Sort by :
Filter by :
- Originally Posted by babloo68Hi saikatgang;
Since I was looking for projects in Newtown area. Can u just confirm me whether the water logging issue has been solved or not? I've tried asking this question several times but I didn't get any response. Also I'm asking this becoz most of the agents tell me it's solved but when I checked online I found water logging photos posted there which were quite recent by the owners themselves. Also, I read somewhere in the posts of iref itself that's it's a problem due to the land relief features which cannot be corrected.
Hopefully I would get a reply this time.
I inquired from them during my last visit a week back and I have seen some work going on to connect the main drainage. I can't say for certain whether this is resolved now since we need to wait for another monsoon to check the situation. This is surely a concern for the future....the reason for water logging as I observed is due to the fact that the level of the project is lower than the main road and connecting drains are also flooding.
The only positive point is probably the water recedes pretty fast and do not log for longer period. Personally to me this is not a deal breaker in the present condition.CommentQuote0Flag
- Here is a letter from EGV flat owners to Sureka group on Aug 1st 2015.
EGV water logging problem has been highlighted many times in the past through telecon/discussions and GBMs, latest being the trailing mail sent to you on 27th July. Though Sureka team preferred to stay non-responsive, as in the past!!
In the month of July itself, we had about 5 such incidents of serious water logging. Issue has been raised many a times with FM and the only response was that the pumps are in operation. These pumps have proved to be futile on all such occasions.
Since yesterday evening, all roads leading to car parking and tower entries are inundated with rain water and deluge from neighborhood. Residents are unable to send their kids to school and approach the car parking. Mr Ranen Chaudhuri, VP, EGV Committee, had a discussion today morning with Sureka & Colliers team. He has also indicated the inadequacy of the pumps installed besides the design & layout faults.
However, they have assured that a working solution will be provided within 3 days. We need to know Sureka’s thoughts and plans for making our complex habitable.
Sureka is making tall claims of "New York in Newtown" but doing absolute nothing to resolve the problem which has the potential to make the complex uninhabitable. On the other hand, low cost Sukhobristi of Sapoorji remains unaffected. What an irony to call EGV a premier housing complex!
Mr Nagpal, all the owners and residents are asking for a GBM with participation from all stake holders to chalk out an efficient solution. We have been trying hard to bridge the gaps and make a lasting & supportive relationship between Sureka and EGV owners.
We expect a positive response from Sureka within three days, as indicated by Sureka reps at site, with a detail planning to solve this problem.
Trust we can depend on Sureka and need no further steps from our side to protect the EGV owners’ interest.CommentQuote1Flag
Thanks for updating. So as assured by them was any plan discussed with u or they are still trying to delay it furthere.CommentQuote0Flag
- I am not part of that Society so not sure about the latest status. saikatgang; can let us know the current status.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by abhic123I am not part of that Society so not sure about the latest status. saikatgang; can let us know the current status.
As I have seen during my last visit on 27th Sept. the preparation for construction already there...but can't say that construction is in full swing. I also understand from my discussion with Sureka, that the completion commitment for December 2018 holds good. In the agreement, they have a 6 months grace period.CommentQuote0Flag
- I was asking about water logging. Has any plan been discussed with EGV society members and appropriate actions have started or it is still pending? I'm not too worried about construction duration as I can wait for 3-4 years.
- Originally Posted by babloo68I was asking about water logging. Has any plan been discussed with EGV society members and appropriate actions have started or it is still pending? I'm not too worried about construction duration as I can wait for 3-4 years.
No, sorry no further update about the water logging issue that I'm aware. As I mentioned earlier that the current situation that I have seen isn't a deal breaker for me....and neither I'm a member of the EGV society yet to pursue the thing aggressively.CommentQuote0Flag
- My question is , does this area around MAHISHBATHAN get waterlogged during the rainy season ?CommentQuote0Flag