Folks,

Any idea about the ongoing resale rates for NBCC VIBGYOR Towers in Rajarhat - possession has been given sometime back and people have started living there as well. How is the society coming up & is it amongst the best in the region...

Awaiting your inputs...

R
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any ideas....
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Raja,

I was considering buying in at NBCC a few months back, one of my relatives live there.Now I was considering buying in... until I visited the project. The layout of the flats floorwise is BAD ... and that's an understatement, If you have ever been to a government hostel/dorm .. or have had the fortune of staying in the student hostels of a government funded college, like in my case, an immediate sensory deja vu will hit you.. the corridors are ill lit, ill floored and ill spaced out, the overall construction is quite poor, you get inside and immediately realise its a government project, why, most inhabitants and original allottees have also held some state/central government job at some time .
    The facilities are ill maintained, although I was told that the handover(to the owners' association ) has not been completed, and they have plans ,, but really.. . I would advise you to avoid it at the moment. There are a lot of great projects in the area, I do not know of your budget, but Utsa , Eastern Heights and some others are great complexes, I have visited a few of these and Greenwood Nest and Rohra heights are some UC Projects and look good...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chefvikas
    Hi Raja,

I was considering buying in at NBCC a few months back, one of my relatives live there.Now I was considering buying in... until I visited the project. The layout of the flats floorwise is BAD ... and that's an understatement, If you have ever been to a government hostel/dorm .. or have had the fortune of staying in the student hostels of a government funded college, like in my case, an immediate sensory deja vu will hit you.. the corridors are ill lit, ill floored and ill spaced out, the overall construction is quite poor, you get inside and immediately realise its a government project, why, most inhabitants and original allottees have also held some state/central government job at some time .
    The facilities are ill maintained, although I was told that the handover(to the owners' association ) has not been completed, and they have plans ,, but really.. . I would advise you to avoid it at the moment. There are a lot of great projects in the area, I do not know of your budget, but Utsa , Eastern Heights and some others are great complexes, I have visited a few of these and Greenwood Nest and Rohra heights are some UC Projects and look good...

Agree. The blue colour buildings look like a huge concrete mass. It was never designed to have proper light or air flows. From the MAR itself, it looks poor quality and hence never bothered to go close and see properly. It has signature of Sarkari!!

I wonder why someone will spend 50L for NBBC when much better are available just nearby in similar price range.

Is the maintenance chanrge too low there?
    CommentQuote
  • The maintenance is Rs. 1.50 , Looking at the entrance gates, I do not know what they are spending that upon !!:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chefvikas
    The maintenance is Rs. 1.50 , Looking at the entrance gates, I do not know what they are spending that upon !!:)

I was trying to find some rationale why people buy there?

Location is good but not the best.
    Price is not that attractive
    Quality is poor
    Brand name is poor
    layouts seems poor

Only positive is, ready to move and in somewhat livable area ... but then there are many similar options.

Then why? What am I missing?
    CommentQuote
  • Not missing much,mate.. . See this is a government constructed project and when it was launched, this area was a dump.. which in many ways it still is now...My uncle bought in there riding on the promise of the original Rajarhat, the envy of the silicon valley so to speak,Initially the project was only opened to government employees/ex employees , so was gobbled up in no time, if you try to find out, most original allottees are not from kolkata/bengal , they are from Delhi .... Now when Rajarhat dream went bust, this was the only project which somehow completed in time and actually its a pretty huge project, people started living and resale started.. but actually the flats are not really sought after.. there are numerous on sale with few takers , most inhabitants are retired government officials or rentals.Also in AAI , now there are no upcoming highrises and for people who must, it still is the most affordable of the "gated highrise in AAI" , this is what i think.
    CommentQuote
  • Pricing

Thanks for your views and suggestions..

Any idea of the prevailing price there - is it Rs 4000-4500/ft or less?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi friends,

Any update on resale prices for units like 2BHK, 3BHK or in per sqft?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatk
    Hi friends,

Any update on resale prices for units like 2BHK, 3BHK or in per sqft?

From what I know from some friends who own apartments there, the asking price for resale ones are anything from 4700 psf upwards..

One of my relatives is wanting to buy a 2/3 bhk in Uniworld..
    They saw something in Uniworld Vista and asking price for 1226 sq ft 3 bhk apartments range from 57-60L incl car parking , club membership !! Registration chrgs extra..
    Price there comes to about 4200 approx if u remove car parking / club membership chrgs..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AbhiCCU
    From what I know from some friends who own apartments there, the asking price for resale ones are anything from 4700 psf upwards..

One of my relatives is wanting to buy a 2/3 bhk in Uniworld..
    They saw something in Uniworld Vista and asking price for 1226 sq ft 3 bhk apartments range from 57-60L incl car parking , club membership !! Registration chrgs extra..
    Price there comes to about 4200 approx if u remove car parking / club membership chrgs..

Thanks Abhi, did your friend finally brought it?
    CommentQuote
  • (no intention to hijack the thread :))

Dear Gharondabhai and others,

So far as construction quality(considering ,the white towers are not built in sarkari style) and future prospects(Metro coming up in AA2 and not in AA1??) are concerned, How is shrachi greenwood park extension in AA1?

I am planning for a 2 BHK (in the 34 range) and little confused between NBCC vs shrachi greenwood park extension.

any inputs!!??:)

Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    I was trying to find some rationale why people buy there?

Location is good but not the best.
    Price is not that attractive
    Quality is poor
    Brand name is poor
    layouts seems poor

Only positive is, ready to move and in somewhat livable area ... but then there are many similar options.

Then why? What am I missing?
    CommentQuote
  • VIBGYOR Towers

Any idea of the resale prices these days - brokers are quoting around Rs 4500 / sqft..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

I got a unit in NBCC VIBGYOR TOWER. Anyone interested to buy. It is a 2BHK in front tower.
    CommentQuote
  • Send me a message. I am interested in buying in NBCC.
    CommentQuote