Hi

I am looking for an apartment (in a complex) for staying in Rajarhat.
My budget is around 35L. I understand that AA1 projects are not going to fit in the budget. I had been going over some projects like Siddha Town, Ideal Abashan and Mounthill Essence. My concern is the safety of the area and connectivity with the major arterial roads. I will not be shifting within a year and so any area where future developments are going to happen will be good.
Are there better prospects elsewhere (in New Town) in this budget?
Please advise.

Abhijit
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In 35 Lakhs, u r looking for 2 BHK or 3 BHK ?

If the Rajarhat Express road connects to the 91 Bus Route and furthur to Doltala, it will be good, and I hope it will connect else, check project like Siddha Pine/Xanadu/Sphere, Ideal Enclave, Shreshta Garden, Green Height, Dream Residence,etc most of them are 3600 and less than 4000 and has good connectivity all are in Rajarhat Main Road not in New Town.

Hiland Willow use to have some ground floor flats left in AA2, if you want you can check.
    Co-Operative Standalone are there in AA1.

Also check for some resale.. if you are lucky you can get one,
    CommentQuote
  • 35L for a branded project will be tough in proper AA at the moment. 2 years back it was possible in Sunny Fort, Unitech.

Now only option is no frill cooperative societies in AA1. There are many options, you need to do a lot of ground work to find a suitable and safe option.

Besides that, your option is Rajarhat road. Although per sq ft rate is almost the same, but due to different target audience, apartment size there are much smaller than proper AA. Many people are already living there so livability or safety is in fact better than proper AA.

My suggestion is, 35L is a big amount. Before putting your money to any project, visit the areas few times during different times and days. Monday morning and Saturday evening in a same area may be completely different.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you SandipRC and Gharondabhai. I should have mentioned, I am looking for a 2BHK. I shall visit the area as you had mentioned. I am not really keen in co-operatives (there are a lot of hassles) and resale. I have had a very bad experience in resale.
    I did hear there were some complaints against Siddha (Delay in handover, price hike etc). I have been considering Siddha Pines and Ideal Enclave as plan B; but those will come to around 40L - so will stretch my budget a bit.
    Shreshtha Garden I thought only had 3 BHKs but I will check again.
    I understand if the MAR to SRCM road extension does not come up it will be a big problem in communication from the projects I had initially mentioned.
    It has come to price vs location :(
    In your opinion, given my situation, should I show preference for 211 route projects (around 40L) or 91 route projects (around 30~32L hoping the extension comes up in near future).

Many thanks
    Abhijit
    CommentQuote
  • I think 211 Route near 4 Lane and 6 Lane New Road Connection are better choice, because it will close to AA2D near City Center 2, which is planned and a New Upcoming Bus stand(Planned) will be there near Ideal Enclave and the Metro will be around 1.5 KM much nearer than 91 Route.

Shreshta Garden has 1,2,3 BHK but I think most of them are sold out. Check if you find any.

Another nice complex is Silver Oak Estate but it is expensive @4250 psft and that too also sold out, may be some resale available.

Siddha has some complaints but you can personally check its status. Some people says its good also.
    CommentQuote
  • in my opinion, extension to 91 bus route( SRMC road) will happen.

About 65% + land for extension is in hands of govt. the remaining stretch , i do not believe is occupied by many people. maybe few kaccha houses and 1-2 pakka houses.
    (point is there are not too many settlers to be asked to leave which otherwise would be a problem)

When the extension will be complete is a big question mark ...it could be one year , it could be 5 yrs

this is my feeling . I dont have any data or reliable info to back it

I am not invested nor plan to invest in 91 (SRMC) route
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mayekar
    in my opinion, extension to 91 bus route( SRMC road) will happen.

About 65% + land for extension is in hands of govt. the remaining stretch , i do not believe is occupied by many people. maybe few kaccha houses and 1-2 pakka houses.
    (point is there are not too many settlers to be asked to leave which otherwise would be a problem)

When the extension will be complete is a big question mark ...it could be one year , it could be 5 yrs

this is my feeling . I dont have any data or reliable info to back it

I am not invested nor plan to invest in 91 (SRMC) route

Mayekarbhai, found something new?
    CommentQuote
  • No dada, just my gut feeling

But did visit last week.

Had tea at local chai wala just at the crossing ... and did para talk..when will this ext come up... etc etc.

inquired at some house owners kaccha, pakka makaan both.

Surprisingly , they were more cooperative that the executives at HIDCO bhawan.

bottomline , just gut feeling
    CommentQuote
  • My feeling is that as a new Road is comming up joining EM Bypass (Over Bheri & Dhapa) -Sector V and Rajarhat New Town (MAR 2222) near Balaka Abasan.. This NE Extension from Rajarhat Main Road to Doltala Madhagram will happen.. Its about a time.. may be is some coming year..

People over there in Rajarhat Area know once this golden road (MAR) will go over there near their land and connect Madhagram Barasat Route, price of land will jump like any this...

Both this road will have a nice impact on traffic problem.
    CommentQuote
  • Planning to visit the area this weekend. Thanks to all for the inputs.
    Will post what happens.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All
    I am a new joinee to this forum & sincerely thank all of you for the wealth of information you all share & contribute .
    2 Q -
    1-Does any one of you have an idea of exact location of the New Town Bus Terminus which is planned near Rajarhat Road & by when it is likely to come up
    2-I understand there is a IT park planned in action area -2 -where exactly is the location ?Any developments in progress for IT park ?
    Thanks in advance
    Arindam
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by audysinha
    Hi All
    I am a new joinee to this forum & sincerely thank all of you for the wealth of information you all share & contribute .
    2 Q -
    1-Does any one of you have an idea of exact location of the New Town Bus Terminus which is planned near Rajarhat Road & by when it is likely to come up
    2-I understand there is a IT park planned in action area -2 -where exactly is the location ?Any developments in progress for IT park ?
    Thanks in advance
    Arindam

Hi,

Here is my take on your queries based on whatever knowledge I have about the place..

1) The New Town Bus terminus is supposed to come up in Action Area-II on the new 4-lane road (just before City Centre II,while going from Salt Lake to VIP Rd) that connects the MAR with Rajarhat Road (near Derozio College). The bus terminus will be near the Bengal Shrachi housing project named Greenfield Ambition.

2) No concrete idea about any IT park planned in AA-II,however there is a vast stretch of land (almost 330 acres) lying behind the mass housing complexes like Sunny fort,Hiland Willows,DCL etc which was acquired long back for making IT park.but later on,nothing happened on that.....there is another cluster of IT campuses coming up on the stretch betweeb Eco Space & Tata Medical centre..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by home4sourav
    Hi,

Here is my take on your queries based on whatever knowledge I have about the place..

1) The New Town Bus terminus is supposed to come up in Action Area-II on the new 4-lane road (just before City Centre II,while going from Salt Lake to VIP Rd) that connects the MAR with Rajarhat Road (near Derozio College). The bus terminus will be near the Bengal Shrachi housing project named Greenfield Ambition.

2) No concrete idea about any IT park planned in AA-II,however there is a vast stretch of land (almost 330 acres) lying behind the mass housing complexes like Sunny fort,Hiland Willows,DCL etc which was acquired long back for making IT park.but later on,nothing happened on that.....there is another cluster of IT campuses coming up on the stretch betweeb Eco Space & Tata Medical centre..

The current depo in AA1 is temporary and the planned bus depo supposed to be at a site near to Sunny Fort project.

The IT Park was planned behind Sunny Fort project. The entire paddy field between the canal there (behind fort, malamncha projects) to the village supposed to be the IT SEZ.

Now cows are more important than development and hence to save the great rajarhat cows, all the planned developments gone with the another great "parivartan hawa". So we are left with a temporary bus stand and an empty areas. What could have been the face of Kolkata is now messed up.

Those not familier with great rajarhat cows, search in Google.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    The current depo in AA1 is temporary and the planned bus depo supposed to be at a site near to Sunny Fort project.

The IT Park was planned behind Sunny Fort project. The entire paddy field between the canal there (behind fort, malamncha projects) to the village supposed to be the IT SEZ.

Now cows are more important than development and hence to save the great rajarhat cows, all the planned developments gone with the another great "parivartan hawa". So we are left with a temporary bus stand and an empty areas. What could have been the face of Kolkata is now messed up.

Those not familier with great rajarhat cows, search in Google.

Hahaha....gharondabhai,extremely well said! :) on a serious note,its really sad to see all this happening..
    CommentQuote
  • It's really sad, when we see that all the development which was initiated by the previous Govt has taken a back seat.

This will not only negativity for RE market in Kolkata as well as the Job Market also. Every year thousand of Engineers,Doctors,MBA,Graduates etc comes out. If we are not able to create enough job how the economy will sustain. Everyone cannot sit in road side and start selling staffs.

Hope this Govt should seriously thinks of brings some big Fortune 500 companies and can uplift the market. Lots of policies need to be changed.

Inter City Bus Stand(HIDCO Map) near Bengal DCL Sampurnaa/ Derozio College-City Center 2
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=27633

May be another one near Sunny Fort,AA2 for Financial HUB and IT HUB.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all

I had visited the area last Sunday and this is what I thought.
    The proposed extension from 211 route to 91 route - work on it has not started at all and didn't see any activity suggesting it will start in the near future. Really hope it does, but right now, I am not sure.
    The Rajarhat road really needs to be widened as buses, cars (some expensive ones too!) , carts, rickshaw vans , cows all share the same narrow stretch which makes driving a nightmare.
    I am trying to have another visit (on 211 route this time) arranged next Sunday.

I don't know what on earth is the problem in getting the extension constructed, its just acres of empty land with all the potential but no development going on. Beats me.

Abhijit

CommentQuote