I scouted for investment worthy property in Hyderabad few months ago - for long term. The prices are pretty much hyped over. You can comfortably haggle from 50% of the quoted price.

Every one I have met discouraged me - surprisingly some agents I met too were not very positive either . I myself was not convinced that Hyderabad can carry the 'Metro status' . The infra structure is dilapidated. There is this Telangana nuisance because of which one by one companies are moving out of city. I think it is just a matter of years before Hyd goes back to it's Nizam era sh^t hole. The education infrastructure seems to be pretty fffed up as students loss academic years because of this unrest. Some say many teachers are in the agitation and the academic institutions seem to be pretty ffed up. Same the case with businesses.

My friends who are born and brought up and Hyd are moving out for lack of opportunities. I wonder if Hyd which was giving tough competition to B'lore as IT capital could stand its ground as a city in future.

Also there is a huge huge political and mafia type groups in Hyd who encroach properties left right and center. Most of them are illegal. There are some old pockets of the city where if you can find good resale flat, then it is worth buying - just for end use. There is no hope of investment.

There are instances where same property was sold to more than one person. I was strongly suggested to avoid putting any money for investment in Hyd.
Read more
Reply
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I strongly urge the moderators in this forum to seriously reprimand this guy dubyaskin. He is just trolling the threads here. He's got nothing to contribute to this forum and he just wants to spread false information here.
    CommentQuote
  • I request the admin of IREF to take this chap with ID RisingSun to task who levels unfounded cra$ppy allegations on others for fun despite not having any thing substantial or meaningful to either counter or agree to what others say. Does not look like this chap does come from a civilized society and certainly does not look like he/she has respect for 'freedom of expression'. People like RisingSun are enemies of public forums like this where others share their experiences and ideas.
    CommentQuote
  • I also request IREF admin to remind this chap RisingSun, if he wants to run a real estate advertizement company, he can do so from his kitchen. Also he should be reminded that this is not Telengana or Hyderabad to resort to digital vandalism and abuse.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dubyaskin
    I scouted for investment worthy property in Hyderabad few months ago - for long term. The prices are pretty much hyped over. You can comfortably haggle from 50% of the quoted price.


    You say the prices are over hyped in one post and then you will say that you can easily bargain. Now please tell us forumners which of these statements is true. :bab (59):

    You know what I'm beginning to understand why you are badmouthing the real estate in Hyderabad if you really went out searching for investment. I think you heard that real estate is down in the dumps in Hyderabad and you wanted to make a purchase but after your hunt you realised that prices didn't after all fall as low as you expected. :D

    Every one I have met discouraged me - surprisingly some agents I met too were not very positive either .
    This is the first time I'm hearing that the real estate agents who make money from making you buy/sell at higher prices don't want people to make a transaction.

    I myself was not convinced that Hyderabad can carry the 'Metro status' . The infra structure is dilapidated.
    LoL!! I read in another post of yours that infrastructure around Hyderabad is bad. You should see the look on the faces of the Bangaloreans when they drive on the Outer Ring Road. Hyderabad's IT areas have far better infrastructure than similar areas in Bangalore. Comparisons with Chennai's IT Expressway(is it even a highway? One silly 6 lane city road that is also tolled ) are not even necessary. And Pune's Hinjewadi is a rural area. Sorry for comparing but had to bring in some perspective here.

    There is this Telangana nuisance because of which one by one companies are moving out of city. I think it is just a matter of years before Hyd goes back to it's Nizam era sh^t hole. The education infrastructure seems to be pretty fffed up as students loss academic years because of this unrest. Some say many teachers are in the agitation and the academic institutions seem to be pretty ffed up. Same the case with businesses.
    So now we know where you are coming from... Silly fellow. No matter what you do or write in forums will change the truth about Hyderabad. You are a pathetic loser. In the last year there was only one bandh that was enforced. And that was the Bharat Bandh(For fuel price hike and even this was partial)!!
    Stop trying to care about Hyderabad. Things are settling down very well and it looks like the kind of disruptions in the academic schedule wont happen again. No matter what happen Hyderabad will still send the most number of students to IIT from an individual city.



    My friends who are born and brought up and Hyd are moving out for lack of opportunities. I wonder if Hyd which was giving tough competition to B'lore as IT capital could stand its ground as a city in future.

    Really?? Making up stories are we here? Are they moving because of lack of opportunities or they are moving to Bangalore for higher profiled jobs?

    I know of peopel who have moved back to Hyderabad from Bangalore because they could hardly save any money there because of higher cost of living there. They earn as much salary here and they save so much more here.

    Also there is a huge huge political and mafia type groups in Hyd who encroach properties left right and center. Most of them are illegal. There are some old pockets of the city where if you can find good resale flat, then it is worth buying - just for end use. There is no hope of investment.

    Which city doesn't have political mafia type groups? Hyderabad used to have people like YSR. JC Diwakar Reddy etc. before and if Telangana is formed it will be TRS goons probably. bangalore has it's fair share of KRV actvists. Chennai has the Kazhagams. Pune and Mumbai have their Sainiks. What I don't get is that idiots like you who think YSR/YS Jagan are not mafia but KCR is?

