Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

Collapse
X
Collapse

Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

Last updated: October 4 2013
28 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #11

    #11

    Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

    Volkswagen moves its operations out of Hyderabad

    business.outlookindia.com | Hyderabad Blues

    Comment

    • #12

      #12

      Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

      Mr. Dubyaskin, get ready to eat the humble pie!! you have frigging editorials whose only aim is to show Hyderabad in a bad light. The following are proper news items that show a better picture of whats happening.

      IT/ITES major takers of office space in Hyderabad

      During 2011-2012, the overall office space absorption was 5.4 million sq.ft and the first half of this year saw absorption of about 2.5 million sq.ft.

      During the first half of last year, IT and ITES accounted for about 78 per cent of the 3 million sq.ft with Facebook, Convergys, Cognizant, IBM etc taking up space. However, in first half of this year, IT and ITES has accounted for about 64 per cent of the 2.5 million sq.ft. Key transactions include that of Accenture, AMD and Amazon.


      New Facebook India office goes for refreshing, barrier-free look
      October 19, 2012
      The 66,000 sft office is housed at Mind Space IT park in Madhapur

      Infosys to hire 5,000 people for new Hyderabad campus
      Date: March 7, 2012
      Infosys Limited is planning to double the current strength by recruiting 5,000 people at its 448-acre Pocharam campus here by the end of this calendar year.

      IT sector office space demand in Hyderabad to touch 20 m sq ft
      Novvember 15, 2012

      The information technology sector in Andhra Pradesh continues its growth course, despite the gloomy economic conditions globally.

      An indication of this can be had from the projections that the new office space to be taken up by IT firms is expected to grow 15 per cent this year.

      “The office space by IT firms in Hyderabad is expected to touch 20 million sq ft this year, representing 12 per cent of the country’s office space in the IT sector,” AP Minister for IT Ponnala Lakshmaiah said at the eIndia summit 2012 here.
      Broadridge to double headcount to 3,000
      October 20, 2012

      The company has invested $10 million on a new campus at Hi-Tec City at Madhapur that is expected to house 2,500 in the next 2-3 years.

      “We have about 1,300 people working in our Hyderabad facility now. We are going to double it at the new campus,”
      OpenText Expands in India: Growing Customer Base, Expanded R&D Capacity
      November 4, 2012

      OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), leading provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions, today announced the expansion of its Hyderabad research and development center and the opening of its new Mumbai office to address the company's significant market opportunity in the emerging EIM market and to support its rapidly growing customer base in India, which currently exceeds 300.

      More than 300 employees are currently based in OpenText's 67,000 square foot Hyderabad office. The company is adding more space as it prepares to double the size of its workforce in India over the next few years. The expansion, which will see OpenText occupy a total of nearly 100,000 square feet in Hyderabad, will allow the company to accelerate its EIM strategy and leadership.
      Last edited December 21 2012, 08:33 PM. Reason: BOLD TEXT

      Comment

      • #13

        #13

        Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

        Volkswagen had never planned a plant in Hyderabad. Keep trolling the forums!!!

        Volkwagen was supposed to come up in Vizag, for godsakes. And it was a scam where for a change the politicians of the country got scammmed for a change.
        Last edited December 21 2012, 08:29 PM.

        Comment

        • #14

          #14

          Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

          Originally posted by RisingSun View Post
          Mr. Dubyaskin, get ready to eat the humble pie!! you have frigging editorials whose only aim is to show Hyderabad in a bad light. The following are proper news items that show a better picture of whats happening.

          IT/ITES major takers of office space in Hyderabad

          During 2011-2012, the overall office space absorption was 5.4 million sq.ft and the first half of this year saw absorption of about 2.5 million sq.ft.

          During the first half of last year, IT and ITES accounted for about 78 per cent of the 3 million sq.ft with Facebook, Convergys, Cognizant, IBM etc taking up space. However, in first half of this year, IT and ITES has accounted for about 64 per cent of the 2.5 million sq.ft. Key transactions include that of Accenture, AMD and Amazon.


          New Facebook India office goes for refreshing, barrier-free look
          October 19, 2012
          The 66,000 sft office is housed at Mind Space IT park in Madhapur

          Infosys to hire 5,000 people for new Hyderabad campus
          Date: March 7, 2012
          Infosys Limited is planning to double the current strength by recruiting 5,000 people at its 448-acre Pocharam campus here by the end of this calendar year.

