Last updated: July 9 2012
9 | Posts
3287 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment Options in Rajarhat, Kolkata

need advice from gharondabhai , Joydeep, sandeep and others

i would like get advice about projects located in Rajarhart area ( Newtown) close to airport.....as a investing or end user point of which projects are good...

How is this " Siddha town" in newtown...How is siddha as builder..you
    guys mention in other thread only AA1 is liviable area. Does siddha town comes in AA1 , AA2 OR AA3 ... i assume all are part of Newtown area.

If Siddha town or pine is not good then which other projects would u advice..we can wait 5 to 6 years before we move in or sell.....

as u know by my question that i don't live in Kolkats...i am writing on behalf of my brother who lives very far from main kalkata area.... he does not have proper intertnet acces...they just went to Newtown area in Rajarhart and very impressed with location and on going projects.....

could u please give me advice / recommendation....his max budget is 25 or 35 L

Thanks for all ur valuable advice....

Re : Investment Options in Rajarhat, Kolkata

People seem to confuse between AA1, AA2, AA3, which are part of New Town Vs Rajarhat Main Road/91 B Bus route.

In that perspective, Siddha Town is not a New Town project and hence doesn't fall under any of the action areas.

It is on 91B Bus route, so technically, a Rajarhat Road project. It appears to be a good project and developer is building a couple of projects within that micro market. It is a livable location as of now to some extent. Arterial road to Xanadu crossing on Rajarhat road connector and further extn to Siddha Town site completion will be a boon to its value.

As you said, your brother found New Town good enough; I think he may have only limited himself to the stretch nearby DLF/Millenium Tower which is AA1. My friend, AA1 is probably beyond reach with 35 lakhs budget.

There are complaints against developer though - Siddha Group Kolkata India Complaints. Builder Complaints, Builders&Real Estate Complaints, Forum Board, Court to Submit, Post Complaint Online Against Companies, Agencies.

My two cents - You may jump into investing into Siddha Town, considering everything you said in your post, specially, you gestation period is 5/6 years.

Comment

There are few other project like Shreshta Garden,Salpuria,Ideal Enclave and Green Height by different builder apart from Siddha.This project is in Rajarhat Main Road and the place is going to be good in near future as CC2 is there , close to Airport and a New Town bus terminal is proposed, 2 MAR are there also. The current rate is around 3100 - 3500. AA1 is around 4700+ and AA2 is 3700+. Currently livable place is AA1 and Rajarhat Main Road.AA1,AA2,AA3 is known as New Town and planned by HIDCO.

Comment

A bit of history.

Before the new town thingi started in 2000, there were few villages called Rajarhat, Gopalpur, etc. There used to be a nice road that connects from Baguihati Jora Mandir to Barasat/Basirhat side. That time, very few people knew that road and overall vehicle population was much lesser, it was a breeze to drive on that road (ofcourse in day time!!)

Then the new town concept came in, as usual, Government things always get caught in controversy and stalled.
        So, people wanted some cheaper and quick alternate. There came all those Rajarhat, Gopalpur, bhatinda projects, commonly branded as Rajarhat Road projects to fool people. Some people refer those as 91 or 211 route projects. There are too many projects there.

The contrast of Rajarhat road projects and Newtown projects are same as Saltlake Vs Keshtopur.

To many people, Keshtopur is a decent livable area and to some people it is a filthy over crowded slum. Nothing wrong or right, it depends on personal choice.

With the new road connecting Rajarhat road to newtown, things are better now.... however, the only two roads now are no way enough to handle the expected traffic there.

In short, it is a village, quickly turned into a town without any improvement in infra. I went there only once and it does not appeal to me.

Comment

I agreed with you gharondabhai, So I will only recommend only the project that came near to this 2 MAR, one should avoid the projects which goes more inside the Rajarhat area if they want to avoid crowd.
          Last edited July 7 2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot Dada's ( gharondabhai , Joydeep, sandeep)

Now i understood the difference between two location. they have multiple projects..

Rajarhart- Shreshta Garden,Salpuria,Ideal Enclave and Green Height

Newtown- DLF/Millenium Tower

My question are-

- how come there are so less projects in Newtown
            - what is meaning of AA1,AA2,AA3,
            - what is meaning of CC2 and 2 MAR

-if you guys have to advice someone to pick or recommend which projects would you guys suggest of above two location... the budget is 25-35 and time is atleast 4 years for possession....it is for investment purpose....

-siddha town is just idea as it has decent price as compare to others....if its not good then we won't even consider it....

please give me ur valuable inputs....

Comment

Originally posted by lko2012 View Post
              Thanks a lot Dada's ( gharondabhai , Joydeep, sandeep)

Now i understood the difference between two location. they have multiple projects..

Rajarhart- Shreshta Garden,Salpuria,Ideal Enclave and Green Height

Newtown- DLF/Millenium Tower

My question are-

- how come there are so less projects in Newtown
              - what is meaning of AA1,AA2,AA3,
              - what is meaning of CC2 and 2 MAR

-if you guys have to advice someone to pick or recommend which projects would you guys suggest of above two location... the budget is 25-35 and time is atleast 4 years for possession....it is for investment purpose....

-siddha town is just idea as it has decent price as compare to others....if its not good then we won't even consider it....

please give me ur valuable inputs....
              AA ( New Town Action Area) 1,2,3
              CC2 is City Center 2 (Mall)
              and MAR is ( Major Arterial Road or Rajarhat Express) on is going towards Airport and other is going toward Barasat(Proposed). Giving recommendation is hard. As I told you before, please go and have a visit in the above projects and see which ever u like.

Comment

There had been quite a few interesting discussions happened in the past. Please refer to those

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...olkata?t=26985

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...olkata?t=21464

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...olkata?t=31134

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...olkata?t=16644

Comment

Originally posted by lko2012 View Post
                  [U]
                  How is this " Siddha town" in newtown...How is siddha as builder..you
                  guys mention in other thread only AA1 is liviable area. Does siddha town comes in AA1 , AA2 OR AA3 ... i assume all are part of Newtown area.
                  Hi Iko2012,
                  We have visited Siddha Sphere, Siddha Town etc. Based on the input from the sales rep, I did a calculation of the overall cost involved. You will get an idea about the money you have to pay while investing in any of the similar big complexes. Accordingly you have to choose the Apartments with cheaper Base price or smaller complex with basic amenities only:

Siddha Sphere price Calculation
                  It shows that for a 1200 sqft flat with Rs 3000/sqft rate the total cost becomes around 42-43 Lacs. I am assuming the amenities will be very similar in all Siddha projects and other similar projects.

Accordingly decide what will fit into your 25-35 Lacs amount. You may look into Standalone Apartments also after researching about that builder's previous projects.

Even I have the similar budget (35 Lacs) constraint and hence, researching for projects that fits into it and considering small complexes with basic amenities only and the standalone apartments.

But, one advice, before you invest, ask one of your friends/relatives to visit the site(if you personally can not do it) at least once to get a feel of the construction and location.

Comment

Thanks a lot sandip , gharanbhai and gautam for ur great inputs...

Gautam.....i will surely ask my brother to go to site before deciding anything ...it won't be possible with me as i live outside india ...thats why i am gathering all the information so i can pass it to him...u said u went to siddha town...how is ur opinion about that ....what is good/bad about that.

i have been reading few threads about rajarhart and see u are in same sitiuation..please let me know what u are deciding as we both have same budget and issue (constrain being nri)...u seems to know more knowledge than me...

thanks a lot everyone ....

Originally posted by gautamr View Post
                    Hi Iko2012,
                    We have visited Siddha Sphere, Siddha Town etc. Based on the input from the sales rep, I did a calculation of the overall cost involved. You will get an idea about the money you have to pay while investing in any of the similar big complexes. Accordingly you have to choose the Apartments with cheaper Base price or smaller complex with basic amenities only:

Siddha Sphere price Calculation
                    It shows that for a 1200 sqft flat with Rs 3000/sqft rate the total cost becomes around 42-43 Lacs. I am assuming the amenities will be very similar in all Siddha projects and other similar projects.

Accordingly decide what will fit into your 25-35 Lacs amount. You may look into Standalone Apartments also after researching about that builder's previous projects.

Even I have the similar budget (35 Lacs) constraint and hence, researching for projects that fits into it and considering small complexes with basic amenities only and the standalone apartments.

But, one advice, before you invest, ask one of your friends/relatives to visit the site(if you personally can not do it) at least once to get a feel of the construction and location.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X