Hello Friends, Planning to buy a 3 BHK in Sidhha Happyville in Rajharat by Siddha Group in soft launch. The cost is 2950/sql ft. The hard launch will be at 3100 they say in Dec'14. Its located at Rajarhat Chowmatha - locality seems OK with markets and all nearby. Maniratnam - project by Mani Group is also just across the road. Do you think it will be a wise decision to go for it now or you guys expect prices will fall because of the economic conditions sooner than later?
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi, I am also looking to book in this project. My purpose is both investment as well as might use as a end user after few years. The locality seems ok to me. I have doubt regarding the project itself, this is in Pre-Launch stage for last 1 year almost nad changed its name from Graneur to Happville, is that something to worry about?
    Also as a soft-launch is it worth having 2950/sq ft price for that location and this kind of project? Any guidence will be highly appreciated.

Also I looked another project which is near City Center 2, Bellagio Lvl Next, they are quoting 4500/sq ft in soft-launch. There phase one seems to be good. What do you think about this price in that location for phase 2 which will be delivered end of 2016? Its being a corner plot location seems to be good.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mou das
    Hi, I am also looking to book in this project. My purpose is both investment as well as might use as a end user after few years. The locality seems ok to me. I have doubt regarding the project itself, this is in Pre-Launch stage for last 1 year almost nad changed its name from Graneur to Happville, is that something to worry about?
    Also as a soft-launch is it worth having 2950/sq ft price for that location and this kind of project? Any guidence will be highly appreciated.

Also I looked another project which is near City Center 2, Bellagio Lvl Next, they are quoting 4500/sq ft in soft-launch. There phase one seems to be good. What do you think about this price in that location for phase 2 which will be delivered end of 2016? Its being a corner plot location seems to be good.

Went to Siddha's office in Park Street on Saturday. They are expecting plans to be ready just before or after Durga Puja. 10-12 buildings are proposed, with likely G+14 escalation with 1600+ apartments. They were also giving 66K instant discount, however, I think that ends on 8th Sept, today. The DP price is 2400 at this moment if it can be afforded. Just a bit unsure about the Rajarhat road which is no more than a lane to be honest after the MAR junction. There are many experts here, Joydeep, Khan, Gharondabhai - would like to hear your advises please?
    CommentQuote
  • See ...right now condition of most of the projects in WB is like "Husband-wife relation 10 years after marriage" !!! Lots of issue will be there but You don't have realistic better choice with that budget .

All projects have cash crunch issue . If you are reading the Ideal Enclave thread , or current Vedic realty ..... Every one has huge cash scarcity because they have launched many projects parallel ...almost beyond their limit .

Same with Siddha group ....many project they launched ...same problem . This project name I am hearing for last one year at least on soft launch drama ( name might have changed ) !!!!! .....Other wise location is OK ...promoter is not cheater atleast .

But same analogy don't expect the same charm as new marriage . Once you book those you may not get good behavior . You can expect average delay of 2-3 years from the promise procession date , small issue in construction etc etc etc .

But again that is every one now ...except TATA , Godrej and Emami project I hope . They are running on time .

Siddha is OK over all along with location and price ....you can take a chance !!!! Bigger expert like G'Bhai , Joydeep , Sandip can throw some more lights here .
    CommentQuote
  • They said the name change is because there is Project named "Orchid Grandeur" somewhere around that place. Saw their agreement and they are taking the booking still in the name of Siddha Grandeur. I am expecting delays anyway. Khan bhai is right at the point - every project is delayed, Ideal Enclave 1 which they are promising by this year seems unlikely unless they do some sort of magic work - been there and still isn't nearly livable in the next 1 year it seemed.

Joydeep and others - anyone to shed any light on the DP scheme? This would seem profitable? Simple calculation says so - but wary of what I see going around in WB
    CommentQuote
  • Regarding their discount scheme, whenever you enquire they say its ending within 2 days. When first time I checked over the net, it was Aug 31, when visited their office it was 6th Sept, and now you reported it was 8th Sept. Not sure if they would extend it again or not.

Experts, I really need some suggestion on this. If I book the flat in pre-launch offer how would I know which size of flat having what facing I will get during allottment. Is there any standard rule wehn they allott the flats. What is the chance that they would consider our choices and priorities. If I simply look for investment purpose for 3 to 4 years how do you see the prospect of this project?

If I want to book below 3500/sqft what are my other options in rajarhar main road, noapara, new town adjacent area for investment purpose from where i can expect good return?

If there are more people interested for Siddha happyville or some other projects, I suggest to go together so that we can bargain, get the discount and get a better rate too. Please let me know if any such initiative is going on.
    CommentQuote
    Regarding their discount scheme, whenever you enquire they say its ending within 2 days. When first time I checked over the net, it was Aug 31, when visited their office it was 6th Sept, and now you reported it was 8th Sept. Not sure if they would extend it again or not.

Experts, I really need some suggestion on this. If I book the flat in pre-launch offer how would I know which size of flat having what facing I will get during allottment. Is there any standard rule wehn they allott the flats. What is the chance that they would consider our choices and priorities. If I simply look for investment purpose for 3 to 4 years how do you see the prospect of this project?

If I want to book below 3500/sqft what are my other options in rajarhar main road, noapara, new town adjacent area for investment purpose from where i can expect good return?

If there are more people interested for Siddha happyville or some other projects, I suggest to go together so that we can bargain, get the discount and get a better rate too. Please let me know if any such initiative is going on.

You can look at Green Heights, by Loharuka group or Purti Star, they are quoting 3600 or something around. I was very inclined towards Dream Palazzo, on 91 bus route, but dropped it, as the connector would complete God knows when. The builders around that area are showing the connector carrot for last 3 years not with much going on with the road itself. Mounthill Fussion is also just around that connector - but asking for 3750 there with average 3000 for that locality. Else there are smaller projects like Star Residency / Star Green on Raharhat Main Road, showering plethora of gifts at very reasonable prices. But I am not sure if they are good for resale after 4 years!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khan2012
    See ...right now condition of most of the projects in WB is like "Husband-wife relation 10 years after marriage" !!! Lots of issue will be there but You don't have realistic better choice with that budget .

All projects have cash crunch issue . If you are reading the Ideal Enclave thread , or current Vedic realty ..... Every one has huge cash scarcity because they have launched many projects parallel ...almost beyond their limit .

Same with Siddha group ....many project they launched ...same problem . This project name I am hearing for last one year at least on soft launch drama ( name might have changed ) !!!!! .....Other wise location is OK ...promoter is not cheater atleast .

But same analogy don't expect the same charm as new marriage . Once you book those you may not get good behavior . You can expect average delay of 2-3 years from the promise procession date , small issue in construction etc etc etc .

But again that is every one now ...except TATA , Godrej and Emami project I hope . They are running on time .

Siddha is OK over all along with location and price ....you can take a chance !!!! Bigger expert like G'Bhai , Joydeep , Sandip can throw some more lights here .

I Agree with Khan. Current market situation in not at all good, else you will not find so may discounts and freebies. Siddha, Vedic, Ideal are not a very old RE companies and if you see there Balance Sheet, you can find that they had over utilized there fund, apart for some big builders mention by Khan, even DLF and Unitech has fund problem.

My request to all RE friends is that, before you buy any property, you much check the basic approval like land title, floor, site,etc. Don't go for any time bound payment or 80:20 ratio, all will give you headaches.

Currently, try to get a flat which is RTM or resale, or a project that has been running in a good pace, pre-launch and soft-launch are quite risky.
    CommentQuote
  • I have couple of comments after reading this thread -

1. There was a great post from Gharondabhai about various stages within a project life cycle, just can't seem to find the link now. What we know as a 'soft launch' has been in practise for quite some time. In this stage, developers themselves play a 'Hot deals' type of bargain game with buyers/investors and more importantly, I have seen that project site plan etc are usually available at that stage. Only difference is that since they have no 'Govt Authority' approvals at that time, that's why, since you take that amount of risk, they provide such bargains. Also, since no one knows when these approvals will come, it might take a couple of months to 1 to 3 years, eventually leading to a VARIABLE life for soft launch period. It is 6th sept now, can 6 sept next year also.

So, I was quite confused when I read mou_das's post above where the questions are like - 'which flat', 'which direction facing' etc etc.

2. Now there is a stage even before 'soft launch', which is word of mouth stage. Mango people won't even have a clue, usually it is restricted to brokers/institutional investors. How is differs from soft launch is that the amount of risk increases even more. At this stage, there is no site plan, nothing else, forget about approvals. It is just the trust on the developer that these guys have. You can imagine that risk rewards are more than at soft launch stage.

3. Having clarified fundamentals here, as a buyer, we have to virtually be able to place ourselves and relate what amount of risk we can take. If it was 2003-05, I would have said - take the plunge. The failure rate was much lower. Today until around 2 years after general elections, things will be stagnant. Very few projects will be launched in my opinion and also demand will come down as well. This doesn't mean people no longer need homes, but they prefer to sit on sidelines and watch cautious-optimistically. The pent up demand will keep growing and burst as soon as tides change, hopefully after 2016 as reforms are actioned upon. Mango people will again find it difficult then due to some other reasons just like they find it difficult now.

Bottomline that is true for today -

1. If you need a home now to stay now or next 1 to 2 years, better look for ready to move or one nearing completion in next 6 months or so, rather than soft launch or even hard launched one. This is a good decision even if it means losing bucks on soft lauch prices.

2. If you are looking to stay after 5 to 6 years or looking for rental opportunities or only investment, and you have spare in your deep pockets, strike the best deal now as they will be hard to come by when pent up demand lets itself loose on the market.

I learnt a few other points burning my fingers -

1. If you are from Mango class (majority population from IT or other service industries included, sorry GenX members here) and if it is not for staying purpose but for investment and if it is Kolkata Macro market, then don't go beyond a 3000 to 3500/- psqft budget. Keep you buy value to around 30 lakhs even if it means compromising on carpet area in good location. Selling is a difficult art and mango people simply fail there as there holding capacity is much lower than TRUE investors - Institutional ones. If you have a budget of 60 lakhs, buy two small sized ones rather than one large one.

2. If it own stay, neighbourhood standard of living is very important.
    CommentQuote
    Regarding their discount scheme, whenever you enquire they say its ending within 2 days. When first time I checked over the net, it was Aug 31, when visited their office it was 6th Sept, and now you reported it was 8th Sept. Not sure if they would extend it again or not.

I have a case in point here. There is a certain project called Pather Panchali in Boral. There was a soft launch , a friend bought , the hard launch was like a year and half later with the initial plan drastically altered, still this guy couldn't get his choice of apartment , even being one of the early "early birds".So the dude withdrew his application and got the money back. Two and half years (after the soft launch), now.. he got his choice of flat , in the same project, and behold, at the same price (that of the soft launch!!), in the resale market.

So basically , I think soft launch is nothing but the builder's way of mobilising funds. The hard launch, as it were, might be an year later , a few years later or never ever, there are examples galore and you might or might not really be a gainer whatsoever just because you booked at the soft launch.

I would stay shy of any soft launches, specially in current market conditions,specially in this city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chefvikas
    I have a case in point here. There is a certain project called Pather Panchali in Boral. There was a soft launch , a friend bought , the hard launch was like a year and half later with the initial plan drastically altered, still this guy couldn't get his choice of apartment , even being one of the early "early birds".So the dude withdrew his application and got the money back. Two and half years (after the soft launch), now.. he got his choice of flat , in the same project, and behold, at the same price (that of the soft launch!!), in the resale market.

So basically , I think soft launch is nothing but the builder's way of mobilising funds. The hard launch, as it were, might be an year later , a few years later or never ever, there are examples galore and you might or might not really be a gainer whatsoever just because you booked at the soft launch.

I would stay shy of any soft launches, specially in current market conditions,specially in this city.

I agree about the point in case about the builders doing this for liquid funds which is really a problem. However, I would agree to disagree on the Pather Panchali example. Boral area is not comparable to Rajarhat area, in terms of expectation to appreciation of prices. Boral at this being spoken about because of the operational Garia metro, whereas Rajarhat is a New Town neighborhood, nearer to Sector 5 and the upcoming metro connectivity. Plus Rajarhat Chowmatha area is already a livable area with markets, plublic transport et. all.

So, yes, I am pretty wary of the delay factor, but I don't think prices would be stagnant or decline, unless we see a very bad recession, which could anyway mess up this sector for everybody really, even in the poshest of localities.
    CommentQuote
  • Initially I wanted buy some property which would server both purpose, investment plus if I want can stay there after few years. But now it seems that there are too much unknown factors for pre-launch/soft lauch/under construction flats if I go for mid-sized developers, not sure about the final product. If I can select big developers, that is too much investment and need to take loan, still some kind of anxiety will be there. For living purpose it seems ready to move in or resale flats are best, even if they are a bit costly, atleast you know where you are going to live.
    Now for investment purpose I would like to keep by budget under 30lacs ( can strech max upto 35 lacs) for a 2 bhk. Keeping in that mind, which area i should look into, E M Bypass extension or Rajarhat chowmatha (these two only will come in my budget I believe if i go for a big complex with all amenities? which can give me better appreciation you experts think?
    Checked one project Southwinds by Srijan and Primarc developers , dealing by NK Realtors, looks quite impressive. whats your take on this guys? they are quotion 2900/sqft, delivery June 2017 with 6 months f=grace period. i liked they have 20% loading only, where as most Rajarhat projcts have 25-30% loading which results in very small carpet area.
    Please share your views.
    I am hestitating about Siddha group as they have launched too many projcts in different arae and I have doubt how can they deliver those considering current economic slowdown, seems like they are only looking for liquid cash.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thehomebuyer
    I agree about the point in case about the builders doing this for liquid funds which is really a problem. However, I would agree to disagree on the Pather Panchali example. Boral area is not comparable to Rajarhat area, in terms of expectation to appreciation of prices. Boral at this being spoken about because of the operational Garia metro, whereas Rajarhat is a New Town neighborhood, nearer to Sector 5 and the upcoming metro connectivity. Plus Rajarhat Chowmatha area is already a livable area with markets, plublic transport et. all.

So, yes, I am pretty wary of the delay factor, but I don't think prices would be stagnant or decline, unless we see a very bad recession, which could anyway mess up this sector for everybody really, even in the poshest of localities.

There are plenty of examples of this happening in Rajarhat too.. there are resale available in Siddha for example at near to launch rates of 2 years back.. I accept that the two markets , that of boral and Rajarhat are different and therefore the price points are also different, the going rates in Boral are close to 1500-1600 psf , also all of Rajarhat is neither close to sector 5, nor to metro... Boral and the neighbourhood is livable, thickly populated and has been for a long time , so the comparisons are not really fair.
    In my view, the prices are set to be stagnant for a long time now, for most projects that are underconstruction, for the ones that are ready , livability will continue to be a problem, the unsold/unbooked inventory is staggering and increasing , overall pretty gloomy around now...
    CommentQuote
    There are plenty of examples of this happening in Rajarhat too.. there are resale available in Siddha for example at near to launch rates of 2 years back.. I accept that the two markets , that of boral and Rajarhat are different and therefore the price points are also different, the going rates in Boral are close to 1500-1600 psf , also all of Rajarhat is neither close to sector 5, nor to metro... Boral and the neighbourhood is livable, thickly populated and has been for a long time , so the comparisons are not really fair.
    In my view, the prices are set to be stagnant for a long time now, for most projects that are underconstruction, for the ones that are ready , livability will continue to be a problem, the unsold/unbooked inventory is staggering and increasing , overall pretty gloomy around now...

Vikas, do you know of any resale at that price happening atm, I would guess around 3000-3200 odd? It will be very kind of you if you know and pass the info. Recently, I really wanted to buy in Siddha Pinewoods (beside Ideal Enclave) but couldn't find a good priced one. A 3 BHK, the lowest I got an offer was of 54 (all inclusive), but that was like 20% beyond my max budget, but I guess if you know someone selling for that rate, I would like to make an offer, as that would fit in nicely for me. Hope to hear from you soon.
    CommentQuote
  • @thehomebuyer, I was approached by a friend, who is also a real estate agent , around a month back and was offered Siddha Pinewoods at Rs 2800 , with no service charge, it was actually cheaper than the launch price , ( but the brokerages of both sides was asked to be paid, obviously it was negotiable)the seller probably was just just overinvested in the point. You kindly forward me your personal email, I will get you in touch with him .
    CommentQuote
    @thehomebuyer, I was approached by a friend, who is also a real estate agent , around a month back and was offered Siddha Pinewoods at Rs 2800 , with no service charge, it was actually cheaper than the launch price , ( but the brokerages of both sides was asked to be paid, obviously it was negotiable)the seller probably was just just overinvested in the point. You kindly forward me your personal email, I will get you in touch with him .

@chefvikas, Is it safe to send the email here? Or there is any PM system in the site - couldn't find one!
    CommentQuote