Hi,
I am new to this forum and liked a lot. I recently have gone through various plots from Urappakkam to Potheri. I am going to invest first time in land and my budget is max. 15 L for 1800 sq.ft. I could not find much plots for these budgets but finally found 4 plots..

1. Urappakkam - Sri Gayathri Mega Nagar ( 5.5 KM from Urappakkam Railwaystation)
2. Guduvancheri - Kavanur ( 3.5 Km from Guduvanchery railway station)
3. Potheri - Kavanur (Yes. Two Kavanurs are present) - Sai Baba Nagar (2.9 Km frm Rlwy st)
4. Padappai - Orathur (3 KM from Padappai Church)

Each has pros & cons:

1. Gayathri Mega Nagar :
Pros:
a) close to Adhanur
b) close to Vandalor - Padappai SH (4 KM)
c) Have two side connectivity ( NH & SH)
d) very low rate (650 SQF).
e) 60ft road inside the township.
cons:
a) very less houses.
b) Next to this plot, all are meikaal lands.
c) Near to lake

2. Kavanur (Guduvanchery)
Pros:
a) From GST to till Plot - all are houses.
b) Bus connectivity till Madambakkam.
Cons:
a) All plots are >1800 sqft and not less than 850 INR (beyond my budget)
b) Connectivity from the plot is either by going via Potheri/Madambakkam/Orathur

3. Kavanur (Potheri) - Sai baba Nagar
Pros:
a) 2.8 KM from GST and Near to Kavanur Ration shop
b) on the way to Potheri - Padappai via Orathur road.
c) Surrounded by very beautiful VGN Plots and Canerabank/Indian Bank Quarters. ( Till 2 KM)
d) Plots are fenced well.
Cons:
a) 825 Sq.ft - I feel this is bit high.
b) After 2 km (ie, after VGN Flats), Village is there till 2.5 KM. (I feel this is a disad.)

4. Padappai - Orathur:
Pros:
a) From state highway to till Orathur (4KM) we have good road with bus (running now).
b) Low rate ( 650 SQF)
c) This is the only one road which connect Guduvancheri-Potheri-Kattankulathur etc. So in future, this may the important road.
Cons:
a) Very very less house (almost nil houses) and so purely for investment purpose.
b) As long as Vandalur is set up, growth her is very less( I heard Vandalur project is cancelled and moving to another place in Vandalore and it may take another 7-10 years to set up)

Important Note : All 4 are DTCP approved plots. Nothing is panchayat approved!.

My Goal : I will build a house in another 2 years or expect 100% appreciation in another 6 years (ie end of 2020 - VISION 2020 )

Please Help me.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi, This is Anand, I'm also looking same as of you..hope both are in sync with budget, please let me know your choice so that i'll also come with you....
    CommentQuote
  • Hey Ananth,

In my opionon either Guduvancherri/Potheri is good, as it is closer to GST. Orathur and Urappakkam are purely investment. But once vandalore is set up, the climate may change because orathur and urappakkam are very close to vandalore. It is hardly guess.

Have you searched any plots? My budget is 15 L. Which is good in your opinion?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I'm also looking same as of you..(with same budget), please let me know your choice so that i'll also come with you....

thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cramalingam
    Hi,

I'm also looking same as of you..(with same budget), please let me know your choice so that i'll also come with you....

thanks

Ramalingam,

I feel Guduvanchery is best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajanchennai
    Ramalingam,

Have you finalized any area for the plot? If yes then please provide some inputs on why you choose the same. It will give us better idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Chalkaway
    Originally Posted by rajanchennai
    Ramalingam,

Have you finalized any area for the plot? If yes then please provide some inputs on why you choose the same. It will give us better idea.
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I have intested in Guduvanchery (Kavanur). I bought it for 850 / Sqft and now the land rate around that area is 950/sq.ft. 3 years over :)

Guduvanchery East is getting appreciated faster than Guduvanchery West. If you havent invested anywhere, I would suggest you to invest near Karanaiputhuchery (Urappakkam) or Perumattunallur. these areas are growing very fast.
    CommentQuote
  • my opinion also guduvancherry

New busstand is planned in urappakkam also 2nd airport is planned in mamandur.

hence total development we can see the vandaloor to maraimalainagar stretch.
    CommentQuote