Hello,
I came accross a couple of residential project (Tirath Project,Tirath enclave,Tirath Apartment etc) the builder is Rohra of Rohra Heights (new town AA1).All the projects are in underconstruction phase.I went an unofficial visit and found the exact project location to be near to Salua bajar on Rajarhat Main Road. The rate varies from Rs 3000-3500 per sq feet.Can you all please put up your review about the project,builder etc.Also Somani group is marketting all the Tirath Projects.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello,
    With regards to the project it looks alright; Amenities and specifications are standard offerings in this price range/project size,
    If all the projects are underconstruction, maybe you would want to wait to see a finished product.
    Rate seems alright; although I would stay clear of Rajarhat for the next few years as there is a lot that needs to be done in order to make it habitable. With regards to habitability, I would recommend airport and beyond (madhyamgram/barasat/sodepur) which is also in close proximity to rajarhat as well as the fact that it is livable and functional. And the rate is more reasonable with the same projections for appreciation.
    Hope this helps; although Im not sure if my views will be the same as most other people in this forum.
    Regards,
    Suprita.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Suprita
    Hello,
    With regards to the project it looks alright; Amenities and specifications are standard offerings in this price range/project size,
    If all the projects are underconstruction, maybe you would want to wait to see a finished product.
    Rate seems alright; although I would stay clear of Rajarhat for the next few years as there is a lot that needs to be done in order to make it habitable. With regards to habitability, I would recommend airport and beyond (madhyamgram/barasat/sodepur) which is also in close proximity to rajarhat as well as the fact that it is livable and functional. And the rate is more reasonable with the same projections for appreciation.
    Hope this helps; although Im not sure if my views will be the same as most other people in this forum.
    Regards,
    Suprita.

Hi,
    Thanks Suprita ,for your feedback.Here are a few more things I would like to highlight.
    -->I searched the CREDAI Bengal and don't find Rohra in the member list.So thinking about the reputation of the builder.
    -->A few blocks in Tirath Project is complete but haven't seen it so can't say about the finish product.
    -->Regarding location as it is 1.5 - 2 Km km from Chinar Park/City Center (proposed metro station and bus terminus) so that attracts me.Autos and Busses ply on 211 route so communication is ok.
    -->The reduction is around 35% from Super Build to actual carpet Area (As per brochure floor plan)
    CommentQuote
  • @Sash ... I have booked a flat at Rohra Heights, The last time I went there , I saw one block... (MIG , probably block C or D ) being ready , almost ready for possession , it seemed.You might like to go there and check the said block for construction quality,finish and so on.. pls. share your findings, I was not able to go inside the block , being in hurry...

Although I cannot say anything about the builders, but I had been to their office at Lake Town and met them personally , they seemed to be OK and talked about their upcoming projects, which were quite a few.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not familiar with the term reduction. What do you mean by reduction is 35%?

Originally Posted by sashr1
    Hi,
    Thanks Suprita ,for your feedback.Here are a few more things I would like to highlight.
    -->I searched the CREDAI Bengal and don't find Rohra in the member list.So thinking about the reputation of the builder.
    -->A few blocks in Tirath Project is complete but haven't seen it so can't say about the finish product.
    -->Regarding location as it is 1.5 - 2 Km km from Chinar Park/City Center (proposed metro station and bus terminus) so that attracts me.Autos and Busses ply on 211 route so communication is ok.
    -->The reduction is around 35% from Super Build to actual carpet Area (As per brochure floor plan)
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone booked here in Tirath, rajarhat? What is the current status and current rate? please provide some views...
    CommentQuote
  • Just to highlight, maybe the most important......for those who care.... rajarhat and newtown are very much in arsenic zone......now, you decide. it was earlier revealed, now nobody is highlighting it, everything's hush hush, you know why!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudip06
    Just to highlight, maybe the most important......for those who care.... rajarhat and newtown are very much in arsenic zone......now, you decide. it was earlier revealed, now nobody is highlighting it, everything's hush hush, you know why!

provide the authentication ?
    CommentQuote
  • QUALITY AFFECTED HABITATIONS

My relative is working in water testing, he also confirmed it, but it cannot be disclosed, google it, you will get the info...now, think of this...bright clean roads, amazing township, white clouds floating in the sky, and arsenic water....what a contrast! you know the problem? its only because the city is not well equiped to provide water via pipeline, so most of the folks are withdrawing soil water, and if all highrises draws water from underground, definitely arsenic level per ppm will increase, thats the scenario today, only GOD can save after 5 years....now, you will say okay, we'll order water and drink....but is that possible 24x7x365? think about it...
    CommentQuote
  • The entire South Bengal is affected by Arsenic, not just New Town area. Pollution level in Kolkata is always in the 'Unhealthy' - 'Hazardous' zone. Hygin condition of most of the eateris in Kolkata is questionable. The way people cosss the road, especially through the broken holes in road divider is fatal. The traffic jam and civic sense of road users are life threatening to many patients in ambulance and the list goes on.

I'm not diluting the arsenic problem but life got too many other issues and it all depends on your own prioritis.
    CommentQuote
  • I am sorry gharondabhai, with due respect to your comments, I beg to differ with your statement that entire south Bengal is affected by Arsenic, Rajarhat Newtown was always the arsenic belt(as I have specified in my earlier post about arsenic contamination in rajarhat taken straight from government web site about water contamination with arsenic in North 24 Parganas), whose situation has been aggravated by monstrous projects of taking out ground water. I will highlight why its so important unlike other issues. This arsenic mixing with soil water can create havoc and believe me, our children playing in rain water wont be fun anymore, because of deadly arsenic. You have to also cook rice, wash vegetables with bottled water(hoping the bottled water is not coming from the same area because nobody knows!!!). Can you affordc Just google how it affects, highlighting it, cause its not possible to compromise, it cannot be....okies, we can manage with that...

Anyways, just thought of letting the concerned folks know, nothing else.
    CommentQuote
  • @sudip06.. But these reports elaborate the arsenic menace in other parts of Kolkata ... Is there any specific reason you have chosen to highlight Rajarhat ?? All the below reports/articles confirm that the groundwater arsenic contamination is not exactly location specific but rather generic, even in the rest of the state... And it only took one hit of Google search !!There are hundreds of other reports too ...Your elaboration towards the grim scenario in front of us and the next several generations due to this menace is well received but why such selective perception , my friend ??I am sure we all can google about the ill effects of Arsenic on young children but we can perhaps the Arsenic levels in other parts of the city(and the state too , can't we now ?? )

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/Arsenic-alarm-grips-Kolkata/articleshow/14440117.cms
    http://www.dngmresfoundation.org/review/1.GrWater%20quqlity%20in%20W%20Bengal,20%20yrs%20study.pdf
    Groundwater arsenic contamination in Behala due to industrial pollution
    CommentQuote
  • chefvikas: thanks a lot for your highlight, i thought it was only rajarhat till now(because the presence of original arsenic belt there), never knew it has spread to rest parts of kolkata as well, but its expected, more you pull water out of the ground, ppm of arsenic bound to increase which is getting reflected....but see 1 thing.....these isolated cases is due to extensive water extraction or due to arsenic contamination due to arsenic waste dump, but Rajarhat is different, its originally high there, now if you ask a geologist for reason, there are no reasons, some metals are predominant in some places, if you have to hunt for the reason, you have to go back thousands or millions of years...The main doable point is, if you come to know the fact, stay away........as simple as that. btw, i am too small a guy to have vested interest to change the mindset of thousands of investors, but its for only folks who care though without knowing! you are welcome :);d...\.j1``
    CommentQuote
  • Once again, Arsenic is a menace for entire south bengal, from Malda to South 24 pgs. There are tons of report claiming one particular area more seriously affected than other area. Unfortunate, there had never been any comprehensive study to conclude anything. But accepted fact is, the entire region is affected. As the ground water level changes, the reading differs. Simply, you can not compare a summer reading of one area with rainy season reading of another area.

Drinking water is just one part of the story. Anything that use contaminated water is equally harmful. That means all the vegetables, fruits, fishes are harful too. Now the concentration of arsenic in fishes are debatable. Some scientists claims gradual deposit of arsenic in fishes and hence very high concentration of the harmful arsenic.

So the question is, why single out Rajarhat? When EM Bypass to Tollygunge to Saltlake are equally affected. Assuming Bagbazar is not seriously affected, can we say the vegetables or fishes there are clean? Safe drinking water is a basic need of any modern city and India failed on that ground.
    CommentQuote
  • I think I have made my point for those folks who was not aware of this fact if it helps at all....all the best folks :)
    CommentQuote
  • in continuation of the drinking water issue in Kolkata

বিষ-জল খাচ্ছে শহর, তবু নির্বিকার পুরসভা

প্রভাত ঘোষ

১৪ মার্চ , ২০১৫, ০০:২৩:৪৯
    Source: Anandabazar Patrika

কলকাতার ভূগর্ভস্থ জলস্তর ইতিমধ্যেই বিষাক্ত হয়ে গিয়েছে আর্সেনিক, লোহা ইত্যাদি উপাদানে। কিন্তু অভিযোগ, প্রতিক্রিয়া মারাত্মক জেনেও নাগরিকদের প্রতিদিন সেই বিষাক্ত জলই সরবরাহ করে চলেছে কলকাতা পুরসভা। কোনও হেলদোল নেই পুর-কর্তৃপক্ষের। মেয়র শোভন চট্টোপাধ্যায় অবশ্য বিষাক্ত জল সরবরাহ করার অভিযোগ সরাসরি খারিজ করে দিয়েছেন।
    কলকাতা পুর-প্রশাসনের তরফে প্রায়ই দাবি করা হয়, শহরের অধিকাংশ ওয়ার্ডে গার্ডেনরিচ বা পলতার জল পাইপলাইনের মাধ্যমে সরবরাহ করা হয়। ফলে নাগরিকদের নলকূপের জল ব্যবহার করতে হয় না। প্রকৃত চিত্রটা অবশ্য অন্য। পুরসভার জল সরবরাহ দফতরের ডিরেক্টর জেনারেল বিভাস মাইতি স্বীকার করে নিয়েছেন, পলতা ও গার্ডেনরিচ থেকে শহরের প্রয়োজন পুরোপুরি মেটানোর জল পাওয়া যায় না। ফলে বিভিন্ন স্থানে একপ্রকার বাধ্য হয়েই গভীর নলকূপের জল মিশিয়ে শহরবাসীকে সরবরাহ করতে হয়।
    সম্প্রতি যাদবপুর বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ‘স্কুল অব এনভায়রনমেন্টাল স্টাডিজ’ এবং তার পরে রাজ্য জল অনুসন্ধান দফতরের (স্যুইড) এক সমীক্ষায় ধরা পড়েছে, শহরে ভূগর্ভের জলস্তর আর্সেনিক, লোহা ইত্যাদি বিষাক্ত উপাদানের মিশ্রণে দূষিত হয়ে গিয়েছে। কিন্তু এই পরিস্থিতি জানা সত্ত্বেও কলকাতায় প্রতিদিন সরবরাহ করা ২৯ কোটি গ্যালন জলের একটা বড় অংশ তোলা হচ্ছে ৪১৭টি গভীর নলকূপ থেকে। পাশাপাশি, পুর এলাকায় ১২ হাজারেরও বেশি হস্তচালিত নলকূপের মাধ্যমে রোজ ভূগর্ভ থেকে জল তোলা হয় বলে জানিয়েছেন পুর-কর্তৃপক্ষ। তবে সেই জলের পরিমাণ কত, তার কোনও হিসেব পুরসভার কাছে নেই।
    স্যুইড-এর সমীক্ষার রিপোর্ট নিয়ে সম্প্রতি বিধানসভার রাজ্য বাজেট অধিবেশনে বিবৃতি দিয়েছেন রাজ্যের জলসম্পদ উন্নয়ন ও অনুসন্ধান মন্ত্রী সৌমেন মহাপাত্র। ওই বিবৃতিতেও শহরের ভূগর্ভস্থ জলে অত্যধিক মাত্রায় আর্সেনিক থাকার কথা স্বীকার করে নেওয়া হয়েছে। কিন্তু ভূগর্ভস্থ জলে দূষণের মাত্রা এত বেশি জেনেও তা কেন রোজ সরবরাহ করা হচ্ছে? পুরসভার জল সরবরাহ দফতরের ডিজি বিভাস মাইতি বলেন, “বিপদ তো জানিই। কিন্তু কী করব? বিকল্প ব্যবস্থা না হওয়া পর্যন্ত এ ভাবেই জল সরবরাহ করতে হবে।” পুরসভা সূত্রে জানা গিয়েছে, বর্তমান তৃণমূল বোর্ড ক্ষমতায় আসার আগেই প্রাক্তন মেয়র বিকাশ ভট্টাচার্যের আমলে শহরে অধিকাংশ গভীর নলকূপ বসানো হয়েছিল এবং হস্তচালিত নলকূপ বসানোর অনুমতিও দেওয়া হয়েছিল। সেই ট্র্যাডিশন এখনও চলছে।
    কিন্তু ভূগর্ভস্থ জলে কী কী বিষ মিশছে, সেই তথ্য জানেন না সাধারণ নাগরিকেরা। প্রশ্ন উঠেছে, জল পরীক্ষার রিপোর্ট প্রকাশ করা হয় না কেন? ‘অল ইন্ডিয়া ইনস্টিটিউট অব হাইজিন অ্যান্ড পাবলিক হেল্‌থ’-এর প্রাক্তন অধিকর্তা-অধ্যাপক অরুণাভ মজুমদার বলেন, “সংশ্লিষ্ট সব সরকারি দফতরই দাবি করে, শহর ও গ্রামের সব জায়গায় জল পরীক্ষার ব্যবস্থা আছে। কিন্তু তার রিপোর্ট কখনও প্রকাশ করা হয় না। ফলে মানুষ জানতে পারেন না, তাঁরা যে জল খাচ্ছেন, তাতে জীবাণু-সহ অন্য ক্ষতিকর পদার্থ আছে কি নেই। যদি মানুষ না জেনে দূষিত জল পান করতে বাধ্য হন, সে ক্ষেত্রে সরবরাহকারীরা শাস্তিযোগ্য অপরাধ করছেন।”
    কলকাতায় এই বিপদের সঙ্গে যুক্ত হয়েছে বহুতল আবাসনগুলির বিপুল জলের প্রয়োজনীয়তা। জল-বিশেষজ্ঞদের বক্তব্য, শহরের ৯০ শতাংশ বহুতলই ভূগর্ভস্থ জল ব্যবহার করে। কারণ ওই ধরনের প্রতিটি আবাসনে জল সরবরাহ করতে গেলে পুরসভার তরফ থেকে ‘ডেডিকেটেড’ পাইপলাইন পাতার দরকার। অভিযোগ, কোনও ক্ষেত্রেই তা করা হয়নি। সাধারণ নিয়ম অনুসারে, বহুতল তৈরির সময়ে কাজের সুবিধার জন্য আবাসনের জমিতে গভীর নলকূপ খোঁড়ার অনুমতি দেয় সংশ্লিষ্ট পুরসভা। নিউ টাউনের ক্ষেত্রে সেই অনুমতি দেয় হিডকো। কিন্তু কলকাতা শহরে বহুতলের ক্ষেত্রে ছাড়পত্র নিতে হয় ‘স্টেট লেভেল স্কিম স্যাংশনিং কমিটি’র (এসএলএসএসসি) থেকে। ওই কমিটির একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছেন, নিউ টাউনে এমন কোনও অনুমতি নেওয়া হয়নি। এমনকী, কলকাতার ব্যাপারেও কমিটির কাছে এ নিয়ে কোনও আবেদন জমা পড়েনি।
    এর পাশাপাশি নিয়ম রয়েছে, বহুতল তৈরি হয়ে গেলে ওই গভীর নলকূপ বন্ধ করে দিতে হবে। কিন্তু সেই নিয়মও মানা হয় না। আবাসন পর্ষদের একটি যৌথ সংস্থার এক শীর্ষ কর্তা বলেন, “পর্ষদের সঙ্গে যৌথ উদ্যোগে আমরা যে সব বহুতল আবাসন তৈরি করেছি, সেখানে গভীর নলকূপ খোঁড়ার পাশাপাশি জলের পাইপলাইন তৈরির কাজে প্রতিটি আবাসনের জন্য দুই থেকে আড়াই কোটি টাকা জমা দেওয়া হয়েছে পুরসভাকে। কিন্তু কোথাওই পাইপলাইনের ব্যবস্থা করা হয়নি। অগত্যা গভীর নলকূপের জলই সেখানকার বাসিন্দাদের ভরসা।”
    শহরের ভূগর্ভস্থ জলে আর্সেনিকের আক্রমণ নিয়ে সম্প্রতি রাজ্য বাজেট অধিবেশনে বিবৃতি দেন রাজ্যের জলসম্পদ উন্নয়ন ও অনুসন্ধান মন্ত্রী সৌমেন মহাপাত্র। পরে তিনি জানান, কলকাতার পুর-কর্তৃপক্ষ বহুতল আবাসনগুলির অনুমতি দেওয়ার সময়ে যদি প্রাথমিক শর্ত হিসেবে বৃষ্টির জল ধরে রেখে বাধ্যতামূলক ভাবে আবার ব্যবহার করার বিষয়টি রাখতেন, তা হলে ভাল হত। কিন্তু সে দিকে কারও নজর নেই।
    তবে মন্ত্রীর এই অভিযোগ সরাসরি অস্বীকার করেছেন মেয়র শোভন চট্টোপাধ্যায়। তিনি জানিয়েছেন, কলকাতা পুরসভা গঙ্গার জল শোধন করে শহরের ৯৯.৯ শতাংশ এলাকায় বিশুদ্ধ পানীয় জল সরবরাহ করে। যদিও তাঁর জল দফতরই উল্টো হিসেব দিয়েছে।
    CommentQuote