Sort by :
Filter by :
- Originally Posted by Mohan NWe own a 2 BHK apartment of size 707 sq.ft in Chennai which is located in the second floor of the TNHB flats constructed during 1980 and in a developed area which is in Chennai City limits . For security reasons I do not want to disclose the location . We are about 12 owners who want to re construct the flat pulling down the entire building .
1) I want to know what is the permissible set back for the corner plot size of 70' x 130' on a 80 feet wide road and 30 feet side road.
2) Our present owners are senior citizens and retired from the services and many of us are not in a position to pay for the new construction.
3) We do not mind a good promoter to take up the construction of these 12 flats with an additional floor to his advantage by adding just 4 more flats . All the flats have to have equal rights in the UDS i.e for the 16 owners out of which 4 have to be discovered for by the promoter and the cost of the construction for the entire project is to be met. The 2012 guideline rate for this area is Rs 9000 per sq.ft
4) We want to have two blocks of the building with separate stair cases and 6 passenger capacity lifts in each block to be provided for. In addition we would also need two 12,000 liters capacity Sump for storage of drinking water. A stilt plus four floors construction would be needed to cater to the car parking for all the owners .
5) The present owners are to be compensated for the rental income for the period of the construction at Rs15K p.m for 24 months or up-to the period of completion of the building.
6) The flats should have a 1200 sq.ft with 2 BHK minimum area with balcony and the quality of construction has to be of top quality. Ceramic tiles ,Best quality Sanitary ware and Taps . Top quality shutters for doors and windows to be used. Rain water harvesting has to be implemented for the new building and provision for Inverter wiring in all the flats are needed.
7) Is it possible for the promoters to meet our needs and if so his working margins have to be shared so that we believe they are capable of delivering the building following the due procedure.
8) Can the 12- owners of the existing flat retain the Tangedco and Metro water connections for the drinking water and sewer in their names .
9) What is the time frame for the builder and other terms and conditions are also needed to be met by us .
10) If the builder or the forum users have success stories please share the experience with us
Hey Economist; I guess you can help Mohan N; on the above queries on TNHB flats.CommentQuote0Flag
- Yes its possible, there are few builders who can do this based on the area, certain builders will work on only certain area in chennai. if u go with big builders, u have abide by their rules.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by shk007Yes its possible, there are few builders who can do this based on the area, certain builders will work on only certain area in chennai. if u go with big builders, u have abide by their rules.
The point you have mentioned here makes sense. But do you feel it is 100% secured even we do it through certain builders?CommentQuote0Flag
- Should make the agreement / MOU which should be mutually accepted by both the parties and also need to verify a personal check on their previous projectsCommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by shk007Should make the agreement / MOU which should be mutually accepted by both the parties and also need to verify a personal check on their previous projects
Is there a well drafted format for the MOU which gives equal rights to the owner of the land property with an exit clause in case of delay beyond reasonable period say 24 months and the option to complete the same with another contractor or builder ? My next question is about the ISO certified builders who can be relied upon.. Can we look at the audited balance sheet of the builders which can throw some light on the financial strength of the company as another point . In fact we should be permitted to have a solvency certificate from the banker for the value of the new property under construction .CommentQuote0Flag