Any Idea on Smartowner Investment?

Last updated: March 22 2019
5 | Posts
1414 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Idea on Smartowner Investment?

Have any one came across smartowner.com where-in investor can acquire at less than launch price and says can exit with reasonable profit?

Kindly share your views.

Re : Any Idea on Smartowner Investment?

I also saw the ad. I feel Anything that assure assured return is for them to make assured income. There is no short cut to make money. However, i do not want to kill your quest, those who have some experience, let them post.

Comment

Why SmartOwner ?

Hi, I work for SmartOwner and I have invested in the latest project as well.

It is my pleasure to let you know that our clients have realised returns averaging around 25% per year in the projects that we have exited so far. Our unique business model allows us to make the most out of having a large client base. Once a project passes our exhaustive due diligence, we offer to sell a large part of the project's inventory for the developer. There is a two-fold benefit for the developer in this. He does not have to turn to banks for funding and his project is driven faster towards completion. This is how we are able to offer our clients prime properties at deep discounts.

We do not provide assured returns or shortcuts; instead, we provide a smart way to make significant profits. Let me take an example of a project that is currently available on smartowner.com. JLL and CBRE have estimated its current market value at Rs. 6,000 per square foot. You can buy it on smartowner.com at Rs. 3,500 per square foot. This means that you have an instant gain of Rs. 2,500 per square foot. Your actual profit will depend on the price when you resell the property, but assuming prices keep pace with inflation, you should be able to sell the property at Rs.7,000 per square foot in a couple of years. Even if prices are stagnant, you make a good return and, in fact, you can make a decent return even if prices were to decline a bit. In other words, the deep discount that you get at the time of your purchase allows you to make superior returns under most scenarios and also acts as a margin of safety to protect you in the event of a downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by smartowner
        We do not provide assured returns or shortcuts; instead, we provide a smart way to make significant profits. Let me take an example of a project that is currently available on smartowner.com. JLL and CBRE have estimated its current market value at Rs. 6,000 per square foot. You can buy it on smartowner.com at Rs. 3,500 per square foot. This means that you have an instant gain of Rs. 2,500 per square foot.
        Smart question to ask is:

Why is the builder whose product being valued by JLL/CBRE so high decides to part with for a significantly low price?

Builder's mission is not to enrich Smart owner's clientele when they could have sold it for more elsewhere. They simply could not and finding a way out. Smart owner is the one who is bailing out and the buyer is getting a distressed asset with out having much clue on the real reason behind the distressed valuation.

JLL/CBRE valuation needs to be taken with a bunch of salt - as these valuations depending on the perspective can huge variations.

Profits, if any, is more likely to be short term gains and the net returns on the notional profit goes down by 30%. This is not something Smart owner can do anything about but that is the structure and exit style of these deals.
        Last edited October 27 2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Moderator's Note:

We've already got a thread running on the same topic. Here goes the link -
          https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...ebsite?t=93309

All of you'll are requested to move your discussion there - you're sure to find more participants on that thread.

We prefer not to have parallel threads running on the same topic as this dilutes the information shared. Feel free to re-post your queries there.
          Let's Talk REAL on IREF

Comment

Hi All, I have bought a site with www.smartowner.com

They told initially that they will raise Escrow account and release fund to builders.

Exit happens in 2yrs and 3 to 6 months is exit clearance time to get money funded back.

It's 2.6 years ended now but they are saying the project hasn't launched bcos of Demonization & RERA and it takes further time.

My allocated manager is not sure when it gets started.

I am not sure how I can file case against it.

Appreciate if someone help me.

I am not disclosing place & name of people as it's confidential

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X