Can anyone guide me of investment options in Thalambur which is back side of SIPCOT.

What are the growth prospect of this Area ? The area is filling with apartments from good builders to small time builders. Also at the end there is the mega DABC project. But most of the layouts are still under developed with no basic facilities like Roads, drinking water and drainage. But still I am surprised to see the prices quoted

I inquired about some projects on Thalambur Road

1. Sachidanandapuram Layout - 2400sqft - Rs 55 lakhs on 30 feet Road
2. Sai Layout - 2400sqft - Rs 45 laks on 30 feet road
3. Unitech Greenwood city - Gated community - Rs 60 lakhs per ground
3. Little interiors near Vels Eng College - 1800 sqft 35 lakhs on 24 feet road

I am totally surprised by the rates after visiting the layouts. Its in a very per-development phase but still the prices are sky high

Recently this was discussed in Neeya Naana Program in Vijay TV too.

Neeya Naana 08/26/12 - YouTube
Time: 31:46

Does this area really has scope for development. Are the prices quoted fair? Or the prices are manipulated by RE brokers?
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • As per me, none of the prices quoted nowadays are fair! The pricing depends on various things like Sudden demand in an area, Govt projects , proximity to a high end project and finally the excellent coordination between many promoters who complement each other and create interest in an area! First the promoters test the waters for an area with some price, then when there is a queue of people , they take the price to new levels!

I once travelled thru Thalambur (back side of Sipcot) by starting from Navalur junction all the way to back side of L & T and beyond in evening. This area was infested with mosquitoes, so much that i cudnt drive even with my helmet on! Totally scary place ! DABC is more of Ponmar in the middle of nowhere! IN that area I wud stop till Sithalapakkam as anything beyond is an unknown!

I saw an Ad from hygrevar.com who is currently claiming that they have plots next to Unitech Greenwood in Thalambur for 30-40 L !
    CommentQuote

Hi All,

I see many residential projects; some operational - Arihant Heriloom, Ramaniyam, Jain Meadows and many under construction - KG Earth homes,Oasis,Adroit,Grand Ellora Villas,Casa Grande Villas, KGS spring field (not started). What else I have missed?

I am planning to move to Thalambur by 2016 as I work in OMR.

What do you think about the future development of Thalambur and the issues with it?

I have few questions to Start with

1. Any chance of this area coming under city limits in future?
    2. I initially was told ground water is good. But, off-late I hear from few that lot of private tankers are sucking up the ground water from the area - Any idea about ground water issues?
    3. The road from Navalur junction till Thalambur junction is pretty narrow and bad currently - Though I hear it will be extended up to 30 ft( not sure when). Can this road accommodate the traffic once all the residential projects become operational?
    4. Will residents get free toll pass for the toll plaza near navalur junction?
    5. The Thalambur Junction road (from ottiyambakkam towards siruseri) seems good. I hear it will be extended to 60ft. Is this true?

P.S:
    If these are already discussed; please excuse and point me to the corresponding thread and delete this query.
    CommentQuote
  • Janani Homes worst builder ever

HI all

Please do not buy anything from Janani Homes. I bought the house in Grand Ellora, they said they will complete it by 12 months, but the they took 3 years, they made me to cry...
    They are really suck. The owner is really very bad. The way he talks is really bad. Please be careful. They won't response well once you bought the house especially for NRI.
    I beg you all Please don't buy anything from them. Past 3 years, I suffered a lot, No words to express.

Please buy from reputed company. They won't keep their promise.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone in and around or bought properties in thalambur would like to comment?
    CommentQuote
  • I would be interested in learning more about Thalambur area as well. I recently took a look at CASA Grande ELan project, A family member has booked a villa there. I am trying to find out more about the area/location/builder before they start paying for it, right now the booking fees is refundable.
    CommentQuote
  • Its a good location from OMR access is good, and to my knowledge casa has good track records so for.
    CommentQuote
  • I own a property in Navalur-Thalambur road. This is a GC with less than 60 apartments and so far everything is fine.My apartment is not that far off the main road and hence tenant is perfectly fine and he was looking for an apartment with less flats for ease of maintenance charges.

Paid a recent visit after 2 years and surprised to see the growth of the road linking Thalambur. I heard that they are going to extend the road width to 100 ft eventually and it is speculated that this will happen.

My belief is that this area has real potential to grow and is still developing as of now and this observation is based on the growth in 1km radius since my property is within that range. I think the main thing here is the entry tag and I think you will not feel stressed when bought less than 3400 PSQFT.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thums123
    I own a property in Navalur-Thalambur road. This is a GC with less than 60 apartments and so far everything is fine.My apartment is not that far off the main road and hence tenant is perfectly fine and he was looking for an apartment with less flats for ease of maintenance charges.

Paid a recent visit after 2 years and surprised to see the growth of the road linking Thalambur. I heard that they are going to extend the road width to 100 ft eventually and it is speculated that this will happen.

My belief is that this area has real potential to grow and is still developing as of now and this observation is based on the growth in 1km radius since my property is within that range. I think the main thing here is the entry tag and I think you will not feel stressed when bought less than 3400 PSQFT.

Are you talking about the thalambur main road? or the one that goes through gandhi nagar society to DLF? AFAIK there is no plan to expand either of these roads, even if happens 100 feet seems to be out of question. OMR itself is only 100 feet for most of its stretch
    CommentQuote
  • I meant the rod leading towards Ramiyam Rhythm towards Thalambur.
    CommentQuote
  • Thalambur - Ground water - Advice

I am in pursuit for an Apartment in Thalambur. Upon verifying the water test results i see high levels of TDS (>8000). Can anyone let me know on the impact because of this and it would be really helpful if someone can answer the below questions,

1. Can this water be atleast used for Washing clothes/Vessels without treatment?
    2. What need to be done to reduce TDS levels to make it potable?
    3. Do we need to go for an RO or water softening would do?

I have attached the test results, please provide your valuable suggestions based on which a decision can be made on whether to continue with the project that i have committed.

Thanks,
    Eswar.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote