Dear experts,

Read in Anandabazar newspaper today about the project Sanhita being developed by Simoco Infrastructure. The price they are offerring are as below
1 BHK - 451 SqFt - 7,20,390
2 BHK - 14,74,000
3 BHK - 17,74,890

This is located on the east of the Eastern Link Highway, behind the New Town Heights on an extension of the Bagjola canal. The area at the moment has no connectivity, the roads are extremely poor and is about 6 minutes drive from New Town Heights / Sukhobrishti. My questions are;
1. I would primarily be buying here for investment. Would it be a good buy at this price considering I would sell it only after 10 years or so?
2. Is Simoco Infrastructure a well known name in the realty sector. I have not heard of them much earlier. Would seek your advice.
3. What is the general mood regarding that locality?

The per square feet price is coming roughly around 1700. I am not sure if that is a good buy at this area? Please suggest.
Read more
533 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • One thing which I always doubt while making an investment which is very long term is that if that area is not habitable for next 10 yrs or so how do you make the returns work?
    As on one hand you continue to spend annual maintenance costs, club charges, other costs every year and by the time the area actually develops I.e. 10 yrs, your property may not give you that price appreciation whicha new construction can give at that point in time?
    CommentQuote
  • abhishekjhab - very insightful...makes sense to me...In kolkata, too much futuristic location has many challenges.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ElliotRoad1
    Can anyone provide an idea about water quality around this area or Rajarhat in general? Of course, no one expects municipal water line in such remote area!!!

I hope the ground / boring water in these areas is not as bad as Christopher Road or Topsia.

The water of Rajarhat has high iron contents. All resident must have proper water treatment option, else it will be a nightmare.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhishekjhab
    One thing which I always doubt while making an investment which is very long term is that if that area is not habitable for next 10 yrs or so how do you make the returns work?
    As on one hand you continue to spend annual maintenance costs, club charges, other costs every year and by the time the area actually develops I.e. 10 yrs, your property may not give you that price appreciation whicha new construction can give at that point in time?

Yes, that is a very valid point. Completely agree Abhishek. Look at Rajarhat, for last 10 years it has been under development but still we have huge skyscrapers waiting to be occupied.
    CommentQuote
  • Have decided to drop this project, not submitting application
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandipRC

The water of Rajarhat has high iron contents. All resident must have proper water treatment option, else it will be a nightmare.

It's a concern but not a major problem. Must of the complex has its own water treatment plant. And it's not so costly.

We are installing at our own cost in a stand alone building.

Iron water is common around kolkata.
    CommentQuote
  • Considering the distance : at least 7KM from Unitech, and road+development to that extent is very uncertain , its a tough decision to convince myself, am thinking of giving this a pass.

Anyone, interested in taking the form I have bought, pls contact me. :bab (2):
    CommentQuote
  • Sanhita - application form

Have decided to drop out. Anyone interested to apply, let me know. I have a spare application form.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you friends for the details discussion about this project.

I am not much optimistic on the return of this investment and decided not to proceed further so have not submitted the application form. Waiting for some better project..
    CommentQuote
  • Some detail information

After Reading all reviews and feedback I tried to find out the answers from the Sanhita project authority (SIMOCO). Below are the questions and answrs received.

1. Why this plot is not under the purview of HIDCO although similar projects like Shukhobrishti are under HIDCO?
    A. Yes, The land is not under the purview of HIDCO as it has been purchased by SIMOCO from the individual owner(s). The area comes under the N24 PGS panchayat area.
    2. Any previous projects done by Simoco Systems and Infrastructure Ltd?
    A. No, This is the first big project being done by SIMOCO
    3. Previous projects by Architect PRAKALPA and other partners?
    A. They are not sure about it. You need to check in the web
    4. Is Century 21 Realty a partner or an advisor?
    A. According to the verbal conversation they are the “Channel” Partner
    5. What is date of lottery?
    A. Within May (May be 15th May)
    6. Who is the "reputed" law firm doing the lottery?
    A. TBD. They will not disclose the name before lottery. Probably the firm who looks after the legal aspects of SIMOCO will be appointed
    7. Where to physically submit the form?
    A. At the Sector V office
    8. Does the site fall in shallow marshy land, RAMSAR site, etc.
    A. They will not answer any question regarding the land details. They will provide copy and will not even show any documents related to land. They are saying that the land is under the name of SIMOCO Systems and Infrastructure Ltd. But no further documents will be shown by them. The area comes under the N24 PGS panchayat area.
    9. Need the Land clearance details
    A. No Land clearance details will be shown until the lottery is done. Once the lottery is done if you are not convinced with the Legal aspects you can withdraw your name but 30% of the deposited money will be deducted for the procedure fees.
    10. Distance in KM from Unitech/Tata Medical?
    A. 7 – 8 KM according to them. In reality much more than that
    11. Is the Eastern Link Highway a proposed one or is it existing?
    A. It is a proposed one. According to them 4 KM of the road is done and the work is in progress.
    12. Is the area falls under East Kolkata Wet Lands Act?
    A. Verbally they are saying NO it is not coming under the East Kolkata Wet Land Area. But again no document will be shown by them to prove that.
    13. Is there any signboard or boundary marked at the site with the Project Name?
    A. Recently Sign board and office is set up at the site. No boundary though
    14. Is the Club Membership going to be mandatory?
    A. No, the club membership will be optional.

