Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbourhood Development - Builder's Responsibility ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Neighbourhood Development - Builder's Responsibility ?

Last updated: April 16 2014
5 | Posts
933 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbourhood Development - Builder's Responsibility ?

HI All,

I recently purchased a independent house(supposedly a villa, atleast that is what the builder claims) near Padur, OMR, just behind Gateway International School in Padur. The access road to the property is very bad and i understand from the local leader that it is pending approval for new pakka road. From the main road, we have two approach road to the property,one is a 50 feet road and another is 20 feet road. Both these roads are mud roads, with all construction materials scattered all around it. My question, Is the builder responsible for laying the approach road or should we wait for the panchayat to lay road which is not in their agenda until this moment. I am new home owner, you advise on this would help me.

Thank you,
    Madhu

Re : Neighbourhood Development - Builder's Responsibility ?

Builder is responsible to develop the infrastructure within their boundary limit. The approach leading to the premises will be developed by the local bodies. At best, the builder can play a catalyst role in exerting pressure to the local bodies to develop the approach road.

Comment

Local Pachayath, State Government, Municipality, Metro are responsible for roads and infrastructure. Even if well meaning builder constructs roads, the rowdy panchayat and thugs will come after the builder, eventually destroy the roads etc....these thugs are making money sitting Ina lowly panchayat office milking money in the form of bribe. You pay various registration charges, infra development charge, on top do useless sales & service tax for the corrupt Central Government for fixing roads and infrastructure. Builder and owner cannot construct roads.

But corrupt panchayat, government official always blame the builder.

Comment

When many builders fail to develop infra inside the project as per written agreement,it will be too much to expect development outisde society premises.
        It is clearly the baby of Panchayat.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, it really helps. I have another query

I recently purchased a independent newly constructed villa(atleast thats what the builder calls), the Land Value is Rs.25,20,000/- and the construction cost is Rs.48,80,00/- totaling to Rs. 74,00,000/-(Seventy Four Lakhs). We got loan from LIC for Rs.59,20,00/- and rest is paid by us as Cheque. Is there a new regulation that the buyer should pay TDS of 1% of the total value of the property and produce the TDS certificate to the builder/seller. LIC has not released Rs.74,000/- from the total loan amount saying that if we produce the TDS certificate they will release the amount. I am not sure about this rule, please provide your expert advise on this.

Thank you very much.

Madhu

Comment

Buyer has to deduct 1% TDS from sller as your transaction exceeds 50 Lakhs.
            there are many threads in this forum regarding 1% TDS.
            Kindly refer them for help and then act .

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X