Last updated: 1 week ago
264 | Posts
164417 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Construction Rates in Chennai & around

Dear Friends,

For my house construction (G+1), this is the best rate given by one of the Builder, please suggest whether the quoted rates as per the market standards or I need to look for the better deal. My Land is 1200 sq.ft and planning for G + 1 with double car park.

Looking for your valuable advice and suggestions..

a.x09Ground Floor + Car Parking ( 1000 Sq.ft * 1650 Rs) = 1650000/-
    b.x09First Floor + portico + all other Elevation worksx09(1000 sq.ft * 1550 Rs) = 1550000/-
    c.x09Headroom + weathering Course (120 sq.ft * 1000 Rs) =x09120000/-
    d.x09Weathering course over the terrace (900 sq.ft *x09125 Rs) = 112500/-
    e.x09Sumpx09(6000 litres * 15 Rs) =x0990000/-
    f.x09Septic Tank (6000 litres * 12 Rs) = 72000/-
    g.x09Compound Wallx09(150 rft * 1500 Rs) = 225000/-
    h.x09Over Head Tankx09(3000 litres * 15 Rs) =x0945000/-
    i.x09Bore workx09(200 rft * 350 Rs) = 70000/-

Total Cost Of The Projectx094034500/-

Thanks
    Last edited October 1 2016, 03:54 PM.

Re : What are the Construction Rates in Chennai & around

Priya,

ur prices look decent. but get everything mentioned in agreement including tiles, materials and mention there should be no price escalation even if prices increases. Building guys always try to demand as much as possible citing lame reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by santpsoft View Post
      Dear Friends,

For my house construction (G+1), this is the best rate given by one of the Builder, please suggest whether the quoted rates as per the market standards or I need to look for the better deal. My Land is 1200 sq.ft and planning for G + 1 with double car park.

Looking for your valuable advice and suggestions..

a Ground Floor + Car Parking ( 1000 Sq.ft * 1650 Rs) = 1650000/-
      b First Floor + portico + all other Elevation works (1000 sq.ft * 1550 Rs) = 1550000/-
      c Headroom + weathering Course (120 sq.ft * 1000 Rs) = 120000/-
      d Weathering course over the terrace (900 sq.ft * 125 Rs) = 112500/-
      e Sump (6000 litres * 15 Rs) = 90000/-
      f Septic Tank (6000 litres * 12 Rs) = 72000/-
      g Compound Wall (150 rft * 1500 Rs) = 225000/-
      h Over Head Tank (3000 litres * 15 Rs) = 45000/-
      i Bore work (200 rft * 350 Rs) = 70000/-

Total Cost Of The Project 4034500/-

Thanks,

1) Over all total construction(a-z) cost for an ordinary house/apartment shouldn't go above INR 1800/ sq ft
      2) Selecting the genuine contractor or builder is important than seeing the price alone
      Better meet hand full of contractors and compare their price, their mode of operation ect
      (I got random contacts from justdial/yellow page and met few contractor to get an idea)

Regards
      Last edited July 20 2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hi RajaTRKS,

You mentioned the overall cost should not exceed 1800 /sq ft. Just to reconfirm, this should include (Bore, Sump, Compound wall ..)

Also compound wall which was quoted is (150 rft * 1500 Rs). Your thoughts on this..

Thanks
        Last edited January 25 2016, 08:35 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

• glady1900
          glady1900 commented
          Editing a comment
          borewell ,sump Compound wall ,compound Gate Power supply for construction work also should pay additional charges.

Looks like a decent quote with "everything included" also depends on the location too

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown Priya. I myself am planning to construct an Individual House and currently looking around for builders. Can you please share the contact detail of the person you spoke to? What is the name of his company?

Comment

i have constructed my house thru a Max Constructions chennai, but i have given in labour contract they charged me Rs 500 Per sqft full civil work, electric work and plumbing. and they charged me Rs. 4 for Structural drawing and a site engineer will be avalable in my house and take care of all the structural works.i am very much satisfied since i have bought all the materials so need not belive any one and pay the builder as on work progress. weekly once they will give me the required materials so my job is to make sure all the materials avalable for them to work.my house got completed in jan 2014 may be now they might charge little more.not the trend has changed before labor contracts will be dont only by mastries only now even by few builders

Comment

Builder details

Originally posted by shankarbe View Post
              i have constructed my house thru a Max Constructions chennai, but i have given in labour contract they charged me Rs 500 Per sqft full civil work, electric work and plumbing. and they charged me Rs. 4 for Structural drawing and a site engineer will be avalable in my house and take care of all the structural works.i am very much satisfied since i have bought all the materials so need not belive any one and pay the builder as on work progress. weekly once they will give me the required materials so my job is to make sure all the materials avalable for them to work.my house got completed in jan 2014 may be now they might charge little more.not the trend has changed before labor contracts will be dont only by mastries only now even by few builders

Hi shankar can you share the name of the builder and how much you spent for the entire project with sq ft details. It will be more helpful for me to start my project.

Comment

1. Can you please share the builder company name and probably website if they have any.
                2. Any good luxury villa builder in and around Urapakkam area?
                Last edited July 9 2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I have got a quot from max construction now they are charging rs 550 per sqft labor contract which includes civil electrical and plumbing

Comment

• vamsee9619
                    vamsee9619 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi can u please share the details with their contact ... and total cost with sqft
                Tags: None
                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X