Collapse

What are the Construction Rates in Chennai & around

Last updated: May 22 2020
264 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : What are the Construction Rates in Chennai & around

Thanks for your response Franke. For option 2, I was considering demolishing the old 900 sq feet place and rebuild a 900 sq feet place again, but wasn't convinced its a good option as it will take 15+ Lacks approximately 1700 rs per sq. feet.

Are there any structural engineers in this forum or some one who has engaged one, so that I can get some good references?

Can any one help me with this - With an 1905 sq feet plot, what is the allowed area to build an 3 storey flat for each floor?

Comment

4 2BHK flat possible

You can build 4 units (2 BHK) Ground floor parking. first floor two units, second floor two units.

Or 1 unit in ground floor, 2 units in first floor and 1 unit in 2nd floor.

Or You can build a 3BHK in ground floor and two 2BHK in first floor.

Comment

Originally posted by catia.flower View Post
        I am a bit unsure on my current situation and wanted to get some expert thoughts. I have an 3/4 ground with about 900 sq feet house, who's roof is slowly falling apart (27 year old building). I don't plan to stay in this place myself and wanted to see if it would be ,

- prudent ot see if we can fix the roof and rent it as before.
        - or demolish the place and construct a new place
        - or is it possible to give this to a builder to see if we can get some cash and a finished flat, even though the plot is less than a ground.
        - May be I can just build Ground + 3 layers of 1800 sq feet apartments and sell it, rather than renting.

I am open for all thoughts as the roof started falling unexpectedly...
        let me know the location i can give a clear idea of getting benefits from builder by JV

Comment

let me know the location i can give a clear idea of getting benefits from builder by JV

Comment

This is in Ullagaram area (Madipakkam). From what I understand an 900 sq feet house, rents for 12,000 Rs and not sure about 3 BHK rentals. May be its better to build two storeys of two BHK units for maximum rental potential.

I see that some of the quotes mentioned here for about 1650 Rs, but does it also include foundation cost or other costs which are not inhabitated ?

Comment

House construction quote

Hi,
              I am planning to build a house in Tambaram. I have 1200SQ area land and want to build G+1 independent house.
              I have the quote from the builder as below.
              Foundation depth - 6 ft
              steel width - 16 mm thick
              cement - Ultratech
              Bricks - OST bricks
              Sanitary ware - Parryware
              Hall flooring - (Marbonite) 50rs/Sq ft
              Bathroom flooring - Tiles (35/sqft)
              Sump - 50 ltr
              Septic tank - 50 ltr
              Paint - Asian paints
              sand - Seyyar river sand
              Electrical equip - Philips
              Elevation - as requested model

He is charging 1600/SQ ft. Compound wall, electicity and boring will be the extra cost from my end.
              Please let me know the charges are nominal or not. What else i need to check with him apart from this information.

Comment

You may negotiate the rate bit, even in this forum few of the contractors quoted 1500-1550. Flooring, electrical fittings, bathroom fittings are regular spec, not luxurious, so you may have scope for negotiation.

You may get quote from another contractor and make a comparison.

You may visit his previous works, have interaction with his recent clients on delivery, service.

Comment

Can some one shed some light on constructing a house on own without going to a builder. Say, I would like to build a 3600 sqft individual house( G+1) on a 2400 sqft land, for my end use by providing all the materials for construction of my own. I would like to get labours for contract to get the work done. What will be the charges involved for the labours in getting the complete work done.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply sir.

can you please elaborate the below points which u mentioned. I am new this and have less knowledge in construction area. Please guide me.

1. Ask the builder to provide column, beam and slab by design through structural designer,
                    2. check him the cement content used and grade of concrete - ( if he is a engineer he might give you right grade and cement content per cum of concrete )

Comment

Hello sir,

Below are the specification provided by my builder. Please comment about the specification he provided.

1. 6 Feet excavation earthwork. Unhorse rubblewith CM 1:6 for foundation wall.
                      2. RCC work will be done by M 15 (1:2:4) grade of concrete using 20mm granite metal
                      3. RCC for structures will be done with Fe 415 ISI branded
                      4. PCC 1:4:8 using 40mm Granite metal for flooring concrete 4” thick
                      5. Flooring area provided by Marbonite.
                      6. Approved quality of water proofed cement paint 2 coats over 1 coats white cement
                      7. Door frame, windows will be done with Vengai wood and main door will be done with Teak wood
                      8. Electrical cables and switches will be done with ISI standard,
                      9. Cement PPC 53 Grade (Chettinadu (or) Zuari)
                      10. Cables : Finolex(or) Kundan
                      11. Switches : Semi modular ( Philips (or) Legrand )
                      12 . Flooring : Marbonite (Rs.50/sqft)
                      13. Bath wall : Tiles(Rs.35/sqft)
                      14 . Sanitary Fittings : ISI Standard ( Parryware )
                      15. Overhead tank: RCC tank
                      16. Paint : Asian

Builder is quoting 1600/- includes overhead tank and septic tank. Please let me know any other thing need to add in that.

Thanks

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X