15. Is there any option of bypassing the lottery?
    A. Yes. You can book the flat directly by paying (1 lakh per BHK) which means for 1 BHK you need to pay 1 Lakh, for 2 BHK – 2 Lakh and for 3 BHK – 3 Lakh for confirm booking. Paying this money by draft will only ensure your allotment but confirmation of Tower and floors will not be confirmed and will be decided later. Also an important point to note, previously the last date of direct booking was 12th March, 2014 which they have extended now with no end date.

I will not go for this project. Can you please suggest some good project with same price range...
    CommentQuote
  • If I understand correctly these guys were manufacturing phones earlier and defaulted to some banks on loans.
    CommentQuote
  • In most of the cases, projects are floated in the market to gather money without all requisite clearances and approvals etc. Even for recent project with name "Hiland Greens" at Maheshtala, Batanagar, lottery results have been announced and till date (19th March 2014) they have not get plan approved. Irony is that they have allotted flat no. with floors to the lottery winners, but Riverside Developer office is not able to state that your flat is on which side facing and the location of tower even. On talking to them it has been gathered that by 28th March they will get plan approved. But to me it seems that nothing has been finalised and every thing is till volatile. Most dangerous one is that your application money is forfeited, if you don't opt for acceptance.
    It is pathetic state of real state that people are deceived, duped and befooled by false claims of developers and none of the government authority/ agency do exists to check it.. So, think thousand times before opting for Sanhita or like projects. If you have spare money drop in Sanhita and forget for one or two decade. If you are lucky, it may yield returns more than prevailing interest rate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundarb00
    After Reading all reviews and feedback I tried to find out the answers from the Sanhita project authority (SIMOCO). Below are the questions and answrs received.

1. Why this plot is not under the purview of HIDCO although similar projects like Shukhobrishti are under HIDCO?
    A. Yes, The land is not under the purview of HIDCO as it has been purchased by SIMOCO from the individual owner(s). The area comes under the N24 PGS panchayat area.
    2. Any previous projects done by Simoco Systems and Infrastructure Ltd?
    A. No, This is the first big project being done by SIMOCO
    3. Previous projects by Architect PRAKALPA and other partners?
    A. They are not sure about it. You need to check in the web
    4. Is Century 21 Realty a partner or an advisor?
    A. According to the verbal conversation they are the “Channel” Partner
    5. What is date of lottery?
    A. Within May (May be 15th May)......................
    .....................................................................................
    .....................................................................................

I will not go for this project. Can you please suggest some good project with same price range...

Great work Sundarb. Thanks for the detailed "sting operation" :) . Really confusing why they are acting in such suspicious manner. Even if they have not finalized certain things or if the site is too far away, they can declare facts clearly as they are, then potential investors will be more willing to purchase even knowing the calculated risks. But by hiding facts, they are driving away even the few who are interested.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajarshi77
    If I understand correctly these guys were manufacturing phones earlier and defaulted to some banks on loans.

Rajarshi, this is interesting information! Can you provide some references from where you got it? Maybe some website links.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi.

Today being the third last day of submitting the forms (i had got the DD prepared and ready for submission) tried to call up Simoco office to enquire where to drop the forms and the DD. Strangely enough the Toll Free No. 1800-200-0104 doesn't seem to be working. I then called up their office number 033-40049900. The phone kept on ringing. I have been trying to ring both these numbers since morning 10, and in vain for the last 4 hours.

Its quite suspicious man!! Dropping the plan to invest in Sanhita. :(
    CommentQuote