Friends,

I am new to this forum but have been reading lot through the threads. I need a suggestion - I have been toying with an investment option in Kolkata. I have finalized couple of options -
1. Modello Highs a new project on EM Bypass, Near Khudhiram Metro Station. The location looks good but the rate is 4700 per sqrft BSP which seems to be on higher side. and also note the builder is new.
2. Merlin Crest a new launch again adjacent to Behala Fire station on main rd. the locality would be Silpara. rate is 4100 BSP again seem to be on high side given that Metro construction seems to have gone in flux after the latest railway budget.

I need your thoughts/views around it. Thanks in advance.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • My friend, here are my comments -
    1. Modello Highs - Anything with a EMBypass tag on it is going to cost a tad higher. You have a ready made metro at 1.6 kms and marketed by NK. I liked the site plan quite a bit !! This market has absorbed all the appreciation of metro already; the quoted price is as if it demands by asking you - 'You are getting metro, Can't you pay more; get lost if you can't !!'

So, I completely sympathize with your observations. One good thing is about it is bit far from Pepsi factory which was a challenge with some projects nearby.

Bottomline - If this base price pinches you, you can look nearby localities without Bypass address tag with similar 2km distance from Kavi Nazrul Metro in 3000 range ( on the other side of Garia Main Road) !!

2. Merlin Crest - You are absolutely right. Behala has seen great traction and appreciation due to Metro and some noise early on due to IT hub on its backyards. The pace of metro will slow down, but will complete in a decade's time from now. Earlier, I was hopeful about it getting operational by 2018, but now by 2022/23. So, hopefully, there will be some slack seen in this micro market forthese two reasons.

Again the price is high because of Behala address with DH Road tag. Ofcourse, not to forget Merlin brand name !!

Bottomline - If this base price pinches you, you can look nearby localities without DH Road address tag, but within a distance of 3km from Silpara Metro in 2800 range ( between JL Sarani and MG Road) !!
    CommentQuote
  • Great, thanks for your viewpoint & inputs. Sounds logical to me.

Surely Merlin Crest is out from my list.

Reg. the Modello Highs - I understand that 4700 is a premium for the running metro. My dilemma is that whether the price trend would be upwards from here or is this is the ceiling price. See the idea is to be able to exit in next 5 yrs timeframe and I am ok to pay the premium if the risk is minimized. Please share your thoughts on this.
    CommentQuote
  • Modello Highs EM ByPass.. will not be a bad deal.. the time when it will finish .. the price will increase definitely. EM Bypass has a good potential.
    CommentQuote
  • Ravi, I was looking at this project myself,have you gotten more info that you could share, e.g. who the builders are , what is the availability, are there any discounts going , anything else..etc??? Can find very little info on the web.
    CommentQuote
  • @Ravi, Others....
    I had been to the project site yesterday , the plans, location etc seem very good indeed.Met the NK guy there who mailed me the details , most of which was already on their site.The builders are one Kirti group with only a few developments till date.
    My concern is the price and the period of completion , which has been told as being five years from now, which by the size of the project ( three towers g+16/17) seem to be quite a bit.Another project that I am looking at is Rajwada Group's Springfield Rajwada Springfield - Project Details | Rajwada Group , effectively , after the Kamalgazi flyover comes up, this project will only be a 2 minute drive from the Kamalgazi more and right on the byepass(extension) and the prices at the moment are quite OK (3400).
    Please advise gentlemen , also any other project that can be considered in the same criterion...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chefvikas
    @Ravi, Others....
    I had been to the project site yesterday , the plans, location etc seem very good indeed.Met the NK guy there who mailed me the details , most of which was already on their site.The builders are one Kirti group with only a few developments till date.
    My concern is the price and the period of completion , which has been told as being five years from now, which by the size of the project ( three towers g+16/17) seem to be quite a bit.Another project that I am looking at is Rajwada Group's Springfield Rajwada Springfield - Project Details | Rajwada Group , effectively , after the Kamalgazi flyover comes up, this project will only be a 2 minute drive from the Kamalgazi more and right on the byepass(extension) and the prices at the moment are quite OK (3400).
    Please advise gentlemen , also any other project that can be considered in the same criterion...

I was also looking for a good project so that i can get good appreciation in future. Modello High is good but price matters. Rajwada Springfield is also good as it is will be close to existing metro once kamalgazi flyover gets operational although choice would be less, as this project was launched last year. Presently i have zeroed on one project Southwinds, marketed by N K realtors. The positive things i have seen in this project are affordable price around 2900 psf, right on the extended e m bypass, a big project having 1300+ flats and a renowned builder "Srijan" & Primarc. Distance from the existing metro is almost 6 to 7 km. which is bit concern. I am hoping some suggestions from other members. I am totally new to this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • I went through the details of the Southwinds project, apart from the distance ,which actually is quite a bit, the unit sizes seem quite small- ish , I enquired about the Rajwada Springfeild project, they still have ample availability somehow and are even willing to negotiate the price , for which they have called me to their office at Mahamayatala.I think the location of this is quite good, actually , it will be immediately after descending from the Kamalgazi flyover and will be hardly 3.5 kms to Garia metro, If the bypass is four laned till then , it will also be very convenient to reach Dhalai Bridge metro.
    CommentQuote
    I went through the details of the Southwinds project, apart from the distance ,which actually is quite a bit, the unit sizes seem quite small- ish , I enquired about the Rajwada Springfeild project, they still have ample availability somehow and are even willing to negotiate the price , for which they have called me to their office at Mahamayatala.I think the location of this is quite good, actually , it will be immediately after descending from the Kamalgazi flyover and will be hardly 3.5 kms to Garia metro, If the bypass is four laned till then , it will also be very convenient to reach Dhalai Bridge metro.

Thanks for the reply. I also gone through the availability status of rajwada springfield, given on the official website of Rajwada group but it seems options are less. Base price is written 3475/-. Again analysed SOUTHWIND project & went on the site with two of my friends. We visited some projects around there like DEESHARI MEGACITY, ATRI GREEN VALLEY, SUCASA WOOD, SUCASA GREEN, RAJWADA HEIGHTS & RAJWADA ROSEWOOD. Also enquired from the local and we all finally booked flats of 1326, 1306 & 1167 sq. ft. (SBA) flat each. IN southwinds. From local enquiry, i came to know that some good builders are coming around this project like siddha & heitage group.
    CommentQuote
  • Great , Congratulations !! What is the price you got ?
    CommentQuote
    Great , Congratulations !! What is the price you got ?

Thanks. The same price which the builder is asking i.e. BSP 2900/-, south facing 100/-& for floor escalation charges 15/-.Still looking for other projects until i pay 20% after aggrement which will take another one & half months.
    CommentQuote
  • I think you might like to consider Rajwada springfeilds. I have gone through the plans closely and overall it seems very nice . I am seriously thinkiing about it. Will go this weekend to see the site and possibly meet any representatives.
    Also , I dont find any threads on the project Urban Sabujayan , the project seems quite nice ly located and is a huge one. May be you'd like to consider that too...
    CommentQuote
    I think you might like to consider Rajwada springfeilds. I have gone through the plans closely and overall it seems very nice . I am seriously thinkiing about it. Will go this weekend to see the site and possibly meet any representatives.
    Also , I dont find any threads on the project Urban Sabujayan , the project seems quite nice ly located and is a huge one. May be you'd like to consider that too...

Disclaimer - I am not sure 100% whether Builders of Urban Sabujayan - Bengal Abashan are the same as Urban Abashan or not? Somehow as far as memory goes, the same set of guys changed their entity name few years back.

If it is the same set of guys, then they have very bad name in the Kolkata RE market unless they have mend their ways. I will check with my sources and come back.. For time being, take caution dealing with them.
    CommentQuote
  • I think same guys... have the link

-:Welcome_ to_ Bengal_ Abasan | Urban Sabujayan :-

Somehow, I feel that this area might have some issue with Wet Land, because you can find huge water body just next to it.
    CommentQuote
    I think you might like to consider Rajwada springfeilds. I have gone through the plans closely and overall it seems very nice . I am seriously thinkiing about it. Will go this weekend to see the site and possibly meet any representatives.

Thanks for good suggestion. As I reside at Ruby, i visited the site of URBAN SABUJAYAN in the evening. The site is no doubt good located, just 1.5 km from e m bypass & 2.5 km from ruby hospital. Although i didnot like the project, the layout is not open, just like row houses;only centrally located amenities and the flats which one can consider to buy are priced 5500/- psf which is high priced definitely. I would also like to see rajwada springfield.
    CommentQuote
  • I am really shocked at the current prices of Urban Sabujayan !! 5500 !! The pre launch price was 3800 only about an year back !!Something must be going right for them ... Anyways, my search has now narrowed to either 2 bed 1140 sf in Modello Highs or 3 bed 1460 sf in Rajwada springfields... Will need suggestions from all.. Rajwada Springfield - Project Details | Rajwada Group

Modello Highs Kolkata | 2 BHK Flats in South Kolkata | Flat for Sale in South Kolkata....
    CommentQuote