Friends,

I came across a property in "Pandur Village" 7kms from Guduvanchery on the Guduvanchery-Thiruporur Road. The owner claims that the near by area will develop within 2 years. The price I was quoted for the land is around Rs.350/Sqft.
Not sure how will area react to heavy rain and not sure about the road conditions.

Please advice me if this property is good for investment and also will Guduvanchery be a part of potential areas that grow/develop in recent days?

Appreciate all your inputs.
- BG.
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,
    Guduvanchery is poised for development as one can see. I have no idea about Pandur village... How far is it from the Guduvanchery- Tiruporur road? One good thing about guduvanchery is that lot of middle class population is building individual houses there. One of the main reason is the availability of good water ! 350/- per sq. ft appears to be a reasonable price. Try bargaining for Rs.325/-! Is it a resale property or newly promoted layout ?
    CommentQuote
  • Srinivas,

Thanks for your response.
    Pandur is at the 7th KM from Guduvanchey on the Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road. And this property is a new layout. Trying to negotiate with the owner -- however there are some lands nearby this property where vegetation/cultivation is still going on. So little worried, will this area develop in 2 - 3 years or not?

Thanks,
    -BG
    CommentQuote
  • Pandur

I have purchased one ground land for 40 Rs/sqft in Pandur Village in 2006 and I have been visiting Pandur twice in a year since then. Not much development has taken place in Pandur except one Substation by POWERGRID and a new factory manufacturing auto accessories. There is a rumour that Guduvanchery-Thiruporur road will be widened but nothing has happened so far. Recently PTC buses have started operations in this route but the frequency is not that good. Once Ceedeeyes Chennai Pattinam (7 kms)and Sriram Shankari (4kms) projects are ready for occupation, the investment in Pandur will start yielding results.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • kpsubramani5 months ago
      Hi Kalasivan
      What is the current price in pandur
  • Thanks for the response Kalai.
    Yes, I completely agree with you -- once we see some of the apartments becoming functional in Guduvanchery (like Shriram), we can expect some development in these areas. Moreover I believe all the middle class people will opt to settle down in areas like Guduvanchey which is close to both OMR and to Mahindra WC -- instead of opting an expensive one in OMR.

Thanks,
    - BG
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    7kms from Guduvanchery on the Guduvanchery-Tiruporur road is very much on the higher side.... Is it a near the road... say about 100-150 metres.. You could get plots in Kayarambedu for nearly the same price... Guduvanchery Tiruporur road will develop only after CEEDEEYES chennaipattinam is delivered... and that is a good 2-2.5 years away... Please reconsider... You have to forget ur investment for at least 5 years.
    CommentQuote
  • guduvancherry to tiruporur road

Hi

This is fast developing area... grab the opportunities.. try to buy lands near kayarambedu village or nearer to intimate fashion on this road
    CommentQuote
  • Irrespective of the lack of development activities, the land prices in this road is going up beacause of the future prospects. Over a period of time, this road has to be a main link between GST and OMR and the advantage with the layouts are that most of them are DTCP approved and are abutting/close to the main road. However, kayarambedu will be a better option than Pandur is the prices are same.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Kayarembedu area is looking good and having good future. i have booked one plot at Brindavan Avenue today.

Regards,
    Raja
    CommentQuote
  • plot in kayarambedu

you have done a right thing in investing in a plot in kayarambedu. Vandalur - Kelambakkam were also like this once and its commanding a high premium with the establishment of colleges and developments from OMR side along this stretch. A similar view can be taken on this road too. Govt. has plans to widen and develop the road leading from Guduvancherry upto Thirupporur. This route has lot of potential because you can find houses till intimate fashion, kayarambedu.... proposed shriram shankari will signal development once the project is thru, a little further will lead to chennai pattinam... once occupied the area will buz with activity,...... sai medical college is there on this stretch. ananya and one other big project is launched on this stretch.... wait for a couple of years to see your investments yielding handsome results....patience pays.. JAYASARATHI
    CommentQuote
  • people are started building there own house at Kayarambedu Brindavan Avenue now. as one can see there was no many house at this place last year but now five individual house are coming up at these layout and apart from mine another four house construction will start soon at this place.

This is nice place to live with good water and good air.

As of now people who have there own vehicle will find more convenient on transportation.

Share your thoughts...!!
    CommentQuote
  • ceedeeyes chennai pattinum are giving delivery of 1st phase flats in Jan 2011. It has been divided into 2 phases now . Manager says the demand slipped due to recession now only it is starting again but very slowly. around 921 houses booked.
    thiruporur road looks neat now . guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    that supervisor ramachandran is a big time loser.....he pitches in for the actual supervisor selvaraj from time to time...this guy is harsh and mean, selvaraj is the same but he says things in gentle manner....
    Staff Courtesy at their adayar office and that of the workers at site who take you to show your houses are great. As stated above that supervisors suck...
    Local bus services are increasing...saw 4 buses when i went last week to the site...also in that thiruporur road electicity / lighting can be seen..so night time not much worry when coming this side.
    pending taks include gas connection by bharat gas, seperate sub station for electricity by local officials, sewage plant- all these are external agncies so it is getting delayed.
    a bit of road has been laid inside site. looks good...project coming up slowly but nicely....manager said they will pay 8% or so fine /month for delay :).
    in short .....but this as investment....trust me my father did that 20 yrs ago and now that flat isselling for 80 lacs now...however we dont have to wait that long for this to develop.....also another construction major is developing flats few km from ceedeeyes chennai pattinum towards guduvancherry side.....so that area is bound to develop.....
    enjoy... guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    that supervisor ramachandran is a big time loser.....he pitches in for the actual supervisor selvaraj from time to time...this guy is harsh and mean, selvaraj is the same but he says things in gentle manner....
    Staff Courtesy at their adayar office and that of the workers at site who take you to show your houses are great. As stated above that supervisors suck...
    Local bus services are increasing...saw 4 buses when i went last week to the site...also in that thiruporur road electicity / lighting can be seen..so night time not much worry when coming this side.
    pending taks include gas connection by bharat gas, seperate sub station for electricity by local officials, sewage plant- all these are external agncies so it is getting delayed.
    a bit of road has been laid inside site. looks good...project coming up slowly but nicely....manager said they will pay 8% or so fine /month for delay :).
    in short .....but this as investment....trust me my father did that 20 yrs ago and now that flat isselling for 80 lacs now...however we dont have to wait that long for this to develop.....also another construction major is developing flats few km from ceedeeyes chennai pattinum towards guduvancherry side.....so that area is bound to develop.....
    enjoy... guduvancherry road sucks as usual. went to site just last week during rains.
    enjoy..
    CommentQuote
  • Pandur Village

Dear Friends

I have seen an plot in Pandur village. I would like to know in which VAO jurisdiction does it fall. Is it Kattankulathur or is there a VAO office in Pandur ifself.
    CommentQuote
  • Kayarembedu, thiruporur road

Hi Friends,

I too want to buy land in this area where i can build house after 2 years.

Please let me know how much 1200sqft. cost in Kayarembedu, thiruporur road.

Also please share me the plot seller details

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • I bought a land 3850 sq.ft in Hasthinapuram which is 8km from Guduvanchey in Tiruporur road. paid Rs400 per sq.ft. Hope this is good buy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vmgopi
    I bought a land 3850 sq.ft in Hasthinapuram which is 8km from Guduvanchey in Tiruporur road. paid Rs400 per sq.ft. Hope this is good buy.

Hei vmgopi,
    Congrats for the purchase !!

Would you like to share details of the promoter from whom you bought or was it an individual?

rgds.
    CommentQuote