Plot investors,

can we do a quick summary of good value layouts / plot prospects under 1000rs a sqft ?
I know the sentiment is not towards buying now in Chennai, but getting a good summary of layouts and cataloging them would help when market is positioned for buying opportunities.

Under 1000rs a sqft --- South Chennai Plots
Read more
141 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I bought 3 months back at SURYA NAGAR and am seeing activity after the opening of ORR ( Though main link to GST road is pending). Three houses have come inside this layout and many more are coming in adjacent layout of Arunachaleswara nagar. The plots are available are only ODD SHAPED and THERUKUTTHU. The promoters are hassle free and they have initiated the PATTA name change process. Like I said in my earlier post to SR valuation is likely to go up soon.
    CommentQuote
  • This thread is inactive for the last one year.Supradeepam Layout by MS Foundation.

Layout launced in 2013 for Rs 1000 .Now they increased to 1200.This layout is 2 kms from orr

4 kms from Poonamalee Maduravayal road.It is 15 kms from Anna nagar.

pls suggest

Supradeepam - Chennai
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

Am currently planning to invest in Chennai south (purely investment )..

I have provided my investment preference info , kindly have a look and please give ur valuable suggestions.

Reason : cap investment
    Price : 10 - 15L
    Tenure : >5 years
    Preferred location : Chennai south , but open for other locations also.
    Approval : dtcp/cmda

Looking forward for your suggestions..

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Buying Residential in Chennai South

Hi Experts,

After all the flooding situations in chennai. If, I would like to buy land for residential purpose.

Please share some locations in chennai south ?

With Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Set your eyes on Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road which is going to witness sizeable development in the near future. The road which was unnoticed till 2011-12 boasts of projects by LANCOR /SRIRAM /SIS / CEEDEEYES/ ASWINI / XS REAL etc etc and many more to add soon. Added attraction is Sathya sai Medical college. DTCP approved genuine projects are available thrun the entire stretch for price 600/sqft onwards. ThIs road is surely going to be one of the most happening roads by 2020!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi friends,
    Does any body has an idea about MM nagar lay out, Hanumanthapuram,singaperumal koil,They are selling at RS.900 PSFT.

Did any of the members ever visited the site,or What is the potential for appreciation of this site.it is said the peripheral ring road will pass near this area.if I want to buy, how many years, do I need to stay invested for good tetutns.
    CommentQuote
  • I had visited sites in Singaperumal Koil and Marimalai nagar 2years back. Prices quotes was around the same or was more at that time.

Few things to consider here is the possibility of getting electric supply was a challenge last time when I checked a few sites. I am not sure if things have improved now.

Pure investment is fine but constructing houses will need power for sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    You mean gayathri mahanagar ...
    The idea is to post layouts links and any rough prices your being offered
    Ashok leyland what prices are you getting I'm researching the layout there Are a few plots with issues needs a careful evaluation

Can you share the survey numbers from Ashok Leyland layout, which have legal issues ? Would be good to know for future buyers. !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Karthicks - oragadam belt is a corridor where i have not done much research,
    Currently focusing mostly on Guduvanchery Urapakkam SP Koil MM nagar corridor only
    there are ton of options, frankly im overwhelmed with options, so dont know where to chase.
    Too many value plays that there is no rush at all.
    Gokulapuram sellers are hawking every week calling me in the US to buy their plots.
    Annai Aravind nagar seems to be a good choice but i need to vet it closely as it has some clarifications i need to make
    If the price point in nathanallur is 750 to 1000 then i would say you are better of buying near GST in the areas mentioned above at 800 to 1200 range as the differential is not there.
    IMHO oragadam walajabad around 500 or less else you are better of trying the main corridors

SRaj:
    Last week I came to know that, Annai Aravind nagar layout has some legal issue though local neighborhood. Were you also able to nail out the info when you explore?.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by databasepkd
    Set your eyes on Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road which is going to witness sizeable development in the near future. The road which was unnoticed till 2011-12 boasts of projects by LANCOR /SRIRAM /SIS / CEEDEEYES/ ASWINI / XS REAL etc etc and many more to add soon. Added attraction is Sathya sai Medical college. DTCP approved genuine projects are available thrun the entire stretch for price 600/sqft onwards. ThIs road is surely going to be one of the most happening roads by 2020!

Thought of sharing you all this update, being the resident of this area (Guduvanhery-Madabakkam)!!

Before next 4 to 6 months, if one buys, it will be good price grab, on Guduvanchery - Madambakkam - Adhanur - Padappai - Orathur areas will fetch ROI in next years / or for settlement puposes.

