I am new here and planning to build my new home. I would like to get to know the basics of what should i look for and ask for while doing so.

For starters, i have a 3000 SQFT plot near Camproad.

below are few questions i have

1. I would like to build a Duplex 3 Bhk house with 3 car parking. Apart from these what are the extra requirement ( like, sump, septic tank, compound wall, overhead tank, bore..?)
2. Do we have contract for all activities - Build, plumbing, electric, water, furnishing etc..
3. What is the cost of above - current rates in camproad.
4. Pointers for few builds to get a quote.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,

Yes u have contract for all the activities or there is one other way, turn key project concept
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. do you have any running rates for each of those activities around chennai
    CommentQuote
  • Construction cost will be 1800 to 2000 Rupees per sq.ft for quality construction which includes civil, electrical, plumping works. sump , compound wall and over head tank will be charged extra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by muranav
    I am new here and planning to build my new home. I would like to get to know the basics of what should i look for and ask for while doing so.

For starters, i have a 3000 SQFT plot near Camproad.

below are few questions i have

1. I would like to build a Duplex 3 Bhk house with 3 car parking. Apart from these what are the extra requirement ( like, sump, septic tank, compound wall, overhead tank, bore..?)
    2. Do we have contract for all activities - Build, plumbing, electric, water, furnishing etc..
    3. What is the cost of above - current rates in camproad.
    4. Pointers for few builds to get a quote.

muranav; Yes contract is required for services and all activities and the construction cost on an average may mount upto 2000 rupees per square feet. the requirement of an Over head tank depends on the water supply facility in your area from the local municipal corporaration. Although it is preferred to make facilities for storing water always.
    Septic tanks generally are built in contour areas or where sewage facilities are not provided.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, you can have contract for all activities and it depends on the contractor who charges, it ranges from 1500 to 2000 sq.ft. Even you can buy the material and hand over to the contractor, it cost you less than. You have to get a permission from Municpality to build 3 story building..
    CommentQuote
  • Looking for a quote for 4BHK Ground floor on 1750 Sqft area. please let me know the best rates with detailed break up and rates for plumbing, electric, furnishing.
    CommentQuote