Last updated: May 17 2019
2 | Posts
381 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying ground floor of my family house from my uncle

Hi Experts,

I am buying the ground floor of our family house from my uncle as I don't want it to be sold to any third party. First and second floor my sister, mom and I have already inherited after my father's demise.

Questions are:

1. Ground floor property although is legally in my uncle's name but the mutation hasn't been done in the Calcutta Municipal Corporation. Is the mutation first required before the sale?

2. Does this case sound very complicated to hire a broker, or can we just approach a real estate lawyer who could make a sale deed for us and finish the matter quicker?

3. How long the entire process will take, as my time is very limited and I don't live in Calcutta?

4. How much does brokerage cost?

Thanks a lot for your time and attention in advance!

Joy

Re : Buying ground floor of my family house from my uncle

1. Yes you can go for the registered sale deed with your uncle, even though mutation has been not done previously.

2. No, it requires only a real estate lawyer to complete this process.

3. Hardly 15 days for registration of sale deed. and for mutation it may take time as it all depend upon the babus.

4. The brokerage cost depends upon the lawyer you choose.

Comment

Re : Buying ground floor of my family house from my uncle

Something like that interesting for me as well, but I have for now one simple question, are this rules apply only to Kolkata real estate and in other parts of India they are different or they are the same everywhere across our country ? I want to know that in advance.

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X