    If you want to live a peaceful life without mafia I suggest you immediately move to US and settle there permanently. Oops sorry some parts of USA too have Mexican and Black groups that act like mafia. And not to mention your kids might have to face the occasional shoot outs. Maybe Germany or UK are better, But I heard that UK are not giving citizenship. Maybe you should think about Nordic countries like Finlan/Switzerland. But try to avoid Norway. They will arrest you if you try to discipline your kids. :bab (59):

    There are instances where same property was sold to more than one person. I was strongly suggested to avoid putting any money for investment in Hyd.


    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities

    Everyone should be careful while getting into any real estate deal. Real estate business specially from unreputed developers has always been very risky in all parts of India. Tell me one place in India where I can sign I deal with my eyes closed and I will buy property there. You can even take a 2% commision for telling me about such cities
    CommentQuote
  • boss RisingSun,

    It is obvious that you are a builder/real estate broker/person with huge stakes in Hyd real estate. I do not want a personal dual

    So , I am sorry that I have written some facts that I gathered from news and consulted people from your city ( including some relatives). The facts are given above and the thread 'investing in hyd'. If you agree, good. If you do not agree, better.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dubyaskin
    boss RisingSun,

    It is obvious that you are a builder/real estate broker/person with huge stakes in Hyd real estate. I do not want a personal dual

    So , I am sorry that I have written some facts that I gathered from news and consulted people from your city ( including some relatives). The facts are given above and the thread 'investing in hyd'. If you agree, good. If you do not agree, better.

    But , please stop being a moron.


    Ok.. For a fact I'm not a builder/real estate broker/person with huge stakes in Hyd. I'm not looking for a personal duel either but you should atleast be able to prove your rants. Thats the least that you should do. I'm not denying that Telangana issue has dented the Hyderabad's image and certainly the real estate market. But calling it a dead horse and talking about jobs beings transferred elsewhere is pushing it too far.

    Peace
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RisingSun
    Ok.. For a fact I'm not a builder/real estate broker/person with huge stakes in Hyd. I'm not looking for a personal duel either but you should atleast be able to prove your rants. Thats the least that you should do. I'm not denying that Telangana issue has dented the Hyderabad's image and certainly the real estate market. But calling it a dead horse and talking about jobs beings transferred elsewhere is pushing it too far.

    Peace


    ------------

    Telangana protest costs 60,000 jobs in one year - Oneindia News
    CommentQuote
  • Does Hyderabad still has IT ?
    -----------------------------

    Does Hyderabad still have IT? - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Volkswagen moves its operations out of Hyderabad

    business.outlookindia.com | Hyderabad Blues
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. Dubyaskin, get ready to eat the humble pie!! you have frigging editorials whose only aim is to show Hyderabad in a bad light. The following are proper news items that show a better picture of whats happening.

    IT/ITES major takers of office space in Hyderabad

    During 2011-2012, the overall office space absorption was 5.4 million sq.ft and the first half of this year saw absorption of about 2.5 million sq.ft.

    During the first half of last year, IT and ITES accounted for about 78 per cent of the 3 million sq.ft with Facebook, Convergys, Cognizant, IBM etc taking up space. However, in first half of this year, IT and ITES has accounted for about 64 per cent of the 2.5 million sq.ft. Key transactions include that of Accenture, AMD and Amazon.


    New Facebook India office goes for refreshing, barrier-free look
    October 19, 2012
    The 66,000 sft office is housed at Mind Space IT park in Madhapur

    Infosys to hire 5,000 people for new Hyderabad campus
    Date: March 7, 2012
    Infosys Limited is planning to double the current strength by recruiting 5,000 people at its 448-acre Pocharam campus here by the end of this calendar year.

    IT sector office space demand in Hyderabad to touch 20 m sq ft
    Novvember 15, 2012

    The information technology sector in Andhra Pradesh continues its growth course, despite the gloomy economic conditions globally.

    An indication of this can be had from the projections that the new office space to be taken up by IT firms is expected to grow 15 per cent this year.

    “The office space by IT firms in Hyderabad is expected to touch 20 million sq ft this year, representing 12 per cent of the country’s office space in the IT sector,” AP Minister for IT Ponnala Lakshmaiah said at the eIndia summit 2012 here.


    Broadridge to double headcount to 3,000
    October 20, 2012

    The company has invested $10 million on a new campus at Hi-Tec City at Madhapur that is expected to house 2,500 in the next 2-3 years.

    “We have about 1,300 people working in our Hyderabad facility now. We are going to double it at the new campus,”


    OpenText Expands in India: Growing Customer Base, Expanded R&D Capacity
    November 4, 2012

    OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), leading provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions, today announced the expansion of its Hyderabad research and development center and the opening of its new Mumbai office to address the company's significant market opportunity in the emerging EIM market and to support its rapidly growing customer base in India, which currently exceeds 300.

    More than 300 employees are currently based in OpenText's 67,000 square foot Hyderabad office. The company is adding more space as it prepares to double the size of its workforce in India over the next few years. The expansion, which will see OpenText occupy a total of nearly 100,000 square feet in Hyderabad, will allow the company to accelerate its EIM strategy and leadership.
    CommentQuote
  • Volkswagen had never planned a plant in Hyderabad. Keep trolling the forums!!!

    Volkwagen was supposed to come up in Vizag, for godsakes. And it was a scam where for a change the politicians of the country got scammmed for a change.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RisingSun
    Mr. Dubyaskin, get ready to eat the humble pie!! you have frigging editorials whose only aim is to show Hyderabad in a bad light. The following are proper news items that show a better picture of whats happening.

    IT/ITES major takers of office space in Hyderabad

    During 2011-2012, the overall office space absorption was 5.4 million sq.ft and the first half of this year saw absorption of about 2.5 million sq.ft.

    During the first half of last year, IT and ITES accounted for about 78 per cent of the 3 million sq.ft with Facebook, Convergys, Cognizant, IBM etc taking up space. However, in first half of this year, IT and ITES has accounted for about 64 per cent of the 2.5 million sq.ft. Key transactions include that of Accenture, AMD and Amazon.


    New Facebook India office goes for refreshing, barrier-free look
    October 19, 2012
    The 66,000 sft office is housed at Mind Space IT park in Madhapur

    Infosys to hire 5,000 people for new Hyderabad campus
    Date: March 7, 2012
    Infosys Limited is planning to double the current strength by recruiting 5,000 people at its 448-acre Pocharam campus here by the end of this calendar year.

    IT sector office space demand in Hyderabad to touch 20 m sq ft
    Novvember 15, 2012



    Broadridge to double headcount to 3,000
    October 20, 2012



    OpenText Expands in India: Growing Customer Base, Expanded R&D Capacity
    November 4, 2012


    ================


    Basically it confirms only one thing.

    That you have a huge stake in real estate.

    I do not see how the above articles are different from 'REAL ESTATE TIMES' supplements of newspapers on Saturday.

    Now, the bigger problem here is , you have collectively branded every single newszine I posted here - BBC , Business world, Hindu , OneIndia and Times of India - all of whom have conspired to show HYD in bad light ? So entire world is against you conspiring to show Hyd in Bad light ?

    So when did get out of mental asylum ?
    CommentQuote
  • Bir sir, As I said. Have fun.

    Advice : Before personally accusing / attacking some one, get your facts right. Do not bring your personal INVESTMENT baggage here. Have an unbiased view and appreciate it, counter it.

    This is not some crappy Telengana agitation for personal name calling.

    Have fun.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dubyaskin
    ================


    Basically it confirms only one thing.

    That you have a huge stake in real estate.

    I do not see how the above articles are different from 'REAL ESTATE TIMES' supplements of newspapers on Saturday.

    Now, the bigger problem here is , you have collectively branded every single newszine I posted here - BBC , Business world, Hindu , OneIndia and Times of India - all of whom have conspired to show HYD in bad light ? So entire world is against you conspiring to show Hyd in Bad light ?

    So when did get out of mental asylum ?


    I have a stake in the progress of my city and some free time at hand.. That reasons good enough to clear some false propaganda against my city. For a point I'm not claiming that real estate is giving splendid returns for all investors.

    When someone is falsly trying to say that my city's jobs are beings taken to other cities I have a right to present the facts. Im not the one trolling here.

    Here are a few excerpts from the articles you have posted:

    Times of India
    It was not for nothing that Facebook decided to make Hyderabad its face in Asia in March 2010 right when the city was in the thick of the T-stir. Even global financial giant JP Morgan , which was rumored to be mulling plans to shelve its global delivery centre in Hyderabad, went ahead to open up the facility earlier this year, so did CA Technologies which expanded its largest global development centre in Hyderabad. ICICI too went full steam ahead with its regional hub that boasts of being one of the largest captive office buildings in the world.

    Despite the many T-hiccups, IT exports from the city have continued to show an increasing trend year -on-year , with the number of jobs too showing an upward trend.

    However, IT industry representatives in the city feel that though the biggies may not beat a hasty retreat because they have a lot at stake here, they will certainly curtail their Hyderabad plans in the future if the uncertainty is prolonged.(My edit: Things are already looking up. Though uncertainity exists. IT industry has been left alone. Something that everyone working in the IT industry will vouch for today)

    The Hindu article

    That said, with the city being more or less peaceful, even taking in stride a bandh call, IT companies in Madhapur, Gachbowli, Banjara Hills, Somajiguda and Begumpet are heaving a sigh of relief. Part of this new-found confidence comes from everyone – government, political leaders and policy makers – acknowledging the key role of the IT sector in shaping city's economy. Any disruption in the functioning of the IT sector would affect investment in the State.

    I'm really not sure about the credibility of OneIndia but those number being talked about are highly inflated and also they are new jobs. Not jobs beings shifted from here to outside as you are claiming. So of those deferred expansions are already taking place. Intelligroup(Now bought by NTT Data is expanding here)


    Now you tell me seriously where these articles that you have posted here are calling out for doomsday scenarios as you are frigging claiming. :bab (45):
    CommentQuote