I am pretty much naive in real estate stuff. As a end user I need some basic guidance on selling my Madurai house and good buy in Chennai.I am expecting my individual house in Madurai will be around 65L.

I need advice on how to go with good buying option in Chennai.

Option 1:
Buy some land near Mambakkam, Sithalapakkam for 25-30L
Buy another 2 BHK apartment near Kolathur or Villivakkam extn for 35-40L

After couple of years sell the apartment and build a house in bought plot.

Option 2

Looking to buy 3 BHK individual house around Kolathur or around Medavakkam/Perumbakkam for 65L

Option 3

Buy a land in any of the above area and try to build it myself

Which option would be better?

Bottom line - I am open for any better suggestions which would benefit me in future. Currently I am residing in a rented house in Chennai. Need to buy 3 BHK house
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by haroon84
    I am pretty much naive in real estate stuff. As a end user I need some basic guidance on selling my Madurai house and good buy in Chennai.I am expecting my individual house in Madurai will be around 65L.

Option 1:

Option 2

Looking to buy 3 BHK individual house around Kolathur or around Medavakkam/Perumbakkam for 65L

Option 3

Bottom line - I am open for any better suggestions which would benefit me in future. Currently I am residing in a rented house in Chennai. Need to buy 3 BHK house

First time investments are always the most difficult ones haroon84; Well, Economist; might be able to help you out. He's been answering such queries in the past.
    CommentQuote
  • As far as possible AVOID Gated Communities or Multi-Storied apartments if possible. At this point, you may choose to get some plots (my recommendation is not to spend more than Rs 300-500 psqft) somewhere in the outskirts as investment and continue to live in rental house. You can negotiate and change location easily with rental option. Once you buy these expensive apartments it becomes huge liability. This is my humble opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Buy a plot and build as per your interest will be good.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by haroon84

Option 1:

Option 2

Option 3

Hey haroon84; It's been more than a month. I just wanted to know if you have found anything to buy. If yes then which option you have finalized?
    CommentQuote