Dear experts,

Read in Anandabazar newspaper today about the project Sanhita being developed by Simoco Infrastructure. The price they are offerring are as below
1 BHK - 451 SqFt - 7,20,390
2 BHK - 14,74,000
3 BHK - 17,74,890

This is located on the east of the Eastern Link Highway, behind the New Town Heights on an extension of the Bagjola canal. The area at the moment has no connectivity, the roads are extremely poor and is about 6 minutes drive from New Town Heights / Sukhobrishti. My questions are;
1. I would primarily be buying here for investment. Would it be a good buy at this price considering I would sell it only after 10 years or so?
2. Is Simoco Infrastructure a well known name in the realty sector. I have not heard of them much earlier. Would seek your advice.
3. What is the general mood regarding that locality?

The per square feet price is coming roughly around 1700. I am not sure if that is a good buy at this area? Please suggest.
Read more
533 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sdebnath
    Thanks for the update, @magarwal. I hope everything will be clear by September'2014. As they are claimming to have Agreement done on that period.

I went to them few days back to pay allotment money & lottery for the apartment. I talked to Mr. Krishnendu Banerjee @Simoco office, Saltlake Sec-V, (his cell - 8697729910). I did not get anything specific from him regarding bank loan & bank approval of the project. He only told me I 'd be getting all required documents at the time of agreement & also they 'd arrange/help us to get bank loan.

he told me we'd be getting pre-approved documents. bank will do searching and approve, then Simoco will provide us papers. he even mentioned the name of State bank of India.

I'm not very impressed by his appearance.
    The builder of my current apartment, where I stay now, is a super duper local cheater. So I least believe on the timmings when their promices will be materialised. :)

@sbasak, can you please tell us, if Simoco informed that IDBI is a partner or you got that info from some other sources ?

@sdebnath, SIMOCO only given the information. As they have told you the bank name SBI similar way they told me about the bank Indian Overseas Bank and IDBI. He and another fellow ( most probably his name is Mr. Uttam) both ensure that if we take loan from those bank, then it will help them also as they are their direct investment partner so the hazard will be less. I think better to talk about this with Mr. Banerjee. Or wait till the agreement.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbasak

2. For 3bhk there are 34 towers. For each tower number of applicants = 8*7 (no of floor) =56. Hence total no of 3bhk flats are 1904. This list contains 1200 applicants name and another 200 are direct applicant (Data given by Mr. Banerjee). Hence altogether 1400 3bhk flats are booked till now. I do not have any idea from where the rest of vacant flat will be filled. will they sell those at last or later part they sell it some higher rates or not. For 1bhk and 2bhk I have not calculated.

Total number of 3 BHKs are 7*4*35. This is because, if you see carefully, each of the 3B1, 3B2, .... , 3B35 actually contains 4 families per floor, not 8. So, total number of possible residents for 3 BHK is 980.

Thank you for the overall information :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by meghdoot
    Total number of 3 BHKs are 7*4*35. This is because, if you see carefully, each of the 3B1, 3B2, .... , 3B35 actually contains 4 families per floor, not 8. So, total number of possible residents for 3 BHK is 980.

Each floor of 3B1, 3B2,... 3B34 contains eight families like A,B,.... H. Hence its 7*8*34= 1904. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by meghdoot

@Meghdoot, there are 8 flats per floor, marked A, B, ...H. @sbasak is right.
    CommentQuote
  • I called Mr. Krishnendu Banerjee of Sanhita today. He said:

(1). Banks like HDFC and Indian Overseas Bank are making the background checks of the land for eligibility of giving loans.

(2). The result for the above background check will be clear on September this year.

(3). Mother deed is available at their office. If anybody wishes, he/she can go to their office and check the documents.

I hope this will bring some clarity and transparency on this project :)
    CommentQuote
  • phase 2

Phase 2 bookings are on. Anyone applying?

Also can we consider the investment safe now?
    CommentQuote
  • Seems they have started work. Yesterday's Anandabazar newspaper had their ad in front page....good sign...
    CommentQuote
  • any site visit pic please
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by subhojit
    Phase 2 bookings are on. Anyone applying?
    Also can we consider the investment safe now?

Where can I book in phase-2..?
    CommentQuote
  • has the project been approved for bank loan?
    CommentQuote
  • Hello friends. Its great to get such reviews from you all on this project. My friend and I booked for this project in the a preferred category. While booking their marketing head Shubhojit Dutt (as introduced by other staff) me ntioned some facilities for the preferred category
    1-If there is full down payment then we get 2% discount on the price
    2- A flat of your own choice without lottery
    3- Open car parking free of cost

You dont need to go for paid covered car parking.
    After receiving a letter for payment of 54,978/- we went to their office at Godrej Genesis building, 2nd Floor.... with no signboards as mentioned in other posts.
    What we got to know is
    1-No discount of 2% on downpayment
    2- Lottery is being done first cum first serve basis which is never heard of
    3- We will not get the flat of our choice
    4- No free car parking... covered or open
    Whereas all the three points except free car parking had been confirmed by them by email
    We visited their office many times and talked with Mr Prasenjit Mukherjee who has a business card without any designation mentioned on it.
    He told us that they are having a litigation with Century21 as they had falsely committed several customers.
    The land is also not under HIDCO as informed by their employee.

So we have decided to pull out as their words have really failed to keep up their commitments at such an early stage.
    Moreover, since March there has not been no development except taking money.
    CommentQuote
  • Many members were sceptical about the project because of too many unknowns. Its a huge project and the developer has no previous experience.

Instead Hiland Greens offer better proposition with credible promoter, clear land and better execution. The location is also livable with existing settlement and connectivity. Being just beside the Ganga is another plus. Off course for the IT folks its too far but for others its make much more safer option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumanb
    Many members were sceptical about the project because of too many unknowns. Its a huge project and the developer has no previous experience.

Instead XXXXXX offer better proposition with credible promoter, clear land and better execution. The location is also livable with existing settlement and connectivity. Being just beside the Ganga is another plus. Off course for the IT folks its too far but for others its make much more safer option.

Please refrain from publicizing rival projects. I think this is against the forum rules.
    CommentQuote
  • They are claimming that they got bank approval from Indian Overseas Bank.

Anyone visited the site or their office recently - any update ? anyone heard about agreement ?

Probably I'll to visit their site by next week, will share pix.....
    CommentQuote
  • Any update

I made the first payment and have not received any communication from them yet, every time I call them, I am told that they will mail out the letters shortly. The second payment was due after 15 days of the first payment but they have not sent any documents yet. Anyone made the second payment or know anything about the project status?
    CommentQuote