Hi all,
I’m looking to buy an old DTCP approved resale plot at Subramaniya bharathipuram on the Ponmar to Navalur road. According to the ASI restricted area mapped at wikimapia, the plot is 310 metres away from the ASI restricted zone. I read that we can construct houses without hassle if the plot is 300 metres away from the ASI restricted zone. Can I believe wikimapia on this? I wanted to confirm with the survey number by directly talking to the ASI office but they are not revealing the details. They want us to submit the written request with the necessary photo-copied documents by the owner himself. Owner is not ready to do such things.
The owner has sub-divided the 1 Ground plot to 2 half grounds. He said he even got the approval for it from the DTCP.I see one villa construction happening in and around the plot and DABC flats is exactly at the opposite side of the plot. Since it is only 4kms from Navalur, I think this area will develop and have better returns and also I can use it for my own purpose later. The overall price comes around 15 lakhs. Shall I go ahead?
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Unless you get the NOC from ASI for the plot, do not proceed. I know a few people who own land (ASI affected pockets) in Zamin Pallavaram , but cannot get any approvals from the local body for construction. Even if you get an NOC, remember that the access from Navalur to your plot has come via Thalambur to Polachery road, which itself might require an NOC from ASI for each road laying/improvement works.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you @cruise_1982.
    It is actually a one ground plot . Two people have bought the plot with each having half ground. He said he didn't get any approval after the sub-division of the plot. And he intends that it is still an approved plot and asks me to check with lawyers.
    I've read that once a DTCP approved plot been sub-divided, it will be changed as un-approved plot and we cannot go for loan or we need to get DTCP approval for the sub-division to make in approved. Is it correct? Please clarify me on this
    Thanks,
    Tamil Mani
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ntamilmani
    Thank you @cruise_1982.
    It is actually a one ground plot . Two people have bought the plot with each having half ground. He said he didn't get any approval after the sub-division of the plot. And he intends that it is still an approved plot and asks me to check with lawyers.
    I've read that once a DTCP approved plot been sub-divided, it will be changed as un-approved plot and we cannot go for loan or we need to get DTCP approval for the sub-division to make in approved. Is it correct? Please clarify me on this
    Thanks,
    Tamil Mani

Yes, once the plot is subdivided, you lose the DTCP approval.
    CommentQuote