Hello,

I am new to real estate and looking for a 3BR apartment with 1500-1700 SBA. I am planning to live there in next 3-4 years. It will be really helpful fi you guyz can help me out since I have very little idea about New Town development. My budget is around 50L but can be streched to 55L. Thank you and appreciate your help.

Thanks
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear gharondabhai,in RE situation depends not only on location but also many micro and macro conditions like scope of future infrastrucure developement,demand supply equations,builders reputation,quality of coinhabitants,global economic conditions,interest rate etc and even mass psyche.And one thing you must remember supply from quality projects like unitech,keppel,dlf,tata is gradually drying up and very little supply from big reputed national and internatinal houses will be possible in near future.All the jhupris you had seen there are all makeshift arrangement for the labourers of three huge projects and
    if you visit today you will find the 6 lane road connecting MAR near Akanksha is coming up in big way, and AbhiCCU ,Unitech is already habitable with 300 family already residing,and it will take another 2 yrs for Keppel,price difference company base price 5000/sqft for unitech and 4400/sqft for keppel
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asokdeb
    Dear gharondabhai,in RE situation depends not only on location but also many micro and macro conditions like scope of future infrastrucure developement,demand supply equations,builders reputation,quality of coinhabitants,global economic conditions,interest rate etc and even mass psyche.And one thing you must remember supply from quality projects like unitech,keppel,dlf,tata is gradually drying up and very little supply from big reputed national and internatinal houses will be possible in near future.All the jhupris you had seen there are all makeshift arrangement for the labourers of three huge projects and
    if you visit today you will find the 6 lane road connecting MAR near Akanksha is coming up in big way, and AbhiCCU ,Unitech is already habitable with 300 family already residing,and it will take another 2 yrs for Keppel,price difference company base price 5000/sqft for unitech and 4400/sqft for keppel

I was unable to relate how MAR connecting road infront of Akankha helps Keppel project.

If you even dream those jhopdis will vanish one fine morning, once again good luck to you my friend.

Location is the prime reason and what you said are just 'nice to have' and their effect on RE is questionable. For example, look at Riverside project or Edencity.... on the contrary look at all those G+4 development in DD Park, Lake Town ... those people holds a waitlist of customers!!

Hope you know Unitech project has many different projects inside with different price points. Company base price is just indicative, what matters the most is actual transaction price. Keppel really selling at 4400 base price is good to hear.

Emotion is good and home is strongly connected to emotion but unfortunately RE is not. Absolutely no doubt about Keppel quality but unfortunately, it's in a wrong location.
    CommentQuote
  • What i have meant to say ,work of wide 6 lane way is going on infront of keppel,dlf,sukhobristi impressively which will connect them with MAR near Akhankha and connectivity will improve considerably.One more thing few people do the correct investment decision.Then everyone will have bought in Silverspring at 1500/sqft 10 yrs back and presently selling at 12000/sqft.Only few odd flats are left in kepples stock.You can get information from them.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asokdeb
    What i have meant to say ,work of wide 6 lane way is going on infront of keppel,dlf,sukhobristi impressively which will connect them with MAR near Akhankha and connectivity will improve considerably.One more thing few people do the correct investment decision.Then everyone will have bought in Silverspring at 1500/sqft 10 yrs back and presently selling at 12000/sqft.Only few odd flats are left in kepples stock.You can get information from them.

Are you sure Silver Spring was available at 1500/- sqft in 2003. I don't think so; Their starting range was around 50 lks for 1670 sqft flat that worked out to be 2800/- or so. I remember it clearly because they were quoting atleast 50% more than similar complex on Gariahat Road around that time.

For Silver Spring, the current price is around 10000/- or so and not 12000/-.

But thanks for the great analogy.
    CommentQuote
  • 7L 2BHK flat, just 7-8 years back at baguihati interior is now touching 30L ... and the scene is more or less same in every location. Kamalgazi, Madhyamgram are excellent examples.

That does not make someone to move to Khidderpore to stay and live with his/her family. At the same time, many people are happily living there.

In RE, you need to differentiate between investment angle and end use angle. Then again, both investment and end use solely depends on individual. You may feel comfortable at one place but I may be scared all the time. Plot or land investment gives the best return but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Coming back to original post, it is quite close to find a decent builder project in your budget. However, you can get many options in co-opp developments. You need to be a bit careful and extra alert but you can get a very decent 1400 sqft 3BHK in co-opp. 1400 sqft in co-opp is more than 1800 in big project as they does not have much loading.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    7L 2BHK flat, just 7-8 years back at baguihati interior is now touching 30L ... and the scene is more or less same in every location. Kamalgazi, Madhyamgram are excellent examples.

That does not make someone to move to Khidderpore to stay and live with his/her family. At the same time, many people are happily living there.

In RE, you need to differentiate between investment angle and end use angle. Then again, both investment and end use solely depends on individual. You may feel comfortable at one place but I may be scared all the time. Plot or land investment gives the best return but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Coming back to original post, it is quite close to find a decent builder project in your budget. However, you can get many options in co-opp developments. You need to be a bit careful and extra alert but you can get a very decent 1400 sqft 3BHK in co-opp. 1400 sqft in co-opp is more than 1800 in big project as they does not have much loading.

+1
    CommentQuote
  • Whts ur view on the godrej project?
    18 km from salt lake, 15 km frm airport.
    CommentQuote
  • Its in Sodepur, Pretty far from the city. However has good connectivity in terms of suburban rail, road (BT road) and proposed metro. Personally, I feel localities like Madhyamgram/Narendrapur/Garia has more appreciation potential than this location.

The complex is pretty nice ... one of the best with the backing of a reputed group. So it will always carry a premium.
    CommentQuote
  • Carry a preminum ?
    It hasnt appreciated as well as the other projects in newtown and rajarhat. They all strted at around 2k, the others have already reached 4.5 k, nd prakriti is still at 3.5k
    Is it just cos its far away?
    CommentQuote
  • On that side of the city, they might be the best project. If you are living on that side and you generally like that kind of environment, then the project is good. However, price has escalated quite a bit from 2K+ to 3.4K range.

Now the issue is, that side is surrounded by too many closed and running factories. So all issues related, including social issues are there. The area looks too pulluted for me to live, but then again, another person may have a different opinion.

The next issue is, connectivity is either BT road or train. BT road is a mess during the peak hours. Then again, this is a subjective issue.

The project entry is around 500m from the Sodepur/BT road crossing. The crossing is OK but the last 500m from crossing to the project entry is through BT road. That part is full of small garage and that kinds of shops. Again my personal opinion, it does not look safe for girls.

Finally, the project is very big and it will take quite a long time to be fully completed. That means, early movers has to live with constructions all around.

It depends on you. For me, I would rather pay a little bit more and settle for new town or Byepass. But one of my friend from that side is happy with Godrej brand name. So far the project progress is good.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by 5cents
    Carry a preminum ?
    It hasnt appreciated as well as the other projects in newtown and rajarhat. They all strted at around 2k, the others have already reached 4.5 k, nd prakriti is still at 3.5k
    Is it just cos its far away?

Yes sir, all started at 2K. But unfortunately they have not started at the same time.

Godrej was launched much later, around 2009/10. New Town projects were launched at 2K in 2007/8. Tata Eden was launched later at around 3K.
    CommentQuote
  • Gharondabhai much appreciate your views.
    Actually me looking for a place to settle down after 5-6 yrs. Like a backup plan if things dont work out. Would like a place where its safe for kids and family.
    So godrej is out?
    i really liked their brochure :(
    CommentQuote
  • I also came to know that the canals stink! so i ruled out sunrise green. Also near the airport the air quality is not good, moreover the constant noise. Any projects that you recommend?
    Tks agn.
    CommentQuote
  • You said " Also near the airport the air quality is not good, moreover the constant noise." ....So all Rajarhut main road and Madyamgram project Ruled out :-) .

G'Bhai already ruled out DLF and Keppel.

So you have 3 options now .

1. Bengal DCL Sampurna ....85 Lacs 3 BHK ....4100 psf
    2. Unitect ...around 5000 psf
    3 Sanjeeva Orchard ..... 4000 psf ( quality will not be at the same level as Unitech , DLF , Keppel )

Sure G'bhai will able to streach the list to a extent .
    CommentQuote
  • khan bhai... Now a days flights doesn't make much noise and pollution. May be some old flight used by our airlines might have. All are advance, dreamliner/ Airbus are excellent. But sure, some noise will be there.

I will rather say, better say off 500 Meter from MAR or any major road. They are noisy and pollution is more there. You can see any houses near MAR, Em Bypass,etc all are turning into black and dusty within few years.
    CommentQuote