Dear experts,

Read in Anandabazar newspaper today about the project Sanhita being developed by Simoco Infrastructure. The price they are offerring are as below
1 BHK - 451 SqFt - 7,20,390
2 BHK - 14,74,000
3 BHK - 17,74,890

This is located on the east of the Eastern Link Highway, behind the New Town Heights on an extension of the Bagjola canal. The area at the moment has no connectivity, the roads are extremely poor and is about 6 minutes drive from New Town Heights / Sukhobrishti. My questions are;
1. I would primarily be buying here for investment. Would it be a good buy at this price considering I would sell it only after 10 years or so?
2. Is Simoco Infrastructure a well known name in the realty sector. I have not heard of them much earlier. Would seek your advice.
3. What is the general mood regarding that locality?

The per square feet price is coming roughly around 1700. I am not sure if that is a good buy at this area? Please suggest.
Read more
533 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I would presume a good buy, but if you are going for your second home or part investment then I do not think there is any chance of going wrong here. I am opting for 2 BHK lottery model and not the preferred model of paying 1 Lakh upfront since I have not seen the name Simoco much in this sector but still worth trying for. Also the form selling process is better than shaporji shukhobrishti, they came at office doorstep to sell forms.

I looked at the map and it is indeed an alien place as of this moment, close to the Leather Complex, roads will be pathetic

However my rationale is that in this price I cannot get any flat elsewhere and real estate prices are overhyped nowadays
    CommentQuote
  • Experts,

Even I am interested in a 3 BHK lottery mode. Kindly provide your feedback about the project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bong14
    I would presume a good buy, but if you are going for your second home or part investment then I do not think there is any chance of going wrong here. I am opting for 2 BHK lottery model and not the preferred model of paying 1 Lakh upfront since I have not seen the name Simoco much in this sector but still worth trying for. Also the form selling process is better than shaporji shukhobrishti, they came at office doorstep to sell forms.

I looked at the map and it is indeed an alien place as of this moment, close to the Leather Complex, roads will be pathetic

However my rationale is that in this price I cannot get any flat elsewhere and real estate prices are over-hyped nowadays

Hello,

Are they providing upfront payment option of booking the flat.Kindly give some more detail about it as I am interested in a 3 BHK flat in Sanhita.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gazala
    Hello,

Are they providing upfront payment option of booking the flat.Kindly give some more detail about it as I am interested in a 3 bhk flat in Sanhita.....

I believe there is one option of paying 1 Lakh by 12th March if you want to avoid lottery if that is what you are asking for. Delivery is by 2016-17. At this point this is a blind buy.

visit Sanhita.net if you want further details without purchasing the brochure.
    CommentQuote
  • Got some more information, Simoco does not seem to have much previous reputation in real estate sector. Also this plot is not under the purview of HIDCO although similar projects like Shukhobrishti are under HIDCO. Plan to visit the site once day and see for myself how "bad" the place is at present before submitting the form.
    CommentQuote
  • Interesting offer, 2000+ units @1700 per SqFf rate. But the partners involved have doubtful credentials. Did a bit of web search, nothing positive came up: " Simoco Systems & Infrastructure Solutions Limited" in Just-dial is a laptop repair company located in Bhubaneshwar. Architect PRAKALPA currently does only interior decoration and landscaping. All the five odd marketing partners are looking like fly-by-night operators. Daffodils Capital deals in fisheries and poultry.

However hard I try to find a positive about the entire thing, I fail.
    Usha Uthup's endorsement also given no credential. Getting reminded of Sachin's endorsement of Home Trade.

Information provided in brochure and website are incomplete:
    1) what is date of lottery?
    2) what is the "reputed" law firm who will be doing the lottery?
    3) where to physically submit the form?
    4) does the site fall in shallow marshy land, RAMSAR site, etc. Land clearance details.

2000+ units, even if number of application received is 2000, total collection would be 5 crore.

Proposition and offering is good at that price, but, I need more confidence regarding the credentials before I apply.

Any help !!
    CommentQuote
  • Guys... I find something good about the architect:- Prakalpa Megacity - Architect Profile

But still... doubt is there... it can be a jackpot or can be a disaster like some recents.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandipm
    Interesting offer, 2000+ units @1700 psf rate. But the partners involved have doubtful credentials. Did a bit of web search, nothing positive came up: " Simoco Systems & Infrastructure Solutions Limited" in Justdial is a laptop repair company located in Bhubaneshwar. Architect PRAKALPA currently does only interior decoration and landscaping. All the five odd marketing partners are looking like fly-by-night operators. Daffodils Capital deals in fisheries and poultry.

However hard I try to find a positive about the entire thing, I fail.
    Usha Uthup's endorsement also given no credential. Getting reminded of Sachin's endorsement of Home Trade.

Information provided in brochure and website are incomplete:
    1) what is date of lottery?
    2) what is the "reputed" law firm who will be doing the lottery?
    3) where to physically submit the form?
    4) does the site fall in shallow marshy land, RAMSAR site, etc. Land clearance details.

2000+ units, even if number of application received is 2000, total collection would be 5 crore.

Proposition and offering is good at that price, but, I need more confidence regarding the credentials before I apply.

Any help !!

I agree, credibility is doubtful and the existing businesses did not go well.

Land clearance details, date of lottery, form submission details etc have to be verified from the office in sec 5.

No point falling for endorsments of any kind, even our "dada" sourav ganguly, however if it is your money at the end of the day, it is your job to do the ground work before proceeding rather than relying on opinion of others. Hence curently planning to do some further fact finding.
    CommentQuote
  • I was interested in the projet, but the map given in the website is totally out of scale. When I compare it with google maps, I see the project location (Sadhuli, West Bengal) is more than 10 km from the Uniworld City project and located in a very remote area. I was also not able to understand how far will be the Eastern Link Highway from the project location. I have attached some screen shot for your comments.

You can see a better version of the maps at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwd8_0wvG4rwa1Y1bTN6WkMxSjQ/edit?usp=sharing
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Friends, I have not investigated this much, but my two cents. Pl check whether the area falls under East Kolkata Wet Lands Act or not? If yes, it will have the same fate as other doomed plotted land projects in that locality. Looking at the map, my hunch is that it really falls into that Act and hence, very difficult to get past any Govt Agency approvals... Pl check and let know in this forum....
    CommentQuote
  • Not in wetllands area

Hi Joydeep, you raised a very valid question. Upon your suggestion, I immediately searched for the website of east kolkata wetlands and found their website EKWMA and looked up their map.

EKWMA

I had a tough time matching the wetlands map with wikimapia but ultimately i was able to clear my doubts. The Sanhita project is in Saduli which is above the Bagjola canal, whereas East Kolkata Wetlands is only below the canal on its eastern corner. So at least Wetlands Act will not be a problem here. Thanks again for alerting everyone !
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Remote location, not for faint hearted!

Ujjal, you are right. The map is misleading. Today we went and checked out the site and found it is located extremely eastwards, with nothing except fields everywhere. The site is located in Saduli (or Sadulia on some maps). On the South Side, it faces the narrow road along Bagjola canal, means South side is canal facing. .

This investment is not for the faint hearted or those in a hurry. You have to invest and forget this for at least 10 years. Only comforting things is payment period is 3 years and I think they will take longer than that as there is presently nothing around there. So you do not have to dig deep into your savings or take a loan to buy this flat.... simply keep earning and keep paying the installments... LOL.

Here is how to reach there: Entering Rajarhat from sector V, cross New Town, keep going south-east along Major Arterial Road, cross Unitech Infospace, cross Arts Acre (the white-domed Bengal Modern Art gallery), keep going ...going... you will see on right side of road signboards for ITC Infotech, Infosys, keep going.... until you reach dead end, a tyre repair shop on the corner, then turn left until you reach a canal bridge. Immediately after bridge turn right and follow the narrow road along canal. Welcome to the bumpy, dusty countryside! Due to poor road condition, it takes long time. Keep going, going.... then comes Sadulia-Kashipur crossing, there is a hardware shop, you are still not there. If you are lucky, you will find locals wearing bright Sanhita T-shirts sitting at tea shop to guide you. Otherwise keep going further straight, say 1-2 kilometers more and at the site also there is NO signboard. The company has stationed a few locals at the site wearing Sanhita T-shirts, that is the only way to identify the spot!

That's it..

This investment is not for the faint hearted or those in a hurry. You have to invest and forget this for at least 10 years. Only comforting things is payment period is 3 years and I think they will take longer than that as there is presently nothing around there. So you do not have to dig deep into your savings or take a loan to buy this flat.... simply keep earning and keep paying the installments... LOL.

Here is how to reach there: Entering Rajarhat from sector V, cross New Town, keep going south-east along Major Arterial Road, cross Unitech Infospace, cross Arts Acre (the white-domed Bengal Modern Art gallery), keep going ...going... you will see on right side of road signboards for ITC Infotech, Infosys, keep going.... until you reach dead end, a tyre repair shop on the corner, then turn left until you reach a canal bridge. Immediately after bridge turn right and follow the narrow road along canal. Welcome to the bumpy, dusty countryside! Due to poor road condition, it takes long time. Keep going, going.... then comes Sadulia-Kashipur crossing, there is a hardware shop, you are still not there. If you are lucky, you will find locals wearing bright Sanhita T-shirts sitting at tea shop to guide you. Otherwise keep going further straight, say 1-2 kilometers more and at the site also there is NO signboard. The company has stationed a few locals at the site wearing Sanhita T-shirts, that is the only way to identify the spot!

That's it.
    CommentQuote
  • Simoco Systems & Infrastructure Solutions Ltd.

This seems to be the first project of this company Simoco Systems & Infrastructure Solutions. They do not have any website.

The only website is specifically for Sanhita project (Sanhita.net) and the other 2 websites Simoco - Home (telecom) and Simoco Telecommunication (software) have nothing to do with real estate.

This makes potential investors suspicious. If the builders want to attract more buyers, it should give more details about the infrastructure company and who are its owners.

Simoco is no doubt an established brand in telecommunications. Presently, they have an office in Godrej Genesis building. But this building itself looks under-construction and the Simoco office though big but looks like just opened with no permanent signboards.

All these factors will surely go against this project. Upon talking with their representatives at the office, we were told that they have built previous projects in other towns in WB like Burdwan, etc. If so, they should have updated at least those details on the Sanhita website.

At the bottom of Sanhita website, one can see names of the project partners. One of them is Century21Realty. Upon going to their website via Google, their projects list nowhere mentions Sanhita! However, when I phoned on their number, they confirmed that yes they were involved in this project but I think he used the word "as advisers or consultants," not sure.

If you are thinking of investing here, it might be a good idea to also visit Century21 office and ask them about above points.
    CommentQuote
  • ElliotRoad1 - Thanks much for such a detailed study on this project and sharing with everyone so well.
    CommentQuote
  • Eastern Link Highway??

Where the eff is this Eastern Link Highway shown on the project map? Google says ELH is a proposed road supposed to connect Barasat to Raichak (according to wbidc.com and wikipedia)! But presently there is no sign of it!

According to Sanhita site map, ELH seems to correspond to the present narrow Natapukur Road shown on satellite map. Far cry from a highway.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • gmashoke1 years ago
      Sanhita flat tentative delivery date in extended delivery schedule.
      Simmoco inform us promtly for demand of payment in time but never inform us the firm delivery date of flat