X
Collapse

Chennai Plots adjoining proposed 200ft arterial road from Annanagar to ORR

Last updated: January 28 2019
43 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Chennai Plots adjoining proposed 200ft arterial road from Annanagar to ORR

Good day I'm Aravind staying in Chennai planning to buy a plot in Sai Nagar, Athipet, Ambattur, chennai. Planning to build a home.
    Encumbrance certificate is clear for the land ,patta and Planning permission is there.
    Now the issue is local residents there saying that there is some upcoming ORR project (vavin jn to karunakaracheri truck terminal) for which land will be acquired in near future.

I want to know is there is any such project coming on that area or it is dropped or it is just a rumour.

survey number of the land I am planning to buy is 466,plot F1.

Expecting a prompt feedback on this.

with best regards
    Aravind M

Comment

Hi Aravind m, I too have a plot in Athipat in Chennai new city layout, before buying wanted to check whether there is any issue in the land, then came to know about this Arterial road which connects the Wavin junction and ORR in Karunakaracheri.

According to CMDA information, this road will come, as this is a re-planned one, the original one was 400' road, due to protests, this is now changed to 200' road and the alignment is also changed.

There is a truck terminal on the junction on this road and ORR,

Coming to ur issue, i can see that the proposed arterial road is in vicinity of survey no 446, check it urself - CMDA GIS, MHO is , if you willing to construct, please hold it for few more years, as no one can assure the alignment of this proposed Arterial road, whether it will commense or not etc.

But, your plot price will be multi fold, hope for the best.

Comment

• Aravind m
        Aravind m commented
        Editing a comment
        HI ragaven thank you!!!
        I have recently applied for Patta for the land and I received that with latest survey number. And I have enquired about this in survey section in ambattur zone office they told there is no such things also told if such things are there they wont issue the Patta and also registration is not possible.
        Also update if there is any other development on this project.

So any news on when this arterial road project starts? Is the problem of acquiring the road solved? I am keen in this infrasturcture development as it will provide lot of ease connectivity between areas well apart.
      Also, i would like to know the price of a land in koladi near this arterial road project.
      Last edited January 27 2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hey There, as of now, there isnt any progress on this, its still on papers, there isnt any notifications to the houses which are in the effected Survey nos.
        with the current trend in politics, guess this might further be delayed.

A stable govt is needed to bring in new developments, lets hope and wait..

Comment

What is the latest status of this project, when are they going to start it, which department or Agency can give us complete data.

Comment

CMDA and highways department are the ones to contact, if you can google CMDA ORR or CMDA Ambattur ORR link road, there will be CMDA contacts shared in CMDA webpage. you can contact those engineers directly if needed.

Comment

Hi all any updates on this project. Will maduravoyal elevated road project sanction will create any impact on this 200 ft arterial road project ?

please also find the below link stating that there is alignment changes in this project.
              http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/thrust-to-eastwest-link-of-arterial-roads/article3336832.ece

Comment

• drkathir
                drkathir commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Aravind, could you please share your contact details to discuss. My number is 9444107485. Thank you. Dr Kathiravan. drkathir@yahoo.com
                Last edited January 16 2018, 03:22 PM.

hi Aravind, this is a very old link, actually the initial proposal for this Artery road is for 400' feet road, but due to local residents protest due to impact on their homes, the alignment was changed and also the 400' was reduced to 200' road.

Also this road is not related to the Elevated Tollway. Elevated way is from Port trust till Maduravoyal bypass, whereas this Arterial road is from Maduravoyal bypass till ORR.

Comment

• Aravind m
                Aravind m commented
                Editing a comment
                You are true ragav. But few days back i inquired about this project with the officials in ambattur survey section office, they told they will not issue patta if that proposal is still alive ( I have got patta name transfer very recently). I asked about any de notification is released by government on this project, they don't have any clue on this and told me to meet state highways department to get clear picture. I met officials there they were also not optimistic about the project, Since project starts @wavin junction which is hardly couple of km's away from Chennai- Bangalore highway and also the pillars of the ambattur bridge will be a trouble for road but still government has not denotified its previous notification . And also they are expecting a denotification for this notified project.

Aravind m , thats a good amount of background work ,
              Also, there are a number of projects which are relying on this 200' road, if this is denotified, they would get a big impact.
              1) Artha project in the vicinity of the 200' road in Koladi.
              2) Nova Plots near Artha Project
              3) A very big project by Dugar group, which is opp to the Artha project(on the other side of the proposed 200' road).

And many more are planning up already...
              If this comes up, it will definitely reduce the Heavy vehicle and LMV flow in Padi-Avadi road, that was the original purpose of this proposed road.
              Lets hope for the best
              Last edited June 29 2017, 02:45 PM. Reason: user tag

Comment

Any update on the arterial road planning to buy plot in Ayanambakkam?
                Last edited July 7 2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Aravind m
                  Aravind m commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No progress, still in papers...........
              Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X