X
Collapse

Last updated: November 1 2014
9 | Posts
2939 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two Madambakkam (one near Selaiyur another in Guduvanchery) I am referring to Madambakkam - Selaiyur. This area deserve a separate thread.

This area has very good water, good air, nice developing residential community, connectivity to Camp Road, Medavakkam, Tambaram, OMR. Few good schools, medium super markets, few medium size apartment projects, plenty of builder floor apartments, many individual houses, famous Theenpureswarar, Agathier temples. There are plenty of land available in this area.

The prices per ground around Antony Builders - The Glitters, Sadasiva Nagar are neighborhood (near to Panchayath office water tank) as per property sites shows between 70-90 lacs per ground. Local enquiry gives varied opinion, certain builders says 85-90 lacs, local small brokers says 70 lacs. Road sizes here are 24-30 feet, main road being 40 feet road. Bit confused on the actual market price.

Raj/Eco/Marv/Sept/Others,
    Please share your evaluation and reasonable market rate per ground for this area. I am interested around Antony Builders flats which is in Santha Nagar surrounding few small layouts. This area comes about 1 km plus from Eastern Bypass road. About 1 km from Theenpureswarar temple junction. There is lot of individual and small flats in this area and developed into good residential community. Please post your views on pros and cons, price of this area. Thanks,
    Last edited November 28 2016, 04:30 PM.

Re : Location: Madambakkam - Selaiyur, Chennai

@haojin
    I know some info on this area , not very detailed.
    my relatives all live in Santhi nagar (not santha)
    The location you are referring to is near this coords - 12.896979,80.155449
    I think it would be about 2Km from Eastern bypass road
    Check for ASI near Dhenupureeswarar temple there are some areas that are ASI
    you are also correct that there is a lot of empty land.
    Guess what - i know one of the prominent owners very well, they are Chrompet based property development company - they own 110 acres in this area, can you imagine 110 acres and is planning to launch plots/ development jv with builders / flats etc
    I know this family well, they wont list any thing less than 1C a ground. very greedy.
    Once this developer exits and puts the lands into market this area will get more population growth

Current price is 3000rs to 3500rs per sqft

Comment

Originally posted by SRaj001 View Post
      @haojin
      I know some info on this area , not very detailed.
      my relatives all live in Santhi nagar (not santha)
      The location you are referring to is near this coords - 12.896979,80.155449
      I think it would be about 2Km from Eastern bypass road
      Check for ASI near Dhenupureeswarar temple there are some areas that are ASI
      you are also correct that there is a lot of empty land.
      Guess what - i know one of the prominent owners very well, they are Chrompet based property development company - they own 110 acres in this area, can you imagine 110 acres and is planning to launch plots/ development jv with builders / flats etc
      I know this family well, they wont list any thing less than 1C a ground. very greedy.
      Once this developer exits and puts the lands into market this area will get more population growth

Current price is 3000rs to 3500rs per sqft
      Thanks. Already many ad for this area quotes about 4000 per sq ft. 1 c per ground may not long wait.

Comment

Yes a new layout has to be 1c or up there but there are options at 75 to 85 l ground currently

Comment

Originally posted by SRaj001 View Post
          Yes a new layout has to be 1c or up there but there are options at 75 to 85 l ground currently
          The good part of this area is reasonable connectivity, good air, good water, residential community, schools. Already price appreciation is good for pre 2007 investments. Now it good locality for constructing independent house construction for end users.

Comment

@Haojin,

I Visited Mambakam/Selaiyur only couple of time (about 10 months ago)

Camp road was being widened and healthy activities on Camp road to Agaramthen Strech and Mahalakshmi to Medavakkam stretch.

I was quoted around 80Lakhs per ground close to Velachrery Thambaram road.

I also saw a Airforce/Defence employee layout (With nice houses and a big park in the middle) at Mambakkam/Selayiur for 80C.

The area is coming up well and decent arterial roads are being laid.

Apart from that I am not vey familiar with that area.

Comment

Thanks Eco, Raj, Is it right time to sell land in such areas or wait for few more years - in case not in a hurry? Views?

Comment

I would wait for eastern by pass to open but from a price stand point I feel 1c is a bit of a resistance level to break that it would take some time
                All these areas get relatives priced from Tambaram east Tambaram chitlapakkam rajkilpakkam

Comment

I concur with SR.

I notice the price pressures is coming from Medavakkam & Pallikaranai more so than Thambaram.

Comment

Thanks Sraj and Eco for that useful information.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X