          IT sector office space demand in Hyderabad to touch 20 m sq ft
          Novvember 15, 2012



          Broadridge to double headcount to 3,000
          October 20, 2012



          OpenText Expands in India: Growing Customer Base, Expanded R&D Capacity
          November 4, 2012
          ================


          Basically it confirms only one thing.

          That you have a huge stake in real estate.

          I do not see how the above articles are different from 'REAL ESTATE TIMES' supplements of newspapers on Saturday.

          Now, the bigger problem here is , you have collectively branded every single newszine I posted here - BBC , Business world, Hindu , OneIndia and Times of India - all of whom have conspired to show HYD in bad light ? So entire world is against you conspiring to show Hyd in Bad light ?

          So when did get out of mental asylum ?
          Last edited December 21 2012, 08:33 PM.

          Comment

          • #15

            #15

            Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

            Bir sir, As I said. Have fun.

            Advice : Before personally accusing / attacking some one, get your facts right. Do not bring your personal INVESTMENT baggage here. Have an unbiased view and appreciate it, counter it.

            This is not some crappy Telengana agitation for personal name calling.

            Have fun.

            Comment

            • #16

              #16

              Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

              Originally posted by dubyaskin View Post
              ================


              Basically it confirms only one thing.

              That you have a huge stake in real estate.

              I do not see how the above articles are different from 'REAL ESTATE TIMES' supplements of newspapers on Saturday.

              Now, the bigger problem here is , you have collectively branded every single newszine I posted here - BBC , Business world, Hindu , OneIndia and Times of India - all of whom have conspired to show HYD in bad light ? So entire world is against you conspiring to show Hyd in Bad light ?

              So when did get out of mental asylum ?
              I have a stake in the progress of my city and some free time at hand.. That reasons good enough to clear some false propaganda against my city. For a point I'm not claiming that real estate is giving splendid returns for all investors.

              When someone is falsly trying to say that my city's jobs are beings taken to other cities I have a right to present the facts. Im not the one trolling here.

              Here are a few excerpts from the articles you have posted:

              Times of India
              It was not for nothing that Facebook decided to make Hyderabad its face in Asia in March 2010 right when the city was in the thick of the T-stir. Even global financial giant JP Morgan , which was rumored to be mulling plans to shelve its global delivery centre in Hyderabad, went ahead to open up the facility earlier this year, so did CA Technologies which expanded its largest global development centre in Hyderabad. ICICI too went full steam ahead with its regional hub that boasts of being one of the largest captive office buildings in the world.

              Despite the many T-hiccups, IT exports from the city have continued to show an increasing trend year -on-year , with the number of jobs too showing an upward trend.

              However, IT industry representatives in the city feel that though the biggies may not beat a hasty retreat because they have a lot at stake here, they will certainly curtail their Hyderabad plans in the future if the uncertainty is prolonged.(My edit: Things are already looking up. Though uncertainity exists. IT industry has been left alone. Something that everyone working in the IT industry will vouch for today)

              The Hindu article

              That said, with the city being more or less peaceful, even taking in stride a bandh call, IT companies in Madhapur, Gachbowli, Banjara Hills, Somajiguda and Begumpet are heaving a sigh of relief. Part of this new-found confidence comes from everyone – government, political leaders and policy makers – acknowledging the key role of the IT sector in shaping city's economy. Any disruption in the functioning of the IT sector would affect investment in the State.

              I'm really not sure about the credibility of OneIndia but those number being talked about are highly inflated and also they are new jobs. Not jobs beings shifted from here to outside as you are claiming. So of those deferred expansions are already taking place. Intelligroup(Now bought by NTT Data is expanding here)


              Now you tell me seriously where these articles that you have posted here are calling out for doomsday scenarios as you are frigging claiming.
              Last edited December 21 2012, 08:34 PM.

              Comment

              • #17

                #17

                Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

                I do not see how the above articles are different from 'REAL ESTATE TIMES' supplements of newspapers on Saturday.
                These are news articles that are regularly printed in the Infotech sections of business newspapers.

                Real estate magazines are the ones that hype out a particular location claiming some palce is 5 minutes from a airport, 10 minutes from a future golf course, A new metro line is being planned to come up in 10 years etc., If you cant differentiate that then even the god cant help you.
                Last edited December 21 2012, 08:34 PM.

