Hi Guys,

I am looking for an resale apartment around Velachery. I have come across a "6600 per sqft" quote from a broker for 3 years old apt in Sai Brindavan Gated Community from Real Value. This Gated Community is located in Radha Nagar near Velachery lake.

Also borker is pushing me saying that after election prices may shoot up.
Address: Sai Brindavan Apartments, Kakkan Nagar 2nd Main Rd, Adambakkam, Tamil Nadu 600088
Maps:https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sai+Brindavan+Apartments/@12.9869519,80.2115036,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3a525d8ae9332581:0xb3b95523100007b3

Regards,
Shanker
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by shan2j
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for an resale apartment around Velachery. I have come across a "6600 per sqft" quote from a broker for 3 years old apt in Sai Brindavan Gated Community from Real Value. This Gated Community is located in Radha Nagar near Velachery lake.

Also borker is pushing me saying that after election prices may shoot up.
    Address: Sai Brindavan Apartments, Kakkan Nagar 2nd Main Rd, Adambakkam, Tamil Nadu 600088
    Maps:https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sai+Brindavan+Apartments/@12.9869519,80.2115036,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3a525d8ae9332581:0xb3b95523100007b3

Regards,
    Shanker

Shanker,

The GC and quality of apartment is good. It is close to 7 years old if I am not wrong. I was looking at buying one during 2006 launch but dropped mainly due to 2 factors

1) There is a slum like houses on backside of apartment close to velachery lake.
    2) Thought will be a mosquito breeding ground due to the lake. Not sure if it is really impacted by it.

I feel availability of ground water must be good due to the lake. On one side you can reach brindavan nagar which will take you to upcoming puzhivakkam MRTS and GST road and on the other end you will reach velachery 100 ft road near murugan kalyana mandapam.
    You can also catch kakan bridge road for guindy.

The front gate of the apartment does not have a slum issue and all and the area is good. You may have to take inner road to reach main roads but that is ok IMO as roads are not that narrow.

In another GC around that area constructed at the same time as Sai Brindavan resale happend last year at 6K. Seeing that I do not see sale price to be very higher. Try for some negotiations.

Difficult to comment on price as very few GC in that area and not much resale happens.
    CommentQuote
  • Srivat,

Thanks for your reply Srivat and inputs about connectivity. I am new to Velachery please help me knowing this locality little more about
    Water clogging issues and Traffic in the inner roads connecting both IRR and 100ft roads.

Also broker was telling like after election prices will go high. So if any one could comment on this will be useful.

Regards,
    Shanker
    CommentQuote
    Srivat,

Thanks for your reply Srivat and inputs about connectivity. I am new to Velachery please help me knowing this locality little more about
    Water clogging issues and Traffic in the inner roads connecting both IRR and 100ft roads.

Also broker was telling like after election prices will go high. So if any one could comment on this will be useful.

Regards,
    Shanker

First of all this is Adambakkam and not velachery. Water clogging should not be an issue and it is only local people travelling in inner road so relatively not much traffic.

The flat is not close to any of the main road it is in between brindavan nagar and velachery 100 ft road. I would suggest you drive through the inner road and see your comfortability. Roads are decent, I would not say it as great. Once you hit brindavan nagar IRR access is not a issue.

I dont think election will take the price higher. Broker is hurrying you to close the deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the reply about traffic issue Srivat as you said i will drive around the locality to know better. Thought if anyone living around this locality could give more valuable inputs.

I am planning to buy this only for end use. However whether we can expect good rental from this apartment.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks for the reply about traffic issue Srivat as you said i will drive around the locality to know better. Thought if anyone living around this locality could give more valuable inputs.

I am planning to buy this only for end use. However whether we can expect good rental from this apartment.

Rental in nearby GC - 15K to 17K for 2BHK and 18K to 22K for 3BHK depending on furnishing and size.
    CommentQuote
  • @Shan2j

What is the size of the flat you are considering?

What is the UDS?
    CommentQuote
  • @Sriivat Thanks for your reply.

@Economist: Size is 1015sqft and 537sqft UDS.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys i have come across a resale flat in Ceedeeyes Evergreen Enclave located in Anna Nagar Extension, Velachery.
    Any Idea about Water Clogging issues in this area.

Also if any idea what is the cost we can pay for an 10year old flat of 850sqf.

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • If i remember correctly those area had some water clogging issues 5 years back but not sure now.
    New flats should cost area 7500 to 8000 in that area so 10 year old should be around 6500 to 7000 per sq ft depending upon the apts.
    But good thing it is near Taramani link road and you get everything pretty much.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you chennaidesi. If any of guys come up with good resale please private message me. Thank you.
    CommentQuote
    Thank you chennaidesi. If any of guys come up with good resale please private message me. Thank you.

Are you looking for GC only?. Why dont you try new builder floor apartment if you are ok with that. You may get it around 6500 to 7000 per sqft around nice part of Adambakkam and west velachery.

Only thing is validate the approvals with these before making any investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Good suggestion, I think in Velachery there are more builder floor apartments and in very good locations mostly builder floor is available rather than GC's. In fact the GC's are not very big and only some are bang on main roads the rest are interior.
    CommentQuote
  • As said by chennaidesi definitely size of GC houses are smaller comparing to build floor. So am open to build floor also. Still hunt in progress. Thanks for your support guys.
    CommentQuote