Hi,
I am looking for an apartment to buy in the 40 Lakhs range in which I plan on living down the line (meaning its not just an investment).
I can see that that I can go either towards Sonarpur or towards AAIII Newtown to get an apartment in my range.
Deeshari Megacity seems to be a very good option. However I am concerned about its connectivity to city in 2-3 years. Moreover the airport and railway station are quite far (~ 30 kms)
I looked at some single tower apartments which does not provide the same amenities in Newtown as Deeshari but the connectivity is better as of now.

Please suggest.
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • IMHO, Newtown / Rajarhat is a better option than Sonarpur...
    CommentQuote
  • In the same price range, you can also look at Tollygunge MG Road based projects from Eden or Larica. Well connected and on future & existing metro route; even Joka metro will not be far. Just a thought...

It is not clear whether it is for self-stay in 2-3 years or for investment? If the former then certainly connectivity and infrastructure is a big question. And in that regards, AAIII or Sonarpur in next 2-3 years may not develop that much. Instead, if it was later, then I would go for AAIII given potential.

Sonarpur would come last always in my list. However, if you have any specific fancy about that particular side of Garia/Narendrapur, try out Boral area that still sells housing complexes in your range. Projects like Omnilake View, Prudent Prana etc...
    CommentQuote
  • Go for NT/Rajarhat as most of the developments are happening there.
    CommentQuote
  • IMO, Narendrapur is much better area for investment than Sonarpur.There are lot of big projects coming up in and around Narendrapur area and NSC Bose road.Also the rates are reasonable at 2800-3200 psf.A high rise of G+17,G+16 (Rajwada Royal Gardens - Project Details | Rajwada Group) of four blocks of Rajwada Group coming up in rathtala more along with 2 other new projects in the same area.Ganguly group is coming up with a new project with 4000+ flats (Ganguly Group).
    Also,with the upcoming Kamalgazi bridge connecting bypass with the extension, the EM bypass extension is soon becoming an attractive area for investors.
    CommentQuote
  • Going by your requirements, I would suggest that you take a look at Southwinds as well
    CommentQuote
  • Sid basu : Do you have any idea about the builders called 'Rajwada Group'.They have lots of project in Pipeline in narendrapur and EM bypass ext. area including some high rises.I am not in Kolkata and unable to find any reviews on them (neither good nor bad) in the net.Is there any way to check the credential of any builders?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kolkataboy
    Sid basu : Do you have any idea about the builders called 'Rajwada Group'.They have lots of project in Pipeline in narendrapur and EM bypass ext. area including some high rises.I am not in Kolkata and unable to find any reviews on them (neither good nor bad) in the net.Is there any way to check the credential of any builders?

I have not heard anything bad about them. But then again I have never known anybody who actually resides in a flat delivered by them. As far as my understanding goes, almost all of their projects are in that garia - narendrapur stretch and all of them at various stages of construction. Somehow I get very jittery with builders who have suddenly decided to dabble in multiple projects without a body of completed work to show. Had the same problem with Mounthill and that's why I opted out of the North Grande project.
    Then again this concern might be unfounded but this looks a risky proposition now.

There are forums like Credai who give accreditions to builders and projects... so that's one way to go... but in general the thumbrule is that all things being equal, nothing beats an actual visit of a completed project to see the builder's output
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sid basu
    I have not heard anything bad about them. But then again I have never known anybody who actually resides in a flat delivered by them. As far as my understanding goes, almost all of their projects are in that garia - narendrapur stretch and all of them at various stages of construction. Somehow I get very jittery with builders who have suddenly decided to dabble in multiple projects without a body of completed work to show. Had the same problem with Mounthill and that's why I opted out of the North Grande project.
    Then again this concern might be unfounded but this looks a risky proposition now.

There are forums like Credai who give accreditions to builders and projects... so that's one way to go... but in general the thumbrule is that all things being equal, nothing beats an actual visit of a completed project to see the builder's output

Thanks.
    I checked the CREDAI Bengal site and found that they are member of this association.
    CommentQuote
  • Tell them their post is so good you have no choice BUT to share it…
    CommentQuote
  • are under 20 lacs flats in Rajarhat reliable? I've heard some fraud cases and delays in paper works. Can anybody suggest good builder in Rajarhat (reliable and honest)? Im good with both 1 or 2 bhk. i live in new delhi. it will be of great help if someone could suggest me on these facts. Also I'm 29, not much knowledge about retail business.

please help me out. thanks so much, ritwika.
    CommentQuote
  • Shaporji flats will be available in your budget. The area is developing and almost livable.

Few standalone building flat might be available in AA1 in your budget after heavy negotiation.

Keshtopur, Baguihati will be in your budget.

Rajarhat mainroad will be also in your budget. There are many very good complex on that road and the area transformed unbelievably.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2/3 BHK flat within 35 lakhs either in Newtown or Rajarhat Main Road not beyond Derozio College.

The only constraint I have is non top & Ground floor and super builtup area must be close to 1000sqft

Can someone please advise good projects/available stocks ?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments