I would like to know about new developments/complexes in Newtown/Rajarhat area. There are so many coming up these days it is difficult to keep track.

A couple of weeks back a G+18 complex(Ramkrishna Towers??? Rohra Group??) close to Newtown AA1 bustand was announced. It is technically in Ghuni, but 10 mins-15mins walking distance from the AA1 bustand. Prelaunch rate is about 3600 psft

Like to know about others such upcoming developments.
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Prefer NewTown 6 lane expressway rather Rajarhat Main road.

Two are different thing though closely interchanged for marketing by the agents as Rajarhat New Town.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure about the exact location of this particular project... but if it is Ghuni then definitely not worth 3600 rate. It is exceptionally high.

Ghuni has two big projects .. Sunrise Green (started at 2600) and PS Ixora (started at 2400). The main issue is, both the projects are surrounded by villagers and slums. Approach road is just the kachha canal bank, through those short tempered village people. I can clearly foresee some accident to happen there and villagers attacking those apartments. You know the kind of Aamir and Garib divide is too strong there and clash is going to happen. Validate my words in next 2 years.

There are many projects which are much better located in rajarhat, has much better potential ... for example Sunny fort at 2850, Sunrise Symphony/Highland at 3000 ... which are almost ready.

Sabbhai, Ghuni is on the other side of rajarhat road and practically less developed than Rajarhat road.

Only hope is, if they construct some bridge over the canal and directly join to AA1. ... still surrounded by villagers and slums.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sabyasachi
    Prefer NewTown 6 lane expressway rather Rajarhat Main road.

Sabbhai, let me clarify something

The existing road connecting sector 5 to Haldiram is called Major Arterial Road (MAR). There supposed to be two parallel MARs, currently we have one and the other one half done due to IT Park, CBD never took off.

There is a plan for a new Ring Road to connecting South Bengal to North Bengal, bypassing Kolkata and Rajarhat.... passing from the eastern side of Rajarhat.

There are few plans to connect the proposed bypass road from Rajarhat. One such road is in front of Unitech/Rosedale going towards proposed Infosys site. There is another one starting from MAR in front of Akankha. All these roads are loosely termed as 6 lane expressway by the brokers. Few even call the bypass as 6 lane expressway.

Rajarhat main road is the road starting from MAR at Chinar Park and goes towards Rajarhat village and further towards Haroa.

Hope this add clarity to our understanding.
    CommentQuote
  • 3600 is high...but what is interesting is this is technically in Ghuni but on the New town side of the Canal.
    But slums...yes.
    CommentQuote
  • Attached a map of Rajarhat that I downloaded from another site. This may help.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Don't give too much importance to maps created by builders for their own purpose.

Believe your own eyes. If you can not visit yourself, then trust google/wikimapia for next possible correct information. Mind that Google Map/wikimapia are not up to date, can be 6 months to few years old!!

However, Google Map/wikimapia give a very good understanding and orientation about the area.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (38): 3600 is costly by every standards.
    CommentQuote
  • Possibly..but what is the current rate at Shrachi Greenwood Nest which is .5 km down?

Or the Bengal-DCL project..Friend of mine bought a 3 BHK flat here 1 year back at 55 lacs.

This project is located better than Shrachi and less than .5 km down Bengal DCL project.
    CommentQuote
  • Whats the current rate of New Town area near City Centre 2 -- is it around 4200?
    CommentQuote
  • There is a project supposedly by Space group coming right opposite City Center 2.

I believe the rate is 4200-4500( don't remember exact)

They are taking bookings
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    Don't give too much importance to maps created by builders for their own purpose.

Believe your own eyes. If you can not visit yourself, then trust google/wikimapia for next possible correct information. Mind that Google Map/wikimapia are not up to date, can be 6 months to few years old!!

However, Google Map/wikimapia give a very good understanding and orientation about the area.

Is this expressway still on.. I thought its scrapped long back..
    CommentQuote