Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Verify an Acquisition of Plots by Highway Government?

Collapse
X
Collapse

How to Verify an Acquisition of Plots by Highway Government?

Last updated: July 1 2014
4 | Posts
2351 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Verify an Acquisition of Plots by Highway Government?

My dad holds a small plot in Vardharajapuram (Tambaram) very close to Kiskintha. It is a vacant land surrounded by similar vacant plots on all 4 sides.

When I inquired about the current valuation of the plot from one of the local brokers he told that my plot has been acquired by one of the government depts. This came as a shocker to me, because we never ever got an intimation or notice from any authorities ever. When we went to inquire more on this at the SRO, as expected they could not give any clear information...however one of the staff members there told that...some of the plots every acquired by the government almost 8-10yrs back and it was by the highways department.

What is surprising for us is that we bought this plot 4-5yrs back and also had the documentation verified by an attorney and also have a EC certificate dating past 20 years before making the purchase.

Since, I'm a newbie I need advice on how to pursue this issue further. How can I verify that the land is really acquired or not? If yes, what are my options and if not, could this just be a rumor by the local broker to get a killer deal?

Appreciate any sort of help/inputs & suggestions.

- kumar

Re : How to Verify an Acquisition of Plots by Highway Government?

A portion of my father property too taken away by Highway dept for ORR Service Road. In my case, we were notified directly by govt.

For your case if the land taken by highways dept for ORR, meet Spl SR for ORR land acquisition in CMDA office with the details of your land and survey no. If your land was acquired by govt for ORR project, they will give you more details.

Since you are saying that govt acquisition happed 8-10 yrs ago and it never mentioned in the EC at the time of buy, i dont think that you land is acquired by govt.

EC will reflect any such info. We recently applied for EC for the affected plot, I remember seeing details reg. govt acquired land portion. Hope this help.
    Last edited March 27 2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

First layout info survey no division sub division no Patta no do you have these info , every thing becomes easy after that

Comment

rsp007 & SRaj001 thanks for your inputs !

Yes I have the Survey/Sub-Div & Patta No (all mentioned in the EC). I'm wondering since Vardharajapuram is not a part of the Chennai Corporation, should I still go the the CMDA office to enquire? If so do you know any specific location & which department?

In btw, any info of the latest price of the land here? I may also consider selling it if I find a good buyer offering a reasonably good price.

Comment

First port of call is VAO, Thasildhar office.

Next Sub registrar office.

Next Special Thasildhar LA for ORR.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X