Dear experts,

Read in Anandabazar newspaper today about the project Sanhita being developed by Simoco Infrastructure. The price they are offerring are as below
1 BHK - 451 SqFt - 7,20,390
2 BHK - 14,74,000
3 BHK - 17,74,890

This is located on the east of the Eastern Link Highway, behind the New Town Heights on an extension of the Bagjola canal. The area at the moment has no connectivity, the roads are extremely poor and is about 6 minutes drive from New Town Heights / Sukhobrishti. My questions are;
1. I would primarily be buying here for investment. Would it be a good buy at this price considering I would sell it only after 10 years or so?
2. Is Simoco Infrastructure a well known name in the realty sector. I have not heard of them much earlier. Would seek your advice.
3. What is the general mood regarding that locality?

The per square feet price is coming roughly around 1700. I am not sure if that is a good buy at this area? Please suggest.
Read more
533 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • this is funny

I am surprised to see that most of the people giving 'expert advice' here are NOT an investor (at least past few threads prove the same). I am an investor, already paid forty percent, and I know that project might be delayed, but I am continuously in touch with their office, and I know, they will not run away. Out of two thousand plus investors, do we even have ten percent here? Or all of you are simply trying to 'play' from outside?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumar24x7
    I am surprised to see that most of the people giving 'expert advice' here are NOT an investor (at least past few threads prove the same). I am an investor, already paid forty percent, and I know that project might be delayed, but I am continuously in touch with their office, and I know, they will not run away. Out of two thousand plus investors, do we even have ten percent here? Or all of you are simply trying to 'play' from outside?

Nothing to be surprised. We people did our part of research to get to a decision of not investing here.I didn't want to run after people after investing my hard earned money just to get a consolation that they won't flee with my money.If you are in continuous touch with their office atleast you should provide some solid information to fellow investors either here or in whatsapp group. That will calm the nerves of many of them.

I am just curious how are you so sure that they have 1000+ investors. Is that you heard from their office or you have any other source for this info?

I hope you don't take this post of me in a negative sense
    CommentQuote
  • If someone has any issue, they should either contact the builder, or to police... discussing here, or in a whats app group of ten people (many of members are not investors) is not going to solve any such issue.

And, I am laughing, when you asked about how do I know the number of their investors. On their website, there is list of thousand of allottees, and I do not have any reason not to believe them, because i had never found even a single person, even in this thread, whose name is there, and he claimed to have NOT invested there. Even if we assume that ten percent did not invested, then also it is a big number.

I had been to their office, several times, and each time, I found many other people there, and they had provided two phone numbers, for assistance. Both mobile numbers are always answered. My payment receipt was sent by courier, as requested, and work has been started already. They said delay was due to delay in taking permissions, so what's wrong? Why should I think negative, delays happen, its part of business.

And, like I said, if anyone has issues, they should goto Police station, people here can't help... Again, only one person here claimed that case was filed, but he did not had any details, and he did not provided his correct name either. Why should I trust him?
    CommentQuote
  • Kumar,
    ★ Why are u so angry? Some one discussing on some issue, does it mean he has to have book in that property?
    ★ Every one here is in favor of possible affected buyers only. Are you seeing anything wrong here? Do not ignore anyone's suggestion, they may have past experience.
    ★ You are directly asking people to go to PS to complain, but I would say discussions are required, people have many useful experiences.
    ★ Thousands of lottery allotted list does not mean all have booked here. Also those who booked may not be in this forum, many people do not have internet or no time to discuss digitally here.
    ★ You told "They said delay was due to delay in taking permissions, so what's wrong? Why should I think negative, delays happen, its part of business." - Why u are sympathy towards builder? Why buyers will suffer for builder's delay ? So many people are paying rent, struggling to get installment money. This is wrong and you should always oppose such kind of business.
    ★ You told you have trust they will not run away taking your money, that is ur personal belief. Thousand of Bengal people had same trust for other chit fund companies also. Reality is different. We should be aware and continuously validate as much as possible, no blind belief.
    Do not take this post as negative sense.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey, I am not angry with you, or anyone, and why should I…? Everyone has right to discuss anything. What I am telling is, this thread is ON for past one year, but does anyone’s problem got solved? NO… And trust me, if they do not have courage to complain, it will not be solved, even if they discuss here for another 10 years.

