentQuote
  • Hi people,
    I am seriously looking for buying a plot for investment and probable self use in future.
    My area of interest is the vandalur kelambakkam road.
    Can you please suggest suitable options?

I am pretty much interested in ETA wings haven. Any suggestions.
    I was offered a resale plot and under negotiation. What is the best price there? . The remaining unsold plots are advertised at 2800/sqft.

What is the situation with Gandhinagar society?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by renege
    Hi people,
    I am seriously looking for buying a plot for investment and probable self use in future.
    My area of interest is the vandalur kelambakkam road.
    Can you please suggest suitable options?

I am pretty much interested in ETA wings haven. Any suggestions.
    I was offered a resale plot and under negotiation. What is the best price there? . The remaining unsold plots are advertised at 2800/sqft.

What is the situation with Gandhinagar society?

Try to get ETA at around 2500 / 2600 ...

Gandhinagar at 45Lakhs - 50 lakhs
    CommentQuote
  • is it worth buying at ETA Star as an investment option?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by renege
    is it worth buying at ETA Star as an investment option?

This is my personal opinion,
    the investment opportunity there has passed
    April 2010 was the time they launched at 1200 +
    Now the next growth IMO willl be when you see houses and flats coming up
    I saw last one or 2 constructions happening, but to from 2500 to 4000 you need some roads some decent live-able development to push it to end use market
    Until such time it may hover around 2600-3000 which is what it has been doing for a year

Now gandhinagar is a different story, it has been discussed a million times here
    but if you want to bet on that horse and you get a right plot there is no reason why it should sell for such discount - we all know the reasons, but thats what you get into the deal with full awareness
    CommentQuote
  • What's the opinion on Hanumanthauram near SP Koil? They are quoting Rs675/-psqft. I haven't inspected this place ( promoted by Vamanan properties, Tambaram ). If anybody has, can you share how developed the area is and what's the time horizon to sit on?
    CommentQuote
  • Is this a new layout ? Vamanan estates had also an AD in hindu last saturday for a new layout called Saravana Mangala nagar in Potheri ?
    what is the price there ?
    CommentQuote
  • Dunno if it is new. This layout is called Shirdi Sai Nagar.The location map is below. I found the details in their web site. THe "not to scale" map does look locationally strategic. But has anyone been there and seen the place? Would like to know people's opinion on this.
    I'm planning to visit in about a fortnight.
    CommentQuote
  • Is both mambakkam and sp koil in your area of search
    What is your rationale for one over other
    Just that you saw both ada
    CommentQuote
  • My areas of search are omr, vk road and gst road in that order of preference. Want to zero in on one location. There seems quite some options all over the place. So a bit directionless right now. Asking for opinions so that I can evaluate them.
    CommentQuote