Experts,

Need a quick advice!!

Open Car Parking(Direct) or Covered car parking(Indirect)???

Both same price..
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Pl explain what are your referring to when you say Direct /Indirect? In general, a covered car park will always be better for your car.
    CommentQuote
  • joydeepr,

Direct: Dedicated(Reserved) car parking for you.
    Indirect: You need to go for sharing basis

So what is better option Uncovered reserved car parking specially for you or
    covered car parking but sharing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravi1984
    joydeepr,

Direct: Dedicated(Reserved) car parking for you.
    Indirect: You need to go for sharing basis

So what is better option Uncovered reserved car parking specially for you or
    covered car parking but sharing.

If I were you, I would have gone for one exclusive to myself. Covered or not is the next point to decide. Having it exclusive to you will help to put your apartment on rent as well. Or, even only the car park on rent , may be !!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, Joydeepr.

yes...true
    CommentQuote
  • By the way, legally speaking, selling open car park space is illegal.
    CommentQuote
  • Ghardonbhai,

do we have any option??

because every builder in kolkata sale it(open car parking area)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by joydeepr1
    If I were you, I would have gone for one exclusive to myself. Covered or not is the next point to decide. Having it exclusive to you will help to put your apartment on rent as well. Or, even only the car park on rent , may be !!

Definitely, even i would prefer the same.
    CommentQuote
    Ghardonbhai,

do we have any option??

because every builder in kolkata sale it(open car parking area)

As said by Ghardonbhai.. The supreme court ruled in favor of not to sale an open car park. But what to do, builders still sale on it. If you don't want to pay,take the help of a lawyer or negotiate with the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Is it advisable to buy a parking space on resale for an exisitng 2BHK normal(not luxury) apartment in Madhyamgram?
    Specifically I have the following questions:
    1. Does having a parking space increase the saleability/rentability of an apartment? Or actually goes against it?
    2. Can a open parking lot be legally transferred based on all the questions in this thread and elsewhere in this forum?
    3. I prefer a open lot as it is usually cheaper in price and easier to park, as opposed to a covered lot which have pillars etc. around it and may be quite small. Would love to hear other's opinions.
    4. What needs to be checked in terms of legal paperwork when transferring a parking lot from one registered owner of an apartment to another registered owner? The selling owner usually has the parking lot mentioned in his apartment registration while the buyer would not have it.
    CommentQuote
  • A car park will increase the saleability of the flat even for a normal flat. For rent, it will have no impact. Typically, a car park will attach to a flat, and you can not transfer its ownership independently - though you may rent it separately. You may check with the society /agreement paper.
    CommentQuote
    Experts,

Need a quick advice!!

Open Car Parking(Direct) or Covered car parking(Indirect)???

Both same price..

Always go for direct/ independent car parking. Indirect car parking will mean that you will be dependent on somebody else to take out your car. Imagine a situation when you have to leave for office urgently and you find out that the person with whom you are sharing the parking is not in town. You will be stuck! In the long run direct/ independent car parking will help in resell also.
    CommentQuote