Justification: (Not just analysis, but real tip from a INSIDERs) ,
    residents in these areas keep suffering from the over bridge work delay since 2012. Now the bridge work has been resumed, almost completed, which is expected to be opened soon anytime after the elections. Many of the outsiders doesn't know about the status of the bridge, as everyone, including he residents commute though Urappakkam / padappai / Kattankulathur. Many small scale projects yet to start, as they also wait for getting the bidge access. I don't need to exaggerate this, as the existing land seekers of this area will be very much aware of this.

But not yet yet clear is that, how bigger the road will be widened in future from the overbidge to connect Padappai .. (Through Madambakkam-Neelamangalam-Orathur ).

In fact, many old investors, wait to encash thier plots, soon after the bridge access is released. It is really good area to bet in Balaji Nagar, Adhanur, Ashok Leyland etc.,, with lot of smaller apartments, and individual houses and descent settlements.

Just my opinion. !! Shame on my bad English ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cityhunter
    Can you share the survey numbers from Ashok Leyland layout, which have legal issues ? Would be good to know for future buyers. !

During this trip I saw one ashok Leyland property
    It was on a 40 ft road
    Price around 1500 but I offered 1200
    It had not gone any where
    Another layout cigneswara nagar I have been looking as well
    CommentQuote
    SRaj:

Last week I came to know that, Annai Aravind nagar layout has some legal issue though local neighborhood. Were you also able to nail out the info when you explore?.

Don't know exactly the legal issue but it's a parent doc problem I the layout formation
    Infact there are some good genuine plots right across lancor for some deep discounts
    But I was unable to move because of the general sentiment about the layout
    Very little transactions are happening
    CommentQuote
    Thought of sharing you all this update, being the resident of this area (Guduvanhery-Madabakkam)!!

Before next 4 to 6 months, if one buys, it will be good price grab, on Guduvanchery - Madambakkam - Adhanur - Padappai - Orathur areas will fetch ROI in next years / or for settlement puposes.

Justification: (Not just analysis, but real tip from a INSIDERs) ,

residents in these areas keep suffering from the over bridge work delay since 2012. Now the bridge work has been resumed, almost completed, which is expected to be opened soon anytime after the elections. Many of the outsiders doesn't know about the status of the bridge, as everyone, including he residents commute though Urappakkam / padappai / Kattankulathur. Many small scale projects yet to start, as they also wait for getting the bidge access. I don't need to exaggerate this, as the existing land seekers of this area will be very much aware of this.

But not yet yet clear is that, how bigger the road will be widened in future from the overbidge to connect Padappai .. (Through Madambakkam-Neelamangalam-Orathur ).

In fact, many old investors, wait to encash thier plots, soon after the bridge access is released. It is really good area to bet in Balaji Nagar, Adhanur, Ashok Leyland etc.,, with lot of smaller apartments, and individual houses and descent settlements.

Just my opinion. !! Shame on my bad English ..

I have been bullish in this corridor for about 2 years
    The areas from adhanur factory connecting to ashok Leyland layout will all get prominence after the bridge opens
    This will become a short cut from that part of kancheepuram road to guduvnachery
    It needs just one road and you can avoid going to vandalur
    There are some decent values under 1000rs a sqft here time to mature will be at least 5 years
    Single tar road will make all the change
    CommentQuote
  • There are many several layouts across the road, opposite to Ashok Leyland Layout. Bharathi nagar, pankajam nagar, kamatchi nagar, krishna nagar, says said nagar, gokul nagar, balaji nagat, kamaraj nagar etc. All are DTCP layouts.

I constructed my house in one of these layouts only in 2011. I was the very second person who moved into this complete locality. Since then, it's really a very rapid in terms of settlement. Price increase as i mentioned earlier, keeps virtually piling up inside the people's mind and we wish it will come into reality as well after the bridge opens.

Anyway I am not promoting this locality, . In reality the ashok Leyland layout is very good one. But As it is very vast layout with around 700 plots , it takes time to realize the proper raod between the houses within this layout. I also heard about the legal issue talks only as a rumour. But transactions are still happening internally through the residents of the neighbourhood areas.
    CommentQuote
  • The areas from adhanur factory connecting to ashok Leyland layout will all get prominence after the bridge opens
    This will become a short cut from that part of kancheepuram road to guduvnachery
    It needs just one road and you can avoid going to vandalur

2-3 years back, mirror image opposite of this location on the other side of GST (Guduvancheri-Tiruporrur) was quoting at twice the price. Right after Lancor launch and few other names, that area became a crowded trade and this side was a 'value' trade with several triggers waiting to happen.

This side had so much of connectivity options in future(Padappai, Kattankolathur, Urappakam) which is beginning to unfold slowly.

Investment returns are inversely proportional to the investor interest at the time of buying - happens all the time and rear-view driving is such a difficult behavior to get rid of.
    CommentQuote