Last updated: November 14 2011
2 | Posts
8760 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of Attorney Properties Vs Freehold Properties

Hi,

I am planning to buy a property in Chanda Nagar, Hyderabad. I saw in the builder ads that almost all property in this area is under "Ownership: Power of Attorney." How does this affect my legal rights as a buyer and owner of a flat in such a property. Are there any risks involved? I also saw some ads in the same area with "Owneship: Freehold." Someone please shed some light on this..

Thanks in advance,
    Prabhash Singh

Re : Power of Attorney Properties Vs Freehold Properties

If someone is having the 'power of attorney', it means he is having the authorization to represent or act on another's behalf in private affairs, business, or some other legal matter. If you want to buy a property in Chanda Nagar, then you should get the power of attorney from the seller, so that you can manage your property according to your own wish.

Comment

Re : Power of Attorney Properties Vs Freehold Properties

As per my knowledge Freehold Property means a property which is in the absolute ownership of a person i.e. the person has right to possess, right to enjoy and right to dispose of the property. Whereas Power of Attorney A power of attorney is authorisation to act on another person’s behalf and in their name in a legal or business matter.
      www.**************

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X