Plot investors,

can we do a quick summary of good value layouts / plot prospects under 1000rs a sqft ?
I know the sentiment is not towards buying now in Chennai, but getting a good summary of layouts and cataloging them would help when market is positioned for buying opportunities.

Under 1000rs a sqft --- South Chennai Plots
Read more
141 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In Gayathri Mega Nagar near after the ashok layland layout, is also a nice one with 700 plots I believe . Price is fair I believe. But more new layouts are coming in this area. As you always tell, no need to rush to chase the price.
    CommentQuote
  • True maverick007;,

I still don't want to loose the benefit of having my footprint in the thiruporur-guduvanchery road as well. I am really starving to buy one that area. I hope , I will find one suitable for me, during my summer trip to india this time.
    CommentQuote
  • All the best cityhunter!
    The best part is that if you have time, this road offers lot of options.
    My investment in pandur turned out to be a goldmine.

join the gag! let us celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • what is fair price ?
    CommentQuote
  • Please advice Ashok leyland and Gayatri nagar lay out are same or different
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vssathyas
    Please advice Ashok leyland and Gayatri nagar lay out are same or different

Different refer WM
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks databasepkd

Do you have any comments for kumaran nagar pandur? Quoted from my source as 1300 rs negotiable. Overpriced or?

In Which layout you have invested? Advice me a good pick and fair price.
    CommentQuote
  • I feel investing anywhere in this stretch over 1000 is not going to get u RoR better than bank
    CommentQuote
  • Raj: I don't know any source who has a resale plot in these layouts currently. A.f.i.k with the last transaction finished last month, Negotiable quote started from similar price of ashok Leyland. Interior layouts from the road are quoted lesser by 200rs. The sellers have a justification that this side of the road is more populated compared to Ashok Leyland layout. Each of these plots have 60 to 70 plots and all were old dtcp from 1980s.

The new small builder based apartment projects and independent house through builders are more coming in this year.
    Most of the residents are from Govt sectors, thus making the quite social neighbourhood. (Till now is the case). Future residents we may not be able to judge the same . A bigger vina agar temple has Been built in a 2 ground area inside one if this this layout. The alotted park has been turned into real park with playing equipments in this location, which has not happened a.f.i.k in any of the similar old layouts till now . Either they are abandoned or encroached in most of the old layouts. The social bonding is nicely coming up among these layout residents for mutual growth reason. I believe this will be the same in every community, which has to be.
    CommentQuote
  • Cash need sellers are less in these layout, as most of them are well determined to settle down in this area . If resale plot comes in vicinity, I would recommend to take lead, but of course as Not to rush behind the premium price hike, as always SRAJ001 says.

Raj you are my mentor in handling deals and negotiations. It really works .
    CommentQuote
  • Right now we have asked for a sitting for ashok Leyland direct seller plot asking is 1400 GLv is 850 I feel 1000 or 1100 is at best the highest I would go ... There are no buyers in the market except for a few NRIs locales no one is buying
    CommentQuote
  • Mega Nagar one can hear the quote easily below 700 Rs through broker as my father me mentioned me today. One more layout named doctor's city-adhanur is well laid out. But price (i don't know exact quote) more for this distance. But cash need sellers are lesser.

My relative invested and he is happy for the 30rs/sqft he had invested. But not competitive to the adjacent layouts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Right now we have asked for a sitting for ashok Leyland direct seller plot asking is 1400 GLv is 850 I feel 1000 or 1100 is at best the highest I would go ... There are no buyers in the market except for a few NRIs locales no one is buying

Hey Raj,

Ashok Leyland layouts were be easily bargained , depending on the seller.
    I personally know in many instances that, many sellers were in wexed to get rid of their plots till 2013 and 2014 before the bridge status update due to lack of residents in this layout. Now after the promising status completion in near future, the seller's have their collars up.

Try your your best expertise to bring down the seller to your bid price.

If the plot is nearby the road, take your call. If you want share me Plot# or series through personal message. I can take the reference check for you from the existing resident from this layout. It's my pleasure.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cityhunter
    Thanks databasepkd

Do you have any comments for kumaran nagar pandur? Quoted from my source as 1300 rs negotiable. Overpriced or?

In Which layout you have invested? Advice me a good pick and fair price.

1300 is a bit high for Kumaran Nagar.

My plots are in Alamelumanganagar which is a small layout of around 25 plots.
    CommentQuote
  • Srivari nagar in Singaperumal Koil

Hello experts, I am planning to buy a plot in Srivari Nagar, SP Koil. The plot is close to the Fortune hotel and approx 400 mts from the GST road.

I am trying to find answers for two questions:

1. Will this area be impacted by the Peripheral Ring Road project from Mamallapuram to Ennore? This project intersects NH45 in SP Koil. Based on what I heard, some markings were done in Srivari nagar for construction of the bridge. But for some reasons the project is on hold. Looks like the bridge is also half constructed. Not sure if this half constructed bridge ends near fortune hotel/srivari nagar.

2. What is the cost per sqft in this area?

I will really appreciate if you can share some inputs. Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote