Dear All,

I am considering buying a resale flat in Unitech Vista. The seller is asking about 57-58L (including car parking) for a flat on 7th Floor, super built-up area of 925 sq. ft. The tower is completed and handed over.

Does this look like a reasonable price?

Thanks.
Sushil
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Kindly advice, I need to make a decision :/
    CommentQuote
  • Considering 4L towards garage, it comes to about 5700 per sft. It is a bit high IMHO. But then 2BHKs have premium in the resale market. A 3BHK will come at 5300 psft probably.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sushil86
    Dear All,

I am considering buying a resale flat in Unitech Vista. The seller is asking about 57-58L (including car parking) for a flat on 7th Floor, super built-up area of 925 sq. ft. The tower is completed and handed over.

Does this look like a reasonable price?

Thanks.
    Sushil

FWIW and IMHO, RE purchases always seem expensive when we go ahead to buy.. But few years down the line ( thanks to cartelization, price fixing, artificial demand etc etc) the prices seem to be higher so if someone is planning for end use , identify the one which you can see urself living for a long time, bargain a bit and move it.. few 100's here or there will always be there and u will always find someone telling I can get u for xx rs less..
    If for investment purpose.. hmmm.. then I would start thinking considering the price and RE situation in Kolkata..

Few months back, a relative was on the verge of buying in Vistas.. IIRC, the price asked was about 4.6 - 4.8k psf.. they didnt want to live but buy for investment.. the deal broke down because of Rs 1.5L difference in the final expected price..Now if u say the price is 5.7k then they lost out BUT in hindsight everything is simple..
    Maybe they invested somewhere else and got a tax free return of 20% ( who knows ;) )..
    CommentQuote
  • Vista carries a premium as it offers an opportunity to acquire property at UW City at the lowest price point. If your purchase is for end use, you can opt. If its for investment, you can look for alternative options.
    CommentQuote
  • I think in that same price u can get Fresco also, have a look.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Debeswar,

Thank you for your input.

Dear AbhiCCU,

Thank you for the reply. This house will be for my parents to live, albeit, after 2 years. The next 2 years I will probably rent it out. We want to secure a property in this area because of our entire family connections being in this area. Hence, want to buy before the prices go beyond reach. I am not worried if the prices fall, we will be living here for at least next 5-7 years.

Dear sumanb,

Thank you for the info. Yes, it seems that this is the most inexpensive property in Unitech, although I am struggling to fund it :/ As already mentioned, this will be for my family to live.

Dear sandipRC,

I was told that Unitech Fresco is under construction. Since this property will be for end use, I am reluctant to go for under construction properties. Stories of builders delaying projects endlessly have made me wary of under construction properties. I cannot afford to risk my savings. I am happy to look at other projects which are similar or better quality in New Town, safe neighborhood, with decent infra and under 60 lakhs. I cannot stretch my budget by even a rupee beyond 60L :/
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All,

Although I was ready to go for this property, the broker informed me that the particular flat that we had seen (we see Vaastu) is not available.

So my search continues......

My mother likes tower 4 and 5 location 1 flats....I hope I find one soon....Since she will be the one living in it, I have to buy according to her choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All,

I am now considering a 2BHK in Cascade. It is more expensive then what I could afford but since I don't have to pay the registration/stamp duty until 1 year, since the possession is expected in 6-12 months, I am able to go for it.

The seller is asking for 67L for 1475 sq. ft. this excludes the 5% (last installment) due to the builder at the time of possession.

Can you guys please guide me on this?

Thank you so much for your time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sushil86

Thank you for the reply. This house will be for my parents to live, albeit, after 2 years. The next 2 years I will probably rent it out. We want to secure a property in this area because of our entire family connections being in this area. Hence, want to buy before the prices go beyond reach. I am not worried if the prices fall, we will be living here for at least next 5-7 years.

Dear sandipRC,

I was told that Unitech Fresco is under construction. Since this property will be for end use, I am reluctant to go for under construction properties. Stories of builders delaying projects endlessly have made me wary of under construction properties. I cannot afford to risk my savings. I am happy to look at other projects which are similar or better quality in New Town, safe neighborhood, with decent infra and under 60 lakhs. I cannot stretch my budget by even a rupee beyond 60L :/

As you want for end use, you should go and freeze any property which u and ur family like..Prices usually don't fall though they may remain stagnant so for end users not a problem..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi. What is the ongoing price of a 3BHK in unitech vistas in kolkata. I am planning to buy 1
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All !
    @dwaipayan83
    Me too was looking for a ready to move in apartment in New Town AAIII;
    My property Agent@proptiger forwarded me the following
    Resale package prices of the following Apartments:

DLF New Town Heights,3BHK+2T (SBU 1,521 sq ft) Price@70.00 lacs

DLF New Town Heights,2BHK+2T (SBU 1,277 sq ft) Price@57.00 lacs

DLF New Town Heights, 3BHK+3T (SBU 1,838 sq ft) Price@85.00 lacs

DLF New Town Heights 3BHK+3T (SBU 2,010 sq ft) Price@1.00 crs

DLF New Town Heights,3BHK+4T (SBU 2,107 sq ft) Price@95.00 lacs

Unitech, Vistas, 3BHK+2T (SBU 1,226 sq ft) Price@76.00 lacs

Unitech Vistas, 2BHK+2T (SBU 956 sq ft) Price@55.00 lacs

Unitech Vistas,2BHK+2T (SBU 956 sq ft) Price@60.00 lacs

Unitech Vistas,3BHK+2T (SBU 1,226 sq ft) Price@73.00 lacs

Unitech Vistas,3BHK+2T (SBU 1,226 sq ft) Price@70.00 lacs

Unitech Vistas,2BHK+2T (SBU 956 sq ft) -956 Price@57.00 lacs

*PS: All prices are inclusive of Covered Parking & all other Extra Charges.
    All prices are Negotiable.

My preference list had Elita Garden Vista also; But owing to it's size
    (phase I 3BHK@1809 SBU minimum size) not sufficing my budget of 70 lacs.
    Unitech being a highly delayed project yet their "Ready to move in's" demands a premium;
    Presently their under construction Resale properties can be availed at a
    much cheaper rate(As low as 3.5-3.8 K's).

Opinions from people residing in the Area & Experts are Welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
    CommentQuote