Is it worth to buy a flat which is less than 1000 sq. ft and costs about 1.7 Cr at Indira Nagar, Adyar?

Builder: Navin's Septem
Old No. M1-M5, New No. 38/1, 2nd Avenue,Indra Nagar,Adyar.

I heard real estate is so dull in Chennai and the builders are struggling to complete their projects. Please advice.

Thank you.
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi. The location is good and the property being new seems to be priced inline with market scenario. Old flats of the same size are available in the range of 1.2-1.3 in the locality. The traffic is high and so access might be noisy. But for that, the project seems good in my view.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are fine with resale units, you might get better deals, maybe even a bigger flat with good UDS.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nidhsek
    Is it worth to buy a flat which is less 1000 sq. ft and costs about 1.7c at Indra Nagar, Adyar?

I heard real estate is so dull in Chennai and the builders are struggling to complete their projects. Please advice. Thank you.

As post above states, resales at lower cost will be available in Adyar, albiet with lower/nil extra amenities like club/pool etc. Dont use UDS as a measure to assess value, rather go by the carpet area within the flat that you are getting
    CommentQuote
  • hi

Originally Posted by nidhsek
    Is it worth to buy a flat which is less than 1000 sq. ft and costs about 1.7 Cr at Indira Nagar, Adyar?

I heard real estate is so dull in Chennai and the builders are struggling to complete their projects. Please advice.

Thank you.

I heard , there are flats available in besant nagar , less than 1.5 C in good locality. 1000 sq.ft approx.
    CommentQuote
  • Plenty of resale apartments available in good locations. Browse through classifieds. Vellachery is one of the good option for resale flats, deceloped area with all infra, even if you offer it for rental, you will get decent rentals.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rsrsin
    As post above states, resales at lower cost will be available in Adyar, albiet with lower/nil extra amenities like club/pool etc. Dont use UDS as a measure to assess value, rather go by the carpet area within the flat that you are getting

Hi rsrsin; could you list down some projects with lower costs in that area,.?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Chentiger
    Hi rsrsin; could you list down some projects with lower costs in that area,.?

One will need to recce the localities around Adyar Signal, Besant Nagar Road, Padmanabha nagar, Indira Nagar etc., as there are lot of smaller buildings built on 2-3 grounds. Using a local broker to see flats will also help
    CommentQuote
  • I have heard much bigger apartments near Gopalapuram area went for 1.15 Cr ....Looks like very HIGH IMO!
    CommentQuote
  • Two thirds of Gopalapuram become slum area and due to congested traffic diesel smoke deposit in kitchen in every resident there. The price quoted is very high for that area.
    CommentQuote
  • It looks the price is bit high, but if there is resale you can consider to buy the flat at Indira Nagar, Adyar
    CommentQuote
  • Anybody bought 2BHK or 3BHK Navin's Septem @ Adyar ?. I am looking for review about this project. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • There is this apartment that has come for sale. Prime location in adyar, good locality, more than 950 sq ft, and USD is around 250 sq ft but the apartment building is close to 30 years old. The asking price is 61 lakhs, is it worth it?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote