Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chennai : Is the Proposed Bus Stand at Vandalur Coming Soon?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Chennai : Is the Proposed Bus Stand at Vandalur Coming Soon?

Last updated: February 27 2019
18 | Posts
6434 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai : Is the Proposed Bus Stand at Vandalur Coming Soon?

Hi Friends

One of my friend is telling the new Bus stand will be coming soon Near vandalur. Could you please provide the latest news about that proposal.

Re : Chennai : Is the Proposed Bus Stand at Vandalur Coming Soon?

This could be based on simple logic JJ is back. But Govt might take up only short term projects to show progress as the left term is short.

Comment

I think this Vandalur bus terminal project is stuck in Land Aquisition law technical issue.

The changes made by UPA - Congress gov to Land Aquistion law in 2013 is currently applicable and that is proving to be a headache to this project.

The state government may choose to Aquire land under Modi's ordinance however it may be very complex issue and could blowup as a disaster if Modi's new amended LA bill does not pass the Rajashaba and fail in a Joint session.

Lot of projects are held up all over India due to congress 2013 LA act.

Comment

Hi economist what r the changes done by congress to land bill which is applicable now can u give some details on that

Comment

Land acquisition in India is governed by The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013, Passed by Congress Government in 2013, The Bill became an act 1 January 2014.

Till 2013, land acquisition in India was governed by Land Acquisition Act of 1894.

As per 2013 Congress Act:

Paying 4 times the guideline value is not a problem.

1. 2013 Act (passed by Congress) means PPP projects needs 80% concurrence of land owners.

2. Social impact study must be conducted by appropriate government (not local government)

Obtaining 80% of owners concurrence is never going to happen therefore projects (where LA is required) all over India is in standstill.

Comment

Hi , Could you please let me know the exact loaction for the proposed new Bus Stand. Somebady is saying that could be near to vandalur Railway station. I have searched the location in internet But i could not find out the exact location.

Comment

Originally posted by alkrishnan View Post
              Hi , Could you please let me know the exact loaction for the proposed new Bus Stand. Somebady is saying that could be near to vandalur Railway station. I have searched the location in internet But i could not find out the exact location.
              The correct location will be announced only after the Land Aquisition issue is resolved.

There were some confusion about a year ago on which legislation would cover the Land Aquistion for this project, since they there has been no major movements towards this project.

Once more clarity regarding LA is announced, we can see some notification of LA to land owners at that time we will come to know the exact location.

If the Land owners seek legal remedy, than there could be long delay in commencement of the project.

Comment

Is there no government land available in the stretch TBM to Guduvanchery for the new Bus stand? If there is real intention to construct, can't they pull available land fro government bodies or govt departments?

Marking the place where there is no pool of land available and hyping the place, encouraging trading of land and then after 3-5 years dropping the plan has become trend.

In the last 15-20 years is there any projects that has come up as planned, within it project time plan, within project cost without escalation? Even if there are, we can count it.

Comment

Oh, that is the reason that paper is pro DMK?

Comment

New bus terminus can make Guduvanchery the new gateway to South Chennai

Chennai: Guduvanchery, a fast-growing suburb on GST Road, may replace Tambaram as the gateway to South Chennai with the government planning the establishment of a new mofussil bus terminus for decongesting traffic on the city's outskirts.

Read more at:

New bus terminus can make Guduvanchery the new gateway to South Chennai - Times of India via @timesofindia
                    Last edited April 19 2016, 02:42 AM. Reason: news format

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X