                Comment

                • #18

                  #18

                  Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

                  Refer to IREF Rules - GENERAL FORUM ETIQUETTE

                  IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times

                  Comment

                  • #19

                    #19

                    Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

                    Hi Dubyskin, and risingsun

                    I can say, you both are correct, but i am giving my personal observations and experiences.

                    Hi rsingsun, i am also big fan of hyd like you. I worked one yr in (IT) hyd and last 5 yrs in chennai. Beleive me, if you ask me which city i like, even in my dreams i vote for Hyd 100 times stronger than chennai. I am not able to like this chennai city even after 5 yrs stay. But one thing boss, whatever our personal interest is, we have to accept truths.

                    Yes, Hyd is not in such a good position, if we speak in bitter way, it is going down (atleast in terms of IT, which was main source for its rise.) I will give u some points to digest it

                    Buses from my town to Hyd/chn,

                    2006 : hyd - 5, chn -2
                    2009 : hyd - 9, chn - 3, during festive season extra buses, hyd - 4-5,chn1-2.
                    2012 : hyd - 6/7, chn - 8,festive season, hyd nardly1/2, chn atleast 4.

                    the flat cost in IT area in chn went up 3000sqft to 8000sqft, hyd i dont know exactly, but not defentiely this much hike. and there are areas in chn, which shoot up 4000 to 12,000 sqft. If you dont beleive me, you can check with u r frnds in chn. I know a buddy from hyd, who sold house in srinagar colony, and bought a house in outskirts here (where no strret lights, drinage) and got very good return and happy with the decision.

                    One of my frnd's bro got married to a girl working in hyd infotech, so he started searching for a job in hyd from bang. he got 1 call after 3 months, but got atleast 10 calls from chn/bang for same time. it is not a rare technology, it is coomon technology only he is working. so finally both moved to chn here and renting a house here.

                    No of andhra messes near to my office in 2006 - 2009 : 1 (Nellore mess)
                    now 2012: 5, 3 nellore, 2 guntur messes.

                    I know lot of telugu ppl bought house by loan here , after trying very hard to asses the hyd position. Now even hyd starts growing, it is very tough to get all the investments back. For a flat cost here in outskirts, u can buy house there in begumpet, with more sqft size.

                    Very simple analysis, just check IT exports from all main cities, u will know we are going to get behind even some north cities. already chennai crossed us.

                    Even i am also sad for this boss, what to do. we have to accept. Still if you dont beleive me, just come to IT area in chn, just wish 10 ppl randomly in telugu, u will get response back in telugu atleast from 4 ppl. i bet you.

                    in 2006, telugu movie used to release in 1 theatre in chennai, now atleast 6 theatres, bare minimum. All these people should have been in hyd, if it was in right track.

                    I am not great fan of any politician, but YSR death sends our state atleast 5 yrs back, if he was there, may be this t-issue would not have aggratvated, even if happened, he would have handled it.

                    My mother asked me atleast dozen times in last 2 yrs, why cant i transfer to hyd or bang. She stays in andhra , in my native town, but still she doesnot like chennai as my stay. But even if i try, i am not sure i can get same job like this, with good growth in hyd. Anyway, i am going back to US soon.

                    I accept hyd is growing , but in very slow pace.

                    When a batsmen scores 20 in 20 balls, it is good score, but if other side batsmen scores 100 in the same 20 balls, no body appreciates this batsmen. may be say, good support. thats it. Where as hyd is scroing only 10 out of 20 balls in IT growth.

                    But i am praying god, atleast now this issue gets resolved. I like even if they give t'gana, at end of day, i am a indian and can stay any city in the country. Like many telugu ppl here , i dont want my kids go to school and learn tamil instaed of my mother tounge (Ofcourse kids in hyd itself talking only in english because of their parents).

                    I dont want pay tax to other state, keeping aside my state which gave me free education in my town govt school.

                    Comment

                    • #20

                      #20

                      Re : Hyderabad Real Estate Is Pretty Much A Dead Horse

                      Originally posted by srk0447 View Post
                      Hi Dubyskin, and risingsun

                      I can say, you both are correct, but i am giving my personal observations and experiences.

                      Hi rsingsun, i am also big fan of hyd like you. I worked one yr in (IT) hyd and last 5 yrs in chennai. Beleive me, if you ask me which city i like, even in my dreams i vote for Hyd 100 times stronger than chennai. I am not able to like this chennai city even after 5 yrs stay. But one thing boss, whatever our personal interest is, we have to accept truths.

