The project inside looks much better than the other similar projects.

Location is not good, unless some major road comes up in near future. Seems to be too congested, however, considering the gentry and general Kolkata projects, not that bad.

Price quoted is quite realistic for that area. There will be decent appreciation in case you are pure investor. The area will appreciate significantly in case the proposed IT Park comes between the project site and AA2.

For end use, it depends on your taste and budget. ... personally to me, the proposition is far better than projects coming in Barsat or Sodepur in similar price range. In case your budget is flexible then look at proper Rajarhat instead.

More details about the project is here

Properties : Rameswara Waterview, Kolkata Residential Property Buy - 4walls Apartment Flat House

Location is here

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have recently bought a flat at Rameswara Waterview. Found the project prospect to be good and interesting.
    CommentQuote
  • re:

Dear ondabhai:

Would you say this project is a a good investment option compared to other projects in Rajarhat/New town?

Also, from investment appreciation angle, dont you think a commercial space can yield better returns than a residential one like Rameshwar waterview.

Your valued advice is required
    Thanks_
    _mayekar
    CommentQuote
  • Historically proper Rajarhat projects has not appreciated much due to very very slow infra development. Those unfortunate people already got possessions there are suffering from absence of even the basic items like electricity and water... forget about safety after day light. In one word that place is not LIVABLE now and will not be livable in next 2-3 years atleast ( discount some of the small pockets). Many projects started at 2600-2700 psf and still at that same rate.

On the other hand, other not so good areas but with some facilities and connectivity such as Rajarhat road has appreciated a lot in last few years. From as low as 800 psf to current 2000 psf rate.

So if you are looking for a 2-3 years investment then this Rameswara project will most likely give you 20-30% appreciation, minimally.

If you are looking for much longer term (more than 5 years, probably 10 years), then proper Rajarhat will give you astronomical appreciation ..... a big provided, if atleast 50% of the proposed things happen in next 10 years. Mind that Kolkata does not have many decent residential areas.

Commercial investment in Kolkata is very new and completely unorganised. Unless you have solid contacts and resources, leave that avenue for the time being.

If you are looking for better rate of return in short term, invest in established and high growth areas, specially VIP road (Laketown, Bangur, DD Park, Baguihati until Airport). These places appreciated so much in last 4/5 years and still has much potential. You will be surprised to know that a flat in stand-alone building without absolutely anything in Laketown costs 3-4K psf, where as a condo unit in rajarhat with everything cost 2.7K psf.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Ghanrondabhai

Hopefully, i will be visiting this project and others in coming 1-2 weeks.

I am invested in commercial space in dalhousie area all given out on rent.

But my search for Commercial space in other parts on city has not been fruitful.

Your advice is useful as always.

_mayekar
    CommentQuote
  • Dear ondabhai:

I have one more query.

In your first post, you say ' in case your budget is flexible, one may look at proper rajarhat instead"

1. Should one approach Rajarhat with a longish view of 5-10 years ONLY?

2.In case, rajarhat appreciates substantially( if and when infra facilities are available), wont a project like Rameshwar Waterside, also get benefits of Rajarhat appreciation.

Am i not hedging myself fin the short run ( 2-3 yrs) and long run through investment in such project like R waterside?

Thanks
    _mayekar
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mayekar
    Dear ondabhai:

I have one more query.

In your first post, you say ' in case your budget is flexible, one may look at proper rajarhat instead"

1. Should one approach Rajarhat with a longish view of 5-10 years ONLY?

<>

2.In case, rajarhat appreciates substantially( if and when infra facilities are available), wont a project like Rameshwar Waterside, also get benefits of Rajarhat appreciation.

<>

Am i not hedging myself fin the short run ( 2-3 yrs) and long run through investment in such project like R waterside?

Thanks
    _mayekar

See the reply in blue
    CommentQuote
  • Visited the site last week

Location: As wqe get off Rajarhat Main road towards Lauhati (vedic Village) , it is about 2-3 km.

salesperson says there is a road being built from DPS new town which will end up somewhere 0.5 km from this site.This will increase connectivity.

prices are as mentioned 2050 + floor rise+ lake view

there is a large pond in center which is chief attraction.

builder is very reputed, no doubt.

investment/living maybe only with futuristic view
    CommentQuote
  • I do not see much rental potential for these outlying properties for the next 4-5 years at least. From a investment objective, I am not convinced that these are good.

I am not seeing this is a bad property, but from a pure-play investment point of view, it will take a longer time to get a return.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi devroop,

Would you please share your experience on Rameswara Waterview as you booked a flat there. I am looking for a flat near rajarhat at reasonable price and your feedback would help me to decide.

If any one else has a view on this then please share the same here.

Thanks,
    Pranta
    CommentQuote
  • @pranta
    I recently booked a flat in rameswara waterview. I was looking for a pond facing but had to settle without it :P
    I found the project better than many nearby ongoing projects. Planned completion date is oct 2014 so I hope by then infrastructure will improve. The large pond in center is definetly the main attraction
    As Mayekar said above, builder is very reputed. "South City" project is from their group.
    CommentQuote
  • In case people are still looking for this as investment option or return of their investment, the current base price is 2350sqft.
    Almost all 3bhk flats are sold out except a few.
    CommentQuote
  • Rameswara waterview

Understand the current price is 2500-2600/- psf; also no availability in Pond facing apartments & builder has not put some blocks on open sale for future increased prices.
    Is this true ? Also is 2500-2600/- a good price with no immediate improvements in that area ? Roads, connectivity & AA3 development incl IT Parks are all futuristic
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cds987
    Understand the current price is 2500-2600/- psf; also no availability in Pond facing apartments & builder has not put some blocks on open sale for future increased prices.
    Is this true ? Also is 2500-2600/- a good price with no immediate improvements in that area ? Roads, connectivity & AA3 development incl IT Parks are all futuristic

This project was launched at 2050 and in 5 months it reached to 2600, so not a bad investment for those early investors.

From here, it may go until 3000-3500 range until RTM but further upside is restricted unless there are sudden development, which is very unlikely in Mamtaraj.
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea on the current price psft for rameswara waterview? Do experts feel it will further increase?
    I heard the completion will be around Jun 2015.
    I am not living in kolkata, how has been the development of rajarhat in general? Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • It's price was 2200 psf in 2011 in 2012

Sent from my SM-T231 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote