Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

Collapse
X
Collapse

Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

Last updated: February 19 2013
36 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #11

    #11

    Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

    Originally posted by AbhiCCU View Post
    While it certainly seems this way, any idea why all the "big" developers ( Unitech / DLF / Shrachi / Shapoorji/ Keppel) were given plots in AA3 and some of them ( DLF / Keppel) in far flung areas of AA3 ?
    My guess, I might be completely wrong.

    AA1 was a mixed development area and have a mix of bulk residential plots. However, due to proximity to existing Sector 5, the area developed much ahead of others.

    AA2 was planned as CBD of New Town and have a very limited residential plots. A very few plots are for 'Bulk Residential'. Due to the proximity of CBD, from the very beginning all the residential plots were allocated. if you look at the stretch between MAR and Sunny Fort/Highland area, all the residential plots are allocated, although many are yet to start their project. Individual plot holders are clueless. Emami was about to start their project and then the fire broke out in their hospital!! So, in essence, all these plots were captured by local biggies, well in advance!!

    AA3 is the last sector and truly speaking, was jeopardized before it was fully planned. A bulk of AA3 areas are now questionable and many private player already captured those lands. So practically speaking, AA3 plan is half-cooked. DLF, Unitech, Tata, Keppel are late entrants to the scene and are happy with such an odd location. Except Rosedale and Unitech, all the locations are bad in today's context.

    I was about to close a deal at Keppel at around 2600 almost 4 years back during the launch but then stepped back only due to location. It is crazy to have an high end residential just in-front of a modern day slum.

    As you mentioned in another thread, MAR will be the centre of action in Rajarhat. Only if the road in front the Unitech is connected on the eastern side, then that road too will be attractive. Until then that road is a dead end and Unitech side is just one periphery of the town.

    We wish to see atleast one modern area in gloomy Kolkata and Rajarht is the only hope. While going from the airport towards city, my small kid once asked why the houses here are so shabby? they don't have the money to paint their house? He is too small to understand the details but still able to see the huge contrast!!

    Comment

    • #12

      #12

      Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

      Thank you gharondabhai and everyone for youer valuable advice. I think i know what to look for for a primary home now.

      Comment

      • #13

        #13

        Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

        Dear gharondabhai, i think you have not seen the Keppel Magus Project recently and it is going to be one of the best project in kolkata with internatinal touch and i am sure you will definitely repent for your previous decision and it is ridiculous to call Sukhobristi mass housin g project as slum.

        Comment

        • #14

          #14

          Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

          I sort of agree with gharondabhai. It may not look like a slum right now cause it's new, but will look rundown in no time if no upkeep is done.

          Comment

          • #15

            #15

            Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

            Originally posted by asokdeb View Post
            Dear gharondabhai, i think you have not seen the Keppel Magus Project recently and it is going to be one of the best project in kolkata with internatinal touch and i am sure you will definitely repent for your previous decision and it is ridiculous to call Sukhobristi mass housin g project as slum.
            In RE, the most important aspect for many is LOCATION. The location must be either good in today's context or it should be an upcoming location. Unfortunately, Keppel project location is just one odd corner of Rajarhat.

            Secondly, I went there almost 8-9 months back and the mushrooming video halls showing befitting movies and the crowd there simply scares me.

            If you are a truly end user planning to live there with your wife and kids, my best wishes for you.

            Comment

            • #16

              #16

              Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

              Originally posted by gharondabhai View Post
              In RE, the most important aspect for many is LOCATION. The location must be either good in today's context or it should be an upcoming location. Unfortunately, Keppel project location is just one odd corner of Rajarhat.

              Secondly, I went there almost 8-9 months back and the mushrooming video halls showing befitting movies and the crowd there simply scares me.

              If you are a truly end user planning to live there with your wife and kids, my best wishes for you.
              I guess this is one reason the prices of both Keppel and DLF projects there have not increased as much as for other projects ( Uniworld / Rosedale)

              Comment

              • #17

                #17

                Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

                Dear gharondabhai,in RE situation depends not only on location but also many micro and macro conditions like scope of future infrastrucure developement,demand supply equations,builders reputation,quality of coinhabitants,global economic conditions,interest rate etc and even mass psyche.And one thing you must remember supply from quality projects like unitech,keppel,dlf,tata is gradually drying up and very little supply from big reputed national and internatinal houses will be possible in near future.All the jhupris you had seen there are all makeshift arrangement for the labourers of three huge projects and
                if you visit today you will find the 6 lane road connecting MAR near Akanksha is coming up in big way, and AbhiCCU ,Unitech is already habitable with 300 family already residing,and it will take another 2 yrs for Keppel,price difference company base price 5000/sqft for unitech and 4400/sqft for keppel

                Comment

                • #18

                  #18

                  Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

                  Originally posted by asokdeb View Post
                  Dear gharondabhai,in RE situation depends not only on location but also many micro and macro conditions like scope of future infrastrucure developement,demand supply equations,builders reputation,quality of coinhabitants,global economic conditions,interest rate etc and even mass psyche.And one thing you must remember supply from quality projects like unitech,keppel,dlf,tata is gradually drying up and very little supply from big reputed national and internatinal houses will be possible in near future.All the jhupris you had seen there are all makeshift arrangement for the labourers of three huge projects and
                  if you visit today you will find the 6 lane road connecting MAR near Akanksha is coming up in big way, and AbhiCCU ,Unitech is already habitable with 300 family already residing,and it will take another 2 yrs for Keppel,price difference company base price 5000/sqft for unitech and 4400/sqft for keppel
                  I was unable to relate how MAR connecting road infront of Akankha helps Keppel project.

                  If you even dream those jhopdis will vanish one fine morning, once again good luck to you my friend.

                  Location is the prime reason and what you said are just 'nice to have' and their effect on RE is questionable. For example, look at Riverside project or Edencity.... on the contrary look at all those G+4 development in DD Park, Lake Town ... those people holds a waitlist of customers!!

                  Hope you know Unitech project has many different projects inside with different price points. Company base price is just indicative, what matters the most is actual transaction price. Keppel really selling at 4400 base price is good to hear.

                  Emotion is good and home is strongly connected to emotion but unfortunately RE is not. Absolutely no doubt about Keppel quality but unfortunately, it's in a wrong location.

                  Comment

                  • #19

                    #19

                    Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

                    What i have meant to say ,work of wide 6 lane way is going on infront of keppel,dlf,sukhobristi impressively which will connect them with MAR near Akhankha and connectivity will improve considerably.One more thing few people do the correct investment decision.Then everyone will have bought in Silverspring at 1500/sqft 10 yrs back and presently selling at 12000/sqft.Only few odd flats are left in kepples stock.You can get information from them.

                    Comment

                    • #20

                      #20

                      Re : Suggestions 3BHK 55L New Town Kolkata

                      Originally posted by asokdeb View Post
                      What i have meant to say ,work of wide 6 lane way is going on infront of keppel,dlf,sukhobristi impressively which will connect them with MAR near Akhankha and connectivity will improve considerably.One more thing few people do the correct investment decision.Then everyone will have bought in Silverspring at 1500/sqft 10 yrs back and presently selling at 12000/sqft.Only few odd flats are left in kepples stock.You can get information from them.
                      Are you sure Silver Spring was available at 1500/- sqft in 2003. I don't think so; Their starting range was around 50 lks for 1670 sqft flat that worked out to be 2800/- or so. I remember it clearly because they were quoting atleast 50% more than similar complex on Gariahat Road around that time.

                      For Silver Spring, the current price is around 10000/- or so and not 12000/-.

                      But thanks for the great analogy.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X