Dear experts,

Read in Anandabazar newspaper today about the project Sanhita being developed by Simoco Infrastructure. The price they are offerring are as below
1 BHK - 451 SqFt - 7,20,390
2 BHK - 14,74,000
3 BHK - 17,74,890

This is located on the east of the Eastern Link Highway, behind the New Town Heights on an extension of the Bagjola canal. The area at the moment has no connectivity, the roads are extremely poor and is about 6 minutes drive from New Town Heights / Sukhobrishti. My questions are;
1. I would primarily be buying here for investment. Would it be a good buy at this price considering I would sell it only after 10 years or so?
2. Is Simoco Infrastructure a well known name in the realty sector. I have not heard of them much earlier. Would seek your advice.
3. What is the general mood regarding that locality?

The per square feet price is coming roughly around 1700. I am not sure if that is a good buy at this area? Please suggest.
Read more
Reply
533 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • location & layout of 3bhk does not look good at all may be that's what we should expect at 1700/sqft
    CommentQuote
  • So guys, what's the verdict - a go or no-go? Time flying fast :-)

    Also, from an investment perspective, which one suits best among 1, 2 and 3 BHK? 1 BHK has no 4 wheeler parking. My Investment window - 3-5 years.

    1 BHK - 451 sqft - 7,20,390 INR
    2 BHK - 734 sqft - 14,74,000 INR
    3 BHK - 916 sqft - 17,74,890 INR
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by naamnei
    So guys, what's the verdict - a go or no-go? Time flying fast :-)

    Also, from an investment perspective, which one suits best among 1, 2 and 3 BHK? 1 BHK has no 4 wheeler parking. My Investment window - 3-5 years.

    1 BHK - 451 sqft - 7,20,390 INR
    2 BHK - 734 sqft - 14,74,000 INR
    3 BHK - 916 sqft - 17,74,890 INR


    Regarding the pricing, in the terms and conditions it is specified that cost of a 3BHK with 4 wheeler parking and corpus deposit is actually 16.37 L and not 14.74 L. Refer page 26 on this link Sanhita.net . Add another 25,000 for club. Also if you look at the payment schedule on the same page, withing 45 days of allotment you need to pay close to 6 lakhs, so I think we cannot completely stay away from bank loans. The per sq feet rate is finally coming for 2BHK at around 2230 rupees.

    On the location, they have advertised 15 mins drive from Chingrihata fly over, however it takes may be just 15 mins to only reach unitech infospace in a traffic less condition, so I doubt if there will be any alternate route. Looks like from South Kolkata / Ruby we can be better off taking the Basanti highway past leather complex at bantala. But cannot make out anything concrete as of now.

    Also seems many folks are opting 1 BHK here, but if there are numerous applications indeed then the cost of 1 BHK will not

    Also on page 16 of the form it is specified that if I opt for the lottery and later on decide to back out, I can do so by paying a penalty of 30% over the application charges which is around 30% of 20,000, i.e 6,000 INR so if we think that we need more time then can we not go via this route as well? Doubts, doubts, doubts .....

    Seems there are more 2BHKS than 1 and 3 BHKs in this project so the probability to get through the lottery is more in case of 2 BHK. However if the general sentiment of onvesters (us :)) continues to be like this then everyone applying may get through the lottery by default :)

    Better option can be to wait for Shukhobrishti 3 :) although I am open to more debate, many other projects (reliable ones) have that LIG, MIG, HIG concept which this did not have.
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion Hiland Greens offer much more value compared to this. Its a reputed builder with a credible plan at a better location at a similar price point. This is much less risky option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumanb
    In my opinion Hiland Greens offer much more value compared to this. Its a reputed builder with a credible plan at a better location at a similar price point. This is much less risky option.


    I think the selling point of Sanhita and similar projects is the proximity to IT Hub where people do not live by the bound 9 to 6 office hours. So an hour saving in daily commute time becomes are lot which these builders try to exploit. Would be curious to know which hiland project you are talking about, close to IT hub will be great but nevertheless.
    CommentQuote
  • Looking into following points:

    1. Close to IT sector
    2. Developing Action Area III

    does going with Sanhita will not benefit you in next 10 years?

    From my opinion, IT sector guys will get more benefit from Sanhita rather from Pailan/Baruipur/Maheshtala looking into Traffic jam. What is your opinion?

    Also as action area III is growing, may be Sadhuli area will also be developed in next 5-10 years. What do you suggest?

    Can we say Sadhuli is old Rajarhat or my opinion is wrong?

    Please comment....
    CommentQuote
  • Based upon the information posted by forumers there are too many unknowns in this project. The location is also too futiristics with limited current & planned infrastructure (it is not on the main toad but actually 2-3 kms further inside!). If the time horizon is 10 yrs better to wait for a better project. New Town is huge and am sure there will be plenty of Projects within 2-3 kms of its boundary.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by malughosh
    location & layout of 3bhk does not look good at all may be that's what we should expect at 1700/sqft



    Where did u get to check details like layout and all???sanhita website???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gazala
    Where did u get to check details like layout and all???sanhita website???


    It is on the brochure in case you bought it for 200 / -
    CommentQuote
  • Layout/Master Plan

    Originally Posted by gazala
    Where did u get to check details like layout and all???sanhita website???


    Hi Gazala,

    By layout if you mean the master plan, then it is given on this link:
    Sanhita.net

    http://sanhita.net/masterplan.php
    CommentQuote
  • This post seems to be very fast moving..1st post on 6th March.. 26th already..
    hmmm...
    CommentQuote
  • Sanhita is also giving ad in many place, may be this project will be a success (may not also). But what is the consequences/disadvantages if someone want to live in this project after 4 years?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sam1984
    Sanhita is also giving ad in many place, may be this project will be a success (may not also). But what is the consequences/disadvantages if someone want to live in this project after 4 years?



    Sam1984, I feel 4 years is a very short time for this area to develop. It will take much longer to become inhabitable. It is a long-term game. Fill it, shut it, forget it. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumanb
    Based upon the information posted by forumers there are too many unknowns in this project. The location is also too futiristics with limited current & planned infrastructure (it is not on the main toad but actually 2-3 kms further inside!). If the time horizon is 10 yrs better to wait for a better project. New Town is huge and am sure there will be plenty of Projects within 2-3 kms of its boundary.


    Suman, agree on most of your points. But Sanhita have kept the rates quite low. Upon going through online property sites, presently, I could not find such low rates around New Town, even 2-3 km outside New Town. Of course, those who have actually done some field work or actually contacted property agents in that area will have better idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Water quality

    Can anyone provide an idea about water quality around this area or Rajarhat in general? Of course, no one expects municipal water line in such remote area!!!

    I hope the ground / boring water in these areas is not as bad as Christopher Road or Topsia.
    CommentQuote