I am just telling that if someone has some serious issue, he/she should get out of virtual world, and face it in reality, and start legal action.

I am also in Business, and I do understand that Government paperwork maybe delayed. if you seek compensation from Builder for that delay, you need to contact them, no one here will offer any compensation. But again, like I said, they need to start legal process, discussion won’t help.

I was checking history of this company at Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ website, their parent company {SIMOCO TELECOMMUNICATIONS (SOUTH ASIA) LIMITED} is in business since 1979, and I have no reason to believe that they will run away, when they can actually complete the project, and earn good money (in long run) and reputation. If you think this 36 years old company, having good presence in IT/Telecom sector is willing to run away, then…
    CommentQuote
  • Join US --> We are planning to meet them

We are planning to meet them soon in a group with all our queries (with legal advisor - if required), If anyone interested to contribute ur effort, join us , send a message to with ur phone number ..

We are 13 already , and all are investors, But need more people with us to meet them ..

Those who believe them can join us to confirm ur belief even more, those who does not have trust anymore may find positive things to start trusting them or can find ways to united people to fight against them (in case of wrong things, we discovered)

Simply discussing here will not help anymore ..
    CommentQuote
  • @kumar24X7,

Investors invests with a good hope. I too hoped that everything would go smoothly (Look at my initial posts). But this thread is a eye-opener for me. I never started with disbelieving Simoco. But now I do not get any answar if I ask them -

1) Why they claimed the project is HDFC approved during last year Feb-March 2014 ?
    2) Can they show me a sanctioned plan (not only for ground floor, but for G+7 & G+4) ?
    3) Why the dag no# & other legal details are not present in Agreement ? Aren't they done with amalgamation (merging all dag# to a single dag#)?
    4) If master plan is not sactioned why they are forcing us to sign Agreement paper ?

I wish this project gets completed successfully. But I do not know what is in their mind. I do not trust them, because they lied to me.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sdebnath
    @kumar24X7,

Investors invests with a good hope. I too hoped that everything would go smoothly (Look at my initial posts). But this thread is a eye-opener for me. I never started with disbelieving Simoco. But now I do not get any answar if I ask them -

1) Why they claimed the project is HDFC approved during last year Feb-March 2014 ?
    2) Can they show me a sanctioned plan (not only for ground floor, but for G+7 & G+4) ?
    3) Why the dag no# & other legal details are not present in Agreement ? Aren't they done with amalgamation (merging all dag# to a single dag#)?
    4) If master plan is not sactioned why they are forcing us to sign Agreement paper ?

I wish this project gets completed successfully. But I do not know what is in their mind. I do not trust them, because they lied to me.

Nice to see that you have questions, so, my question is, why are you asking these here. Do you think, anyone here can answer these questions? Ask them (the builder), or simply goto Police Station...
    CommentQuote
    Nice to see that you have questions, so, my question is, why are you asking these here. Do you think, anyone here can answer these questions? Ask them (the builder), or simply goto Police Station...

You said you are in regular contact with builder. Can't you help fellow investors with these info if you already have? As you are positive about the I believe you already collected some info from builder.
    You are suggesting people to go to police station against builder but trust me that will not help the investors.
    CommentQuote
  • He or anyone can call Simoco to get answers, and if they are not answering, he can choose second option... You, me, or any other person here does not have any authority to answer on behalf of the builder.

Yes, I trust them, and whoever is saying that they do not trust, is basically wasting their time (they should take refund). I have a 2bhk booked with them, paid 40% (+service tax) already. If someone wants to see agreement or payment receipt, I can show the same.

I am not a lawyer, so I can't comment on permissions, or technical terminology, but they told me that they started signing agreements, only after they got clearance. If someone has issues, you may ask them for such documents. They even asked me if I need to get it financed (some bank is doing it), since I did not needed, I said so...

Other than delay, there is nothing, which makes me doubt about them. And, in business, delays are not a rare thing...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sdebnath
    Even they switched off their tollfree no - 1800-2000-104, not geting them since last week.

Yes it is switched off. I think there must be some other number where 1 buyer is able to contact them.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anirban8
    Yes it is switched off. I think there must be some other number where 1 buyer is able to contact them.

You may call them at (033) 4004 9900 and there was a mobile number on that letter they sent (for service tax payment), that number works.
    CommentQuote
  • @Kumar24x7

Can we meet. and if possible also bring the Photocopy of the agreement and Payment receipts. I am not asking you to do so to show that I don't believe you. I believe you and I can understand your positivism. Even I want the project to go in a positive way so that it sees its completion. But, again to begin with the complete story from the malpractices during Lottery to till date, approval from Banks, i couldn't see any positive vibes into the project.
    - Their office is still under construction
    - They still don't have any 1 concrete person to answer the queries
    - You ask them for a site visit with them, they denies
    - You ask for the proper property documents, they say it is still in progress
    - construction work is too slow to complete the project by 2017, etc, etc.

Amidst, this you have come here to show a ray of hope to other people. I appreciate this, really appreciable. So can you please extend your help and positivism and meet at your convenient place and time so that others can also join and we can discuss it further.

Lets meet somewhere near their office, Karunamoyee Salt Lake, College More Sec V, Technopolish Sec V, New Town DLF IT Park, Narkelbagan near HIDCO Office New Town, New Town Police Station, etc.

Now, please don't say that you don't stay in Kolkata or suburban and won't be able to meet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by barackobama1
    @Kumar24x7

Can we meet. and if possible also bring the Photocopy of the agreement and Payment receipts. I am not asking you to do so to show that I don't believe you. I believe you and I can understand your positivism. Even I want the project to go in a positive way so that it sees its completion. But, again to begin with the complete story from the malpractices during Lottery to till date, approval from Banks, i couldn't see any positive vibes into the project.
    - Their office is still under construction
    - They still don't have any 1 concrete person to answer the queries
    - You ask them for a site visit with them, they denies
    - You ask for the proper property documents, they say it is still in progress
    - construction work is too slow to complete the project by 2017, etc, etc.

Amidst, this you have come here to show a ray of hope to other people. I appreciate this, really appreciable. So can you please extend your help and positivism and meet at your convenient place and time so that others can also join and we can discuss it further.

Lets meet somewhere near their office, Karunamoyee Salt Lake, College More Sec V, Technopolish Sec V, New Town DLF IT Park, Narkelbagan near HIDCO Office New Town, New Town Police Station, etc.

Now, please don't say that you don't stay in Kolkata or suburban and won't be able to meet.

Hi,

There is one Mr. Chatterjee there, you may call/meet him, he asked me to visit site. When exactly do they denied it to you? Had you recently visited their office?

Yes, Construction work is very slow, for sure :( and project is definitely going to be delayed, at this speed. This is the worst part of this story.

I can meet you, the next time I am in Kolkata (in next 2-3 weeks - maybe earlier), but yes, I don't know, if I should meet with someone, who uses a fake id (Barak Obama is not your name). But still, I will meet with you... please send your name and phone number in my Inbox/Personal Message (please do not post publicly).

Regards,
    Kumar
    CommentQuote

Mr. Kumar24X7 (hope this is not your real name),

What do you want here ?
    cant you see I wrote "But now I do not get any answar if I ask them - " ?
    Doesnt it mean I already asked them ? and why should I go to PS for that :bab (59):

We all want the project to go successful......;)

@to the older folks, have you noticed some interesting people have joined on June 2015 ? Why so many pepole joined on same time (or same person having different account) ? I remember one claimed he has seen even pillers at Sanhita site ......
    CommentQuote