Sanjeeva Orchard by NK Realtors in Rajarhat, Kolkata

Last updated: October 7 2020
139 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Sanjeeva Orchard by NK Realtors in Rajarhat, Kolkata

Originally posted by joydeepr1 View Post

At this moment, I don't feel anyone will be comfortable beyond a 3500/- psft budget within any location in kolkata. My learned friends in IT tell me that job market is not at all stable - in general and in Kolkata. Onsite opportunities will only dry up from here, so you will see a salary stabilization come into effect. Also, IT guys typically start looking for their first homes around 6 years of experience and at that salary level with no quick money in the form of onsite visits in prospect, anything above 3500/- is actually beyond's one's reach.
    IMHO, folks may not be comfortable paying a price of more than Rs 3.5k psf but if we speak about Kolkata in general, I dont know of many decent locations where we can get anything for 3.5k psf..
    from what i understand from friends etc, any decent locality / project in Kolkata is pricing more than that unless far out in suburbs..
    Even good projects in Jessore road ( around Lake town / Dum Dum) are priced more if we include PLC etc..

Comment

Basically, the trend is large complex is commanding a huge premium over stand alone building/small complex. This is as a result of mindset change - people want safety, security, a community of like minded people and multitude of facilities and are willing to pay a premium for that.

Emami City is asking a bp of Rs 5400/Sft which I still can not believe. But if they can sale at this price its only because of the craze by Kolkatas for living in a large gated community. Go fo a stand alone building at a 2 mins walk from the main road & you will get property at half the price !!

Comment

Originally posted by sumanb View Post
        Basically, the trend is large complex is commanding a huge premium over stand alone building/small complex. This is as a result of mindset change - people want safety, security, a community of like minded people and multitude of facilities and are willing to pay a premium for that.

Emami City is asking a bp of Rs 5400/Sft which I still can not believe. But if they can sale at this price its only because of the craze by Kolkatas for living in a large gated community. Go fo a stand alone building at a 2 mins walk from the main road & you will get property at half the price !!
        Though there will be a price difference, am sure its not half.. more like 10-20% difference maximum..
        And yes, nowadays most folks want to move to complexes simply because of the security and also the facilities..
        Also, remember that in the long run facilities inside the complex do save a lot of money..
        Eg.. no need to pay high charges for external club membership ( if available at all) for swimming, gym etc etc..no need for transportation of kids to clubs located outside the apartment, kids can easily & more importantly safely play inside the complex, safe for ladies and older retired parents etc..
        When I was looking to buy an apartment for living 7 years back, I was getting an apartment in CE block in Saltlake with a size of 1800 sq ft + terrace at the cost I bought my current home which is 1200 sq ft, but considering the above factors, decided against Saltlake purchase..
        Who does not want security, facilities etc specially when someone is wanting to invest / live there for many years to come..

Comment

Originally posted by AbhiCCU View Post
          IMHO, folks may not be comfortable paying a price of more than Rs 3.5k psf but if we speak about Kolkata in general, I dont know of many decent locations where we can get anything for 3.5k psf..
          from what i understand from friends etc, any decent locality / project in Kolkata is pricing more than that unless far out in suburbs..
          Even good projects in Jessore road ( around Lake town / Dum Dum) are priced more if we include PLC etc..

I agree with Abhi on this matter.

Any decent project in any decent area in Kolkata is now over 4000. Even areas like Baguiati, Kaikhali, Nagarbazar are heading towards 4000. And these prices are for those disgusting G+4 stand alone buildings in a narrow bylane without even a small play ground. Any complex project in Laketown, Bangur are touching 5000.

That way, AA2 and AA3 is damn cheap considering the huge potential there. If you consider the kind of construction quality, facilities, road connectivity, gentry, openness, planning ... it is damn damn cheap. ... considering livability, still it is cheap.

Wait, when I said cheap, I mean relative to Kolkata market. Don't compare price of Kolkata with Noida or Bangalore. Compared to those areas, Kolkata is damn expensive.

Cheap and unaffordable is nothing but mindset. Prevalent market trends sets those mindsets. Let me give an example of that mindset change. My father never thought of buying a RE on loan. I first time dared to take a loan of 5L and I was too too scared. Now a guy with 3/4 years on the job does not think twice before taking a loan of 60L!!. I still have not gathered that much courage to think for a 60L loan!!