                      Yes, Hyd is not in such a good position, if we speak in bitter way, it is going down (atleast in terms of IT, which was main source for its rise.) I will give u some points to digest it

                      Buses from my town to Hyd/chn,

                      2006 : hyd - 5, chn -2
                      2009 : hyd - 9, chn - 3, during festive season extra buses, hyd - 4-5,chn1-2.
                      2012 : hyd - 6/7, chn - 8,festive season, hyd nardly1/2, chn atleast 4.

                      the flat cost in IT area in chn went up 3000sqft to 8000sqft, hyd i dont know exactly, but not defentiely this much hike. and there are areas in chn, which shoot up 4000 to 12,000 sqft. If you dont beleive me, you can check with u r frnds in chn. I know a buddy from hyd, who sold house in srinagar colony, and bought a house in outskirts here (where no strret lights, drinage) and got very good return and happy with the decision.

                      One of my frnd's bro got married to a girl working in hyd infotech, so he started searching for a job in hyd from bang. he got 1 call after 3 months, but got atleast 10 calls from chn/bang for same time. it is not a rare technology, it is coomon technology only he is working. so finally both moved to chn here and renting a house here.

                      No of andhra messes near to my office in 2006 - 2009 : 1 (Nellore mess)
                      now 2012: 5, 3 nellore, 2 guntur messes.

                      I know lot of telugu ppl bought house by loan here , after trying very hard to asses the hyd position. Now even hyd starts growing, it is very tough to get all the investments back. For a flat cost here in outskirts, u can buy house there in begumpet, with more sqft size.

                      Very simple analysis, just check IT exports from all main cities, u will know we are going to get behind even some north cities. already chennai crossed us.

                      Even i am also sad for this boss, what to do. we have to accept. Still if you dont beleive me, just come to IT area in chn, just wish 10 ppl randomly in telugu, u will get response back in telugu atleast from 4 ppl. i bet you.

                      in 2006, telugu movie used to release in 1 theatre in chennai, now atleast 6 theatres, bare minimum. All these people should have been in hyd, if it was in right track.

                      I am not great fan of any politician, but YSR death sends our state atleast 5 yrs back, if he was there, may be this t-issue would not have aggratvated, even if happened, he would have handled it.

                      My mother asked me atleast dozen times in last 2 yrs, why cant i transfer to hyd or bang. She stays in andhra , in my native town, but still she doesnot like chennai as my stay. But even if i try, i am not sure i can get same job like this, with good growth in hyd. Anyway, i am going back to US soon.

                      I accept hyd is growing , but in very slow pace.

                      When a batsmen scores 20 in 20 balls, it is good score, but if other side batsmen scores 100 in the same 20 balls, no body appreciates this batsmen. may be say, good support. thats it. Where as hyd is scroing only 10 out of 20 balls in IT growth.

                      But i am praying god, atleast now this issue gets resolved. I like even if they give t'gana, at end of day, i am a indian and can stay any city in the country. Like many telugu ppl here , i dont want my kids go to school and learn tamil instaed of my mother tounge (Ofcourse kids in hyd itself talking only in english because of their parents).

                      I dont want pay tax to other state, keeping aside my state which gave me free education in my town govt school.
                      ------------

                      Am sorry. It is long. Boring and makes no sense. I guess you have tried some thing and got drifted away.

                      I am not a big fan of any city in general. Its just that I tend to compare the EARNING of a person with the price he/she pays in real estate.

                      Indian IT engineer QUALITY is not very famous world over. They come in 100s but productivity is less than 50%. From Hyd there are tons. But again , I request you to take it with a pinch of salt

                      But this is not a question of IT industry. It is a question of how much a person earns and how much he/she has to shell for a house. Simple math.

                      Suppose you are a SAP architect earning 30 lacs / annum . Your official take home would be 21 lacs. Minus expenses savings would be close to 10 lacs. And mind you, you reached this stage when you are 40. Now, considering that, are you ready to shell out 10 years savings to buy a 3 BHK ?

                      And howmany people in this country are IT professional, SAP architects, earning 30 lacs ?

                      And howmany so called 'PROPERTIES' are there which are close to 1 crore INR ?

                      And will you go invest your money in CHATTISGARH OR ORISSA ? The way outside world looks at Andhra is like they look at Kashmir and Odisha ( naxals). This is the truth.
                      Last edited December 31 2012, 02:54 PM.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X