Hi,

could you guys suggest how is kestopur Ghos para area (Chandiberia)??

I am planning to buy a flat in kolkata. But not able to decide the location.
I am looking it somewhere from where Saltlake and Dalhousi will be easily accessible.

What do you suggest about Rajarhat??

If i have to choose between Rajarhat and kestopur which one i should think??

Any Pros and cons about both the place??
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • What is most important in your post is your requirement - staying purpose. And I assume you want a flat for your staying purpose right now.

If that is so, Kestopur will win hands down over Rajarhat. Rajarhat is investment market; if your other choice was New Town, then the equation would have been slightly different. Rajarhat is simply not habitable as of today and it may be likewise for next 5-7 years atleast.

And, surely, you don't seem like the one who could wait for that..

I know Ghosh para is very close to canal that divides Saltlake and 206 Bus stand is nearby... So, basic infrastructure and other things necessary for human habitation are much better...

I had just one point - From Residential purposes, it should be quite good; but you are looking for something - Residential with a Commercial vibrancy attached such that your property value will also increase, then you can double check anything which is slightly closer to VIP road, before you make your deal..

Kestopur will no doubt offer you good connectivity to Dalhousie and ofcourse it a little walk across the canal to reach Saltlake, while for Rajarhat, you would need to come to Saltlake Sector 5 to get anything to the CBD.

This comparision is as of today based on the fact that you need something to stay now; a similar comparision done after 10 years will change the equation though..
    CommentQuote
  • Many people, specially the young IT Professional loves that area.

Personally, I hate that area. It is a over crowded mess. It is a hell for some decent family. You will be unable to take your car in most of the times.

To see the contrast, when you get down at Kestopur on VIP road, instead of going to the right hand side (facing airport side), go towards the left hand side .. go to Prafulla Kanan area and see the difference. If you like, go a bit further and see DD Park area. To me those are decent area to live rather than the market place of Kestopur.

I was once interested in Meena Ganga project there ... but the area is just too crowded and profile of people there may not be considered as decent.

If your budget permits, then look at DD Park, Bangur, Lake Town areas. People will scare you about flooding ... Kolkata is a hell during rainy season, does not matter lake town or Ballygunge .. all are filthy.
    CommentQuote
  • Gharondabhai,
    I second your assessment. Kestopur on VIP road is very crowded ( sometimes with cattle on roads etc). I have never been to other side of VIP ( Prafulla Kanan ) though; so take your word for granted.

However, I had been to this side of VIP where Mr kb1234 is referring to; there are a few areas though, a little interior ( not as far as Ghosh para !!) which are quietish and peaceful but narrow roads though.

Mr kb1234, I believe, you have quite a few pointers to solve your housing puzzle now...
    CommentQuote
  • joydeepr and Gharondabhai,

Thanks for your valuable input!!

My budget is arround 40-45 lacs. So i dont think i will get 3BHK in DD park, Bangur or Lake town area .

Another point i want to make, i was not looking for a redy to move project , i am looking for somthing which can be handover on 2015.

Actually I am looking at "Chitrakut Dhum project" and what they are saying there will be an upcoming connector to Rajarhat. And the place they are refering is kestopur Ghospara although its not exactly , Its 2.5 KM from Ghoshpara. Place called Chandiberia Power House.

And had visited some project in Rajarhat near Derozio college , so what i felt is as of now its true that its not habitable as of today but if i think about another 3-4 yrs that can be a good place to stay as well as for investment purpose (But my first priority must be staying).

What u guys say!!
    CommentQuote
  • I think you can look for some under construction flats in Rajarhat near Derozio college,lots of projects are comming up there like (Ideal,Siddha,Shreshta,Salarpuria,etc).The place is near to VIP Road/CC2 and a 6 Lane road is also under construction. Prices are also quite attractive.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • gharondabhai. aap to ees forum mein bhee vidyamaan hain :)
    Never seen you for sometime in Pune forum.
    Kestopur :) hic hic does that canal have some beverages flowing
    Jokes apart. What are general psf rates in this area.
    CommentQuote
  • Compubhai >> Thanks for remembering me. I stayed in Pune for a short time (just around 6 months) and do not have much idea.... that too every weekends used to runaway to home. Kabhi tapak pada hoga Pune section mein.

And the drain is still there with more and more colors and smells .. and plenty of mosquitoes ... all free!!

Range there is 2200 to 2800 ..

KB>> have you figured out the transport option from the project to nearest reachable place? Visit the place and if you like the surroundings there, it's your call. Anyway it's a residential area.

DD Park rate is roughly around 2400 .. so not much difference though.

Rajarhat Road is more livable at this point compared to Rajarhat AA2 or AA3 .. rate is interestingly almost same.

Having said all those, if you are not a Bangali, many of the areas may not be so friendly. My cousin there had to sell his flat in DD Park as there were quite a bit of differences. Things might have changed in last 5-10 years but Bangur, Lake Town or even Baguihati is better in that aspect.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kb1234
    joydeepr and Gharondabhai,

Thanks for your valuable input!!

My budget is arround 40-45 lacs. So i dont think i will get 3BHK in DD park, Bangur or Lake town area .

Another point i want to make, i was not looking for a redy to move project , i am looking for somthing which can be handover on 2015.

Actually I am looking at "Chitrakut Dhum project" and what they are saying there will be an upcoming connector to Rajarhat. And the place they are refering is kestopur Ghospara although its not exactly , Its 2.5 KM from Ghoshpara. Place called Chandiberia Power House.

And had visited some project in Rajarhat near Derozio college , so what i felt is as of now its true that its not habitable as of today but if i think about another 3-4 yrs that can be a good place to stay as well as for investment purpose (But my first priority must be staying).

What u guys say!!

Now, your requirements have changed a bit, my friend - You want to buy a flat for staying, but not now, but 2015. This means, my assumptions in the previous reply are not correct.

In general, you are looking for UC property. Got it now...

As far as this project is concerned, the proposed connector to Rajarhat is probably not going to be a big differentiator in future as you have an existing connectivity to New Town via Thakdari road.

If you work in New town, then it probably gives you an excellent commute and easy access to work. Their PLC is surprisingly a notch higher - 150/- for south east facing for a base rate of 2600/-.

So, I were you and my work place was New Town or even Sec-V, just because of easy commute to work, I would have bought it thumbs down. In today's hectic life, easy commute to work and that too, for majority of the week - say 6 days of 7, will play a big role in your decision. Just like every good comes with a bad, I can think of couple of bads -

1. Quite far from VIP - so probably no advantages of VIP road and its bustling commercial angle adding value to the property.
    2. No Metro nearby - Rajarhat metro is a bit far
    3. Very less probability of speculator type Investor activity
    4. Layout within site looks extreemly cramped and jostling for space unless you book anything from Block-1.

Bottomline- This is a unique location. Not on a prominent road, but equi-distant from VIP road on one side and Arterial road on other side. So, you got to travel 3 km either way to reach to the nearby prominent road. Traditionally, Investors don't like such places, but are usually good for end-users like you; if you like the nearby location and infrastructure outside the site, go for it. But, can't really think of major price appreciation in future. Investors like prominent names in their address, which makes it a hot cake.

Price appreciation usually happens when there is an expected trigger; I don't see one here. The current price has already accounted everything this place could offer. Your money, you call !!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi kb1234. did you finalized the deal with 'Chitrakut Dham'. I recently visited the project and wanted a review about the area adjacent to Chandiberia Power House. IS it livable for a decent family?
    CommentQuote