The point is, affordability is relative and the reference point shifts over the time and does not really depends on income. Unaffordable today becomes norms tomorrow and cheap day after tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gharondabhai View Post
            I agree with Abhi on this matter.

Any decent project in any decent area in Kolkata is now over 4000. Even areas like Baguiati, Kaikhali, Nagarbazar are heading towards 4000. And these prices are for those disgusting G+4 stand alone buildings in a narrow bylane without even a small play ground. Any complex project in Laketown, Bangur are touching 5000.

That way, AA2 and AA3 is damn cheap considering the huge potential there. If you consider the kind of construction quality, facilities, road connectivity, gentry, openness, planning ... it is damn damn cheap. ... considering livability, still it is cheap.

Wait, when I said cheap, I mean relative to Kolkata market. Don't compare price of Kolkata with Noida or Bangalore. Compared to those areas, Kolkata is damn expensive.

Cheap and unaffordable is nothing but mindset. Prevalent market trends sets those mindsets. Let me give an example of that mindset change. My father never thought of buying a RE on loan. I first time dared to take a loan of 5L and I was too too scared. Now a guy with 3/4 years on the job does not think twice before taking a loan of 60L!!. I still have not gathered that much courage to think for a 60L loan!!

The point is, affordability is relative and the reference point shifts over the time and does not really depends on income. Unaffordable today becomes norms tomorrow and cheap day after tomorrow.
            Just to keep the humour side going along with serious discussions that you guys are having - As I have been told, a 4 years IT exp guy in kolkata will earn typically in range of 5-6 lakhs/annum max unless you are talking of premium jobs like Credit Analysis, Investment Banking in Financial domain etc. Will he be eligible for 60 lakhs loan?

Comment

Originally posted by joydeepr1 View Post
              Just to keep the humour side going along with serious discussions that you guys are having - As I have been told, a 4 years IT exp guy in kolkata will earn typically in range of 5-6 lakhs/annum max unless you are talking of premium jobs like Credit Analysis, Investment Banking in Financial domain etc. Will he be eligible for 60 lakhs loan?
              Miya - biwi with the help of parents are taking that kind of unbelievable loans in Delhi and Bangalore ... as if there is no tomorrow!!

Comment

Joy - On salary aspect you are somewhat correct . Average mediocre student get salary in that range ....but they did a good things beyond their education . During study impressed a girl in same engineering collage . So both of them together salary is 12 lacs . Alone 12 lacs salary is in 30% income tax slab ....where as each of them 5-6 lacs still in 10% income tax slabs . In hand salary of together 12 lacs is much much more.

Secondly those who studied well in collage without romance or girl friend opportunity ...... they are good student and worker too ...they still getting onsite opportunity well with a huge savings for 2 years
                This is my in general view what I saw.

So God distributed opportunity well to all for procuring a roof .

Comment

Originally posted by gharondabhai View Post

G'Bhai, I also feel that AA2/3 in NT is cheap compared to Kolkata standard. The question is when the price parity will come? Is it 3 years, 5 years or beyond? And when it comes, what will be upside?

Comment

Why property is the biggest con-job on investors | Firstpost

Worth a read....esp for potential buyers!

Comment

Originally posted by khan2012 View Post
                      Joy - On salary aspect you are somewhat correct . Average mediocre student get salary in that range ....but they did a good things beyond their education . During study impressed a girl in same engineering collage . So both of them together salary is 12 lacs . Alone 12 lacs salary is in 30% income tax slab ....where as each of them 5-6 lacs still in 10% income tax slabs . In hand salary of together 12 lacs is much much more.

Secondly those who studied well in collage without romance or girl friend opportunity ...... they are good student and worker too ...they still getting onsite opportunity well with a huge savings for 2 years
                      This is my in general view what I saw.

So God distributed opportunity well to all for procuring a roof .
                      Yes, for sure thing. I do see what you mean !! It was hilarious and very funny when I read it. I stand corrected. These IT guys are very smart people; they make us proud as Indians in India or otherwise. And I can see they want to leave as little for their parents to decide. Smart people don't leave anything for others !!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X