Last updated: March 28 2016
13 | Posts
5392 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcutta Riverside Project, Riverbank Developers, Batanagar, Kolkata

Hello:

I am from Bangalore and I was looking for a place to retire. I liked the concept and everything about Calcutta riverside project.

I am just curious as to why this development is slow and flats are still available. This was approved by Govt. in jan 2009, and the apartments should have been booked by now. I don't know if I am missing anything here.

If you have any opinion about this project please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re : Calcutta Riverside Project, Riverbank Developers, Batanagar, Kolkata

Guys, a hearty shubo vijaya to all. Also happy diwali in advance. Got busy in studies and hence not really following our beloved IREF. But very nice to see our good friends like Jaideep, Khan, Abhi et al around

Reviving this OLD thread.

I am interested or just coining the idea of purchasing one small unit in this project, preferably princep. The purchase is just as a weekend home for future!!. Not really worried about the locality or appreciation. Future definitely means 1 year + and probably means 3 years+.

Your views are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Gharondabhai and all - belated Shuvo bijoya and Happy Diwali in advance...Pray that the rain gods be more adjusting in this feative season.

Comment

Originally posted by joydeepr1 View Post
        Gharondabhai and all - belated Shuvo bijoya and Happy Diwali in advance...Pray that the rain gods be more adjusting in this feative season.
        Thanks Joydeep. Ya heard that the rain played a major spoilsports during the puja time. Even heard today that some parts of Kolkata is under water now. It is quite unusual to rain in late Oct.

Any thought on the Riverside project? The idea came from one of my cousin brothers dream to live at the bank of river Ganges. Long back we visited one project in uttarpara, I guess Puja ganges or something. But by the time we visited that project, it jumped from 1200 to 2200 and river facing units were all gone (or atleast we were told that way). If we are shelling out that kind of money then Riverside project looks much better on paper. No one is going to stay there. Just one of the family may go during the weekends for a relaxing time. Just like a holiday home. Appreciation, liquidity is not really a concern.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this project

Take care and be safe
        Cheers

Comment

gharondabhai; - I have very limited knowledge about this project and that's because, I was never interested on that part of kolkata ever.

It is 260 acres of project land, while Unitech is a fraction 100 acres only. We know how well located Unitech is, in future scheme of things and even then, the slipping delivery schedules and other challenges that it has. Now compare that with Riverside that is completely in an 'out of focus' location, so expectedly, the amount of time that this promised dream will take to get realized, is probably second to none; actually it will be even longer than our metro projects.

I fear the projects that have larger gestation periods for next 5 years or so. So, Riverside is not at all fitting my parameters. What can be better than spending a Saturday looking at Ganges and munching fries from your kitchen there, but too risky a dream to pursue.

If anyone is looking for 'holiday' home or so, look out for Shantiniketan or even any Kolkata based Ganges overlooking project that is smaller and hence manageable in size. One example that comes to my mind is Larica that is proposing to launch Ganges facing project at Konnagar - it has all the disadvantages of GT Road as its only life-line and hustle and bustle of Howrah Industrial belt, but still its launch date could be tracked because one can possibly have that coveted Ganges view if he gets one such property.

If I want to have those fries myself in a holiday home in my lifetime, I guess, I will be better off targeting a re-sale standalone house or a new/resale flat in a much smaller project overlooking Ganges. Else, target Shantiniketan if that suits one's platter.
          Last edited by Skittles8; March 28 2016, 03:54 PM. Reason: mentioned user

Comment

I visited the site in early 2012 but felt that it will take many many years for the project to realize its potential. Right then it was too risky to put money into the project ...... its better to wait for its completion and then go for a resale unit.

Comment

Originally posted by gharondabhai View Post
              Thanks Joydeep. Ya heard that the rain played a major spoilsports during the puja time. Even heard today that some parts of Kolkata is under water now. It is quite unusual to rain in late Oct.

Any thought on the Riverside project? The idea came from one of my cousin brothers dream

Take care and be safe
              Cheers
              Hi Gharondabhai,

There is a wonderful project called Unimark Riveria located in a prime location in Uttarpara which has ganges facing apartments (B+G+11 stories)..It is a 6 acre project with a commercial complex as well. This can actually serve as a holiday home. Also can be used for pure residential purpose. It is also located on GT road...With the uttarpara film city likely to come up this could also result in appreciation..check out unimark site or nk realtors site for details. My parents stay in uttarpara and I had visited the project site a few months back...Location is very good by uttarpara standards.

Comment

hiland kolkata

dear all,
                any body can tell me regarding calcutta river side project which i booked 2012,and they said will hand over on December 2013 .and they send me new terms and condition where they mention that possession will be given after 36 month .what to do kindly provide me the information . and the future of the pojects.
                thanks,
                Last edited by eagleindia; February 17 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Calcutta Riverside Owners

Hello

We put a down payment on a flat (Laketown) here several years ago. The project has been extremely delayed but I understand they are finally starting to hand over some flats. I would like to get in touch with some other owners in this complex. Please post here with your experience so far.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                    Its the same with me...I had started the process of buying a Riverside flat in early 2011. Just got their email reg registration of my flat in Laketown. Their communication is apalling and not to mention the project delivery which is delayed by years!
                    This is after they took all their payments on time and in advance, even asking for interest if we dont pay in advance!
                    I would like to get in touch with other buyers. Please post here to share your experience.
                    Thanks.
                    Last edited by CarpeDiem; April 9 2015, 12:45 PM. Reason: Personal Information

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X