Plot investors,

can we do a quick summary of good value layouts / plot prospects under 1000rs a sqft ?
I know the sentiment is not towards buying now in Chennai, but getting a good summary of layouts and cataloging them would help when market is positioned for buying opportunities.

Under 1000rs a sqft --- South Chennai Plots
Read more
141 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,

Me and 2 of my friends have decided to buy a plot in Kandigai area (near vandalur). How much land do we need to build 3 houses with 1000 sq. ft each?

The house can be like an independent house with 2 floors (with all 3 houses looking exactly the same) or an apartment kind of house with ground floor consisting of 1 house and remaining area left out for parking and the 1st floor consisting of 2 houses and the 2nd floor is an open terrace.

Also, I want to know in this case how registration of the plot works? Does it needs to be registered under a single owner name or is there a way for 3 of us to be registered as owners of this plot?

Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm just a beginner to all these things, I don't know how these things work.

Thanks
    Ve. Mani
    CommentQuote
  • Ashok Nagar Layout - Question

@SRaj001/nilanadukkam/Rockey,

My brother have visited the Ashok Nagar layout. He mentioned that there are no clearly marked roads in the layout and since it is a unapproved layout, what is the guarantee that 40/30 ft roads are not sold to someone else?

Also nilanadukkam mentioned in the forum that, there are some risks in buying land from this layout. What kind of risks is that?

"The layout is NOT DTCP/CMDA. so there is some risk and that is why, perhaps it is selling lesser than the surroundings. If one is willing to take some risk, I think this is a place with lot of potential/promise."
    CommentQuote
  • Priyas2108 ... Apart from not being approved, and that it may take quite a while to be ready for end use, I don't see any other risk. Since you mentioned in another thread that you are in chennai, I suggest you visit the place yourself and form an opinion. Of course, seek legal counsel before deciding anything.

Btw, what do you mean by road being sold to someone? If you mean some roads may become dead end by road area being clubbed with the last house, yes, that may happen. If you mean the width might reduce due to encroachment by all houses in a street, that's quite unlikely. You can measure the road width and ascertain.
    CommentQuote
  • Done

Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Ok lets use you as a case study
    First step
    List your requirements
    1 - Property meant for investment or end use - cap appreciation of parking money ?
    2 - Property holding time period - horizon of investment
    3 - Ticket size - what is your investment size
    4 - what % of your total portfolio is this land ( to understand the level of risk all savigns, 1% of savings whatever it is)
    5 - parameters of your search
    DTCP / CMDA only
    Layouts with 2-3 years of houses to be built
    High GV value vs Low GV value
    Current ownership - Sale deed + patta, Sale Deed / No patta , Power ,
    Buy from layout promoter , or from resale

6 - Location - from your search you are on the corridors of

OMR - after kelambakkam / thaiyur upto thiruporur
    V-K -- Mambakkam / ponmar / nedukundram / Ratnamangalam/ vengadamangalam/ottiampakkam / polachery / kandigai etc
    GST road -- madambakkam / guduvanchery/ urappakkam / adhanur / padappai/ oratur/ Potheri / SP koil / Gudalur / MM nagar/ Kavanur,permumattunallur, kayarambedu, arungal, kalvoy etc ....

Now list out your thoughts and short list what is must have / nice to have and then look at market and start to map the available land that fits your criteria

are you game ?

After about 3 months into this "educational" trip, the case study is finally over! Will post the details of the buy once I receive the registered document in hand.

Many thanks to SRaj001, Rockeyirb and Economist for all the support.
    CommentQuote
  • Where did you end up buying ?
    CommentQuote
  • off ORR. Will post once the I get the doc ... it aint over until it is over. Newspaper-la "pass"nu vandhalum, marksheet kaikku varanumlaya.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nilanadukkam
    off ORR. Will post once the I get the doc ... it aint over until it is over. Newspaper-la "pass"nu vandhalum, marksheet kaikku varanumlaya.

Paruya ivlo theliva irukaru..
    CommentQuote
  • I'm in chennai for another week and I have been scouting a variety of areas this time
    Seems like there are still a lot of value plays in the market
    High GV is a major headache in many areas

But overall development and infra has been progressing steadily

Tamabaram spdr oragadam padappai walajabad connectivity is pretty good

I can reach from mudichur bridge to spdr junction in 25 mins

Also karanai puducheryy road is done very well earlier it used to be so bad due to crusher lorries now until arungal village it's pretty decent

ATS IS SELLING kamalammal garden for 1200
    I will post more findings when I return to US
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    I'm in chennai for another week and I have been scouting a variety of areas this time
    Seems like there are still a lot of value plays in the market
    High GV is a major headache in many areas

But overall development and infra has been progressing steadily

Tamabaram spdr oragadam padappai walajabad connectivity is pretty good

I can reach from mudichur bridge to spdr junction in 25 mins

Also karanai puducheryy road is done very well earlier it used to be so bad due to crusher lorries now until arungal village it's pretty decent

ATS IS SELLING kamalammal garden for 1200
    I will post more findings when I return to US

Raj .Have you finalized any plot in chennai.pls inform.Iam looking for plot for the last two years .Not finalized so far.pls suggest
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nilanadukkam
    off ORR. Will post once the I get the doc ... it aint over until it is over. Newspaper-la "pass"nu vandhalum, marksheet kaikku varanumlaya.

Eanna sir marksheet vandhuchaaa ?
    where did you end up buying
    Let me guess - Sundar or Royappa nagar or Selva or Jegadeeshwari nagar
    CommentQuote
  • You guessed it right. Royappa is where i bought close to GV, Near the Raghvaendra temple, from direct allotee. Yes, mark sheet vandachu -checked EC online.
    CommentQuote
  • From an investment standpoint this is far more better than buying at 1800 in MMpuram
    The promise of 400 ft road is good but paying over 1200 for the hype is not IMHO
    I was in royappa and sundar nagar this trip every time I took 400 ft road
    But was puzzled why they did not lay any tar road yet many layouts with few houses have gotten tar roads
    It may be about time
    CommentQuote
  • Posting a question regarding surya nagar Nandambakkam
    Does the outlook of this layout change with the announcement of the Sobha project
    CommentQuote
  • It is a bet. With a horizon of more than 10-15 years, I am not expecting anything soon. Would keep fingers crossed and sit tight. With connectivity and good layout planning, I think it is calculated risk. But then, god knows what's in store.

Did you buy anything on the ORR stretch?
    CommentQuote
    Type of property : CMDA Approved residential plot
    Distance from Anna nagar : 21 Kms
    Rate : INR . 415 per sq.ft

Where is this layout? Can you pls locate this in wikimapia?
    THanks.

Where is this layout? Can you pls locate this in wikimapia?
    THanks.
